Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (10)
- Easy PeasyReview by Graham
- Followed instructions, simple task - well, once we had figured out we needed to hold the zip lock on the slider clear anyway :) 10 Minutes - all done. (Posted on 6/10/16)
- Zipper HappyReview by 2linby
- These things rock! They go up, they go down! Amazing! No really now, they worked just fine. My old zipper pull was just plum worn out and these where easy to replace and made my old suit zippers like new and hassle free. Thanks for the prompt shipping! (Posted on 4/4/16)
- RC Main ZipperReview by Anthony
- Ordered this kit to renew the #10 main sliders on a vintage RC one-piece. After a short struggle getting the new upper slider engaged, the rest was easy. Finished by crimping on a new stop. Previously the zipper was hard to engage and release (I actually got stuck in my suit once). Now it works like new. Even though it is not very water resistant with newer pads and zipper sliders the suit is now good for another 25 years! (Posted on 3/22/16)
- Zip your ...........!Review by gl
I've had my suit since 1992. I've replaced the main zip pull 2 times in the 80,000mi I've ridden. It always feels like new when replaced. I've found when it gets sticky and hard to pull it needs replacing, otherwise the pull falls apart and you are SOL. Carry extra pulls with you in the sleeve!
gl (Posted on 4/5/13)
- Easy FixReview by Justin
- Zipper works as well as before. The hardest and most time consuming part was removing the old stop, it was not as easily accomplished as the instructions implied. (Posted on 1/22/13)
- Fixed...Review by jbhawley
- Replaced my main zipper pull on my onsey RC. Good as new. Takes a bit of effort to get the new slider positioned properly due to the sipper material. Other than than...works like a charm. New slider works better than the original...probably because its new and not worn.... :) (Posted on 4/3/12)
- Good as newReview by John
Replaced the sliders after a pull tab broke off after a decade of heavy use. Easy enough. The new zipper sliders combined with a washed and DWR wash in coating (Nikwaxed TX) and they slide sooo smoothly. Nice.
One note: I wasn't quite clear where to use the smaller zipper pictured in bottom center. The zipper is the same size, but the handle is smaller ... I stuck in on the R leg. (Posted on 11/18/11)
- Better than Wal-MartReview by John
- Got these cause one side failed, and to have a back up in case the other side goes. Have had my suit for a LONG time, first time I've had to replace any zippers. These look and work exactly like the original and install is easy. Suit is like new again. (Posted on 11/14/11)
- Not as good as I expectedReview by BMWRIDER
- I replaced the zipper slider on the right leg of my Aerostitch. I was having trouble starting the new slider without causing the zipper to separate (unzip). So, I sewed the zipper together at the end getting much praise from my wife who sews a lot. After I started the slider, I cut the thread and voila, a new slider. Several days later, I put on my Aerostitch to take a long ride and as I zipped the right leg, it came unzipped right behind the slider. No amount of unzipping and rezipping would help. Since I was already late to leave on this 800 mile day, I wore my old gear. When I get back home I will look more closely at the problem and update this review if I have made a mistake. While the instructions were OK, they don't give any hint on what to do if the results aren't what one would expect. For $20 including shipping, I expect better instructions. (Posted on 10/5/11)
- more great stuffReview by whatever2k
- It actually does come with everything in the picture, regardless of what the description says. Took about 15 minutes each to install, and way simpler than sending my Roadcrafter back for the repair. (Posted on 8/19/11)