Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (6)
- Comp back padReview by Fritz
- It's large and took a little getting used to but after 5k on my 690 and 13k on my 1290 in 2016 I would feel naked with out it!! (Posted on 12/10/16)
- Just do it and buy one,Review by jb102
I've fannied about with trying to fit Knox back protectors to my Aerostich but decided to bite the bullet and I'm glad I did.
If you have an Aerostich suit and you value your ability to walk, then this back protector is a no brainer.
It fits perfectly is unobtrusive, and I do notice it when wearing the suit, but in a way that is positive and confidence inspiring.
I'm in the UK and it arrived within 4days.
If you've read this far and haven't decided it's a good idea, then I wish you luck riding without protecting your spine. (Posted on 3/25/16)
- I hate it when you are right!Review by The Goochman
I was warned that the competition pad was very warm, but based on Dukasaki's review, I ordered it anyway.
While it is a wonderful product and beautifully made, I had to remove it from my 2 piece RoadCrafter Classic on an 80+ degree day because I was so hot, I thought I would pass out. Yes, I had all of the vents open.
I tell you though, I felt naked without it, but I will definitely be going back to the standard back pad that I have from my 10 year old suit, pending the purchase of a new back pad.
I LOVE my RoadCrafter - Best motorcycle suit I have ever owned in 40 years of riding. Remember, I loved it so much, that I bought a new one!
aka The Goochman (Posted on 3/8/16)
- Great investmentReview by Bob
- What a great investment for my RC- it feels very very secure! (Posted on 2/4/15)
- A good compromise and investmentReview by Dukasaki
I'm 6'-2", 180 lbs, 35" inseam, and have a one-piece Roadcrafter size 44L, in standard cut, without the lower back ellipse. I ordered the the Competition Back Pad in size large, and received it a month ago. I chose the Competition version for the extra protection it would offer.
Though I was concerned it might hinder my forward lean excessively, it increased that constraint only moderately. As with the TF3 knee, elbow, and shoulder armor, the Competition back pad is just a slab of blue foam (though a very particular, energy-absorbing blue foam) with a black, plastic outer layer, but my impression is that it's well suited for the everyday commuting I do.
In terms of thermal comfort, as I've only been using the pad for a month of spring weather riding (temperatures between 50 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit, with moderate humidity), I can't speak for its performance in full summer heat. So far, however, it seems to have had little effect on the suit's ventilating effectively.
One minor fault might be that for my torso length, at least, it seems that the pad could be longer by an inch or two, better to cover the tailbone. (Aerostich might be able to do this most simply by extending the pad's tail by that amount.) In my case, in an attempt to get better coverage of the tailbone, I installed the pad an inch lower than it's designed to go. (I purposely misaligned the pad's hook-and-loop rectangles an inch downward from those sewn in the suit.) I believe my torso length is near average for someone of my height, though I'm not certain of this.
Other than this minor question of sizing, then, I'm happy with the purchase, and I think the Competition pad will serve me well.
(Posted on 5/15/12)
- Competition Back PadReview by Martuono
- Living in Scotland I expected delivery to take a week or two so you can imagine my surprise when I received this on Friday morning after ordering it on the Monday at gone 9.00pm in the same week! Back pad fitted easily to my all in one suit and also to my leather and also my cordura jackets. Fits like a glove with no interference. Very Impressed. (Posted on 11/8/11)