Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (28)
- This jacket is exactly what I was looking forReview by Walter
- Very happy with this jacket as street attire. Nice fit, good looks, and very effective wind blocker - comfortable in the low 30's on a windy day with just an Under Armor layer beneath. Have yet to wear it on the road (my Darien is in for repair), but will update my review once I have. (Posted on 1/8/13)
- Have yet to find something betterReview by Nick M
I have spent a long time searching for the perfect thermal soft shell, and the TLTec is the closest I have found. Even with access to jackets from most of the outdoor companies at cost, I buy these.
Almost universally, you have to sacrifice warmth to get a wind and water shedding soft shell, but the TLTec nails them both beautifully. They hold up very well to daily abuse as well, lasting me about 3-4 years before they start looking a bit ratty and the outer layer starts to come unfused from the fleece. The next one will likely last longer using the fancy soft shell washing products.
My only complaint is that the fit is rather bulky. The arm holes are large, and I can't wear it with most of my riding jackets because the amount of loose fabric that bunches up around my biceps is uncomfortable. It is quite roomy around the midsection as well, and the loose fit sacrifices some thermal efficiency. (Posted on 9/9/12)
- The perfect layerReview by Dena
- Naturally this is sized for a man, so the shoulders are a little too broad and the arm length is a little too long. But it's a perfect layer between my outer jacket and the electric jacket. I wore it on a 40 degree day and was very comfortable. Overall, I'm quite happy with it. (Posted on 2/16/12)
- TL Softshell keeps the wind outReview by Hollywood
- This product keeps the wind out, is warm, and durable. In addition, it looks good enough to wear on its own or underneath your Aerostitch suit. (Posted on 1/6/12)
- Good jacketReview by Merle
- I have had this jacket for about 6 weeks now and have worn it several times, both as a top jacket and underneath heavier jackets. I am very, very pleased with the quality, the fit and the comfort. A good investment. (Posted on 12/23/11)
- great performanceReview by John
- Bought this jacket to wear as a liner under my Roadcrafter. It fits closely but comfortably and the wind performance is unmatched by anything else I've ever had. Works perfectly under my suit, and the wife likes the way it looks on me and wants one. If anything ever happens to this one I'll be buying a replacement. (Posted on 11/25/11)
- I wish I had got this instead...Review by Dave P
I bought a Darien jacket this summer and paired it with the TLTec Wind Blocker Fleece Liner sized to the jacket. The liner is a fine garment but somewhat lacking in exterior pockets. I saw the Soft Shell jacket in a recent sale and decided to take a flyer on it.
It has been excellent both as a liner for the Darien and a great jacket for general wear in the autumn weather here in southern Ontario. I concur with all of the comments regarding its warmth and versatility, i.e. LOTS of exterior pockets. Truth be told I wish I had bought it instead of the Wind Blocker. (Posted on 11/23/11)
- Soft Shell Fleec JacketReview by JIM in KC
Gotta say, I just LOVE my new soft shell fleece jacket. I've wanted one since they came out a few years back. Wish I hadn't waited so long, but my original 300 wt Aero fleece jacket is still going strong after nearly daily use in winter months.
The cut of the soft shell version has evolved; shorter collar, zip pockets, some mesh lining. Slightly fuller cut which allows more clothes beneath, but a very "crisp" look. The styling is quite sophisticated. I liked the stretch knit cuffs and bottom on the original, but the bound elastic on the new one is tidy. Less bulky; packs a little smaller.
The smooth, soft shell finish better slides into my Roadcrafter suit, but it's still a tight fit.
(I had my suit cut close for sportbike use; my old fleece jacket won't fit under at all.)
Note: this is not a wind block fabric, but less permeable than regular fleece.
I'm a medium, size 38-40, 140 lb weakling.
Verdict: sure, you can buy a generic fleece jacket for a lot less, but this one is designed for motorcycling, looks heaps cooler, and fwiw, made in the good ole USA. Keep those N. Central US types employed. Buy this jacket. (Posted on 11/21/11)
- UnrealReview by Yo Graham
- This jacket is unreal. I bought it on sale as I needed a light jacket but never planned on using it as a riding layer. I have heated gear for that this time of year. I start wearing heated gear at around 40 degrees but this year I tried to just use the TLTec jacket and so far i have not hooked up my heated jacket liner. Ive ridden with this jacket and roadcrafter down to 35 degrees and have been nice and warm. Im really impressed. (Posted on 11/14/11)
- Great product !!!Review by Maurice J Audet
NIce jacket, good wind blocker.
Hope you make the pants soon !!! (Posted on 9/13/11)