Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (9)
- Another great Aerostich itemReview by Uncle Dave
I also have an Aerostich Dispatch Bag that I use when I'm riding. It's great. I have the strap length set so it "sits" on the rear seat behind me.
I picked up a Letter Bag at a great price that was on-sale on the "factory seconds" list. I use it as a "man purse" on the weekends. I can peal my organizer pocket out of the Dispatch Bag and stick it to the Letter Bag. And it's just the right size to toting around town.
My only complaint: This is a fairly small bag... I think the 2" shoulder strap is over kill. It's too stiff and takes a long time to break-in for a small "purse" type bag like this. I would down-size to a 1" shoulder strap, 1.5" max. But since it's sewn-in for strength, I can't change it at home.
So, 9 out of 10 points! (Posted on 8/21/15)
- Good, but...Review by Pat
I purchased this bag to use on my motorcycle commute. Unfortunately a medical issue halted riding, However, my letter bag is used as a "murse", as such it has some drawbacks. It could be about an inch or so wider, that way files will fir without bending. It could be a tad wider so the occasional bulky item will fit better. Velcro, Velcro, there is a yard of the stuff on the front of the bag, it could be re-positioned or reduced in width so it's both easier and quieter to open,
(picture a loud ripping sound in a theater or church). Finally, despite its quirks, it is a beautifully made item,quality materials and workmanship throughout. I am not using the bag on my bike, but I am sure it would perform flawlessly in its intended application. Well done Aerostich. (Posted on 8/13/15)
- My "old" letter bagReview by Tom
I've been using a hi-viz letter bag for years....before I retired, it hauled my work-related stuff. Now it hauls my personal stuff (a book, a mini-iPad, and some sundries).What a great way to have a bomb-proof "man purse"!
I noticed that the lining had cracked /peeled in one spot, so I smeared some clear silicone on it. Voila! Waterproof again!
I recently purchased the waxed cotton version (LOVE the feel!), and am holding it in reserve until I need to abandon my faithful hi-viz. Hell...that may not occur within my lifetime! Guess my son will get both of them when I fall off the perch!
Great product! Great value! (Posted on 3/27/14)
- Letter BagReview by Conchscooter
As with all things Aerostich this bag is designed by people who ride so you know it works as intended. It was easy for me to buy the smallest bag because I have been living with the next size up (Dispatch) for years and the bag has become indispensible wherever I go. I don't like tank bags and I hate sitting on my overstuffed wallet so my life is in my messenger bag. The arrival of a mini iPad in my life made the downsizing to the Letter bag possible.
When I ride, the bag usually rides in my pannier but if I need to use the pannier to carry purchases etc.. I can slip the bag over my shoulder no problems. Also while riding and stopped at a light I can easily get into the bag unlike a back pack which is inaccessible while riding (and uncomfortable).
I cannot say enough good stuff about these over the shoulder bags. I don't use the stabilizing strap nor the shoulder pad and you will never see me without my Dispatch or Letter bag. Planes, trains automobiles, motorcycles, movies, at work, in motels tents or on ferries, I have my bag within reach. You will too. You can't go wrong. (Posted on 10/11/13)
- A Manly - Ohhhh, Lovely Red, Too!- Man PurseReview by Smilin' Kev
- I've gotten REALLY tired of trying to find enough jacket pockets - especially in warm weather riding - to hold all the "stuff" that an old geezer needs to have along on a dualsport ride: cell phone; wallet; bottle of water; pillbox; snack bar; a few wrenches and screwdrivers; a compass; a small flashlight; sunscreen; maps; etc. I've got one of the new (2013) Honda CRF 250L "goes-just-about-anywhere" machines and I love it . . . but the accessories market hasn't developed much for it yet and there aren't any small tank bags that fit it well. I was considering "borrowing" one of my wife's old purses and using a belt to sling it as a cross-body bag, but then I spotted this "letter bag." I've used it just once, but that was enough: I love it! It holds an amazing amount of stuff; especially with the help of the accessory shoulder pad, it stays very comfortably in place (even without the extra "stabilizing strap" that I bought with it) on the highway, on washboard dirt roads, and even bucking along forest trails. I picked the red Letter Bag and it complements my 250L and my gear wonderfully. The only downside is that - even though I've shown her the web site and the invoice to verify that it is a "Letter Bag" - my wife won't let me carry the darn thing everywhere! (Posted on 4/9/13)
- Great BagReview by KrystalBlue
The letter bag is great. It has allowed me to put alot of what I was carrying in my tank bag into the letter bag and carry them with me.
Letting me use the tank bag for othr stuff besides wallet keys sunglasses etc.
Great purchase really well built (Posted on 4/2/13)
- ExcellentReview by MotoGal
- This bag has met all of my expectations from such an outstanding company. I bought this bag for use as a purse. When purchasing it, I thought it may be slightly big but I love the size. The quality is unmatched and I can feel good that it's made here in the states. My only teeny tiny complaint is that the key holder on the inside is really strong and sometimes difficult to remove my keys from. I suggest it with the organizer pocket if you're going to use it as a purse. It gives you lots of organizing options. Best of all, it looks great with a motorcycle. (Posted on 8/1/12)
- Tough indeedReview by Kim
- I carried this bag almost exclusively for about a decade. The lining cracked after a while, but it's otherwise held up very well. I'm not sure you can say that about many other textile bags of this size. (Posted on 6/23/12)
- Let me be the first...Review by Kourt
- Nobody has reviewed this bag yet?? Let me be the first: I am a long time owner of the Aerostich Courier bag in hi-viz yellow. For a recent trip to eastern Europe, I needed a smaller bag for use as a day bag, carrying a water bottle, food, guide book and extra papers. I purchased the Aerostich Letter Bag for this purpose and was not disappointed. In addition to serving admirably as a day bag, on several occasions this bag also literally saved my ass when I slipped and fell in ice and snow--the bag broke my fall and I was able to continue without injury. Throughout the snow, ice and wet train compartments, the Letter Bag kept my items dry. With the substantial Velcro attached flap I was never worried about the pickpockets on the Budapest subway--it would have been too noisy to try to open the Letter Bag. Now that I've returned, the Letter Bag is the go-to bag for small trips--it even hauled a bottle of wine to a party earlier this week. (Posted on 1/4/11)