Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (8)
- A great gauge for hard to reach valve stemsReview by Steve
- I have purchased several other dial type tire pressure gauges of late, and while they worked just fine checking the tire pressures for my vintage Harley Superglide, they were extremely awkward when trying the same feat on my 1978 Moto Guzzi Convert LAPD. With the Vetter saddlebags in the rear end, and the brake discs on both wheels, it is really difficult to get a gauge firmly on the valve stem on this bike. This gauge does that with style and grace. I highly recommend it for those bikes where the wheels are cluttered and it is difficult to access the valve stems. It appears to be made well, and I look forward to many years of service from it. (Posted on 8/27/12)
- Very Good GaugeReview by Terry
- This is the best gauge that I have ever used. I would highly recommend it. (Posted on 5/17/12)
- Tighten the couplingReview by Oddball
- Bought this for a shop gauge. Worked right first time I used it, but then slowly lost its reading on each subsequent use. Got so bad I thought it next to useless. Then I discovered the problem - the threaded coupling that attaches the hose to the stem of the gauge was almost completely unscrewed. Screwed it up good and tight, and it now works a treat. WARNING - Do not unscrew this coupling to look inside, as you'll find a black rubbery slippery disc with a thin white disc on top of it, and on top of that a small spring that is more pointed on one end; all of which will easily fall out. The spring on mine fell out, and I put it back in with the pointy end up (ie, pointed into the stem, not the hose). (Posted on 10/20/11)
- Exactly what I neededReview by johnj
- Excellent item, I like the flexible hose feature that allows easier placement on the valve. Precise and a quality instrument. (Posted on 10/4/11)
- Regarding Dan 3-11-11Review by Don
- Dan, trust the reading while gage hose is still attached. When releasing hose a small amount can (WILL!) leak resulting in the small decrease in the PSI reading and is something to expected as the check valve that holds the pressure reading seats and seals. This is not a bad gauge as you suspect. Mine has worked as I described for many years. (Posted on 3/27/11)
- OK Gauge. Nice Feature.Review by Dan
I bought this because I like the fact it kept the reading until it is released by me. Also it is easy to get onto the valve. There is a button to release the reading when done that also becomes a bleed valve so it's very easy to release air already in tire. I found I can overfill a few pounds or so and then use the button to drop the pressure to exactly what I desire. Nice-!
The only trouble with mine is that after a month or so I get one reading with the hose on the valve and when I take it off to look at it it drops about 2 lb. or so. I wish I had exchanged it and might still try because it's just wrong. It should hold the reading while hooked on valve and then when removed. Bad gauge-!! It is consistent so I have just allowed for this discrepancy, no big deal really but it starts me doubting if I have the right pressure .... I might see if there is a similar brand out there in the shopping world but would recommend. I must have gotten a lemon.
It feels very sturdy and well made. It very well might not be made in China-? (Posted on 3/11/11)
- Terrific!Review by PsychB
- Been using mine for 12 years - accurate, strong, and easy to use. Could not be improved upon. Just bought a second one for my son for his new scoot - to encourage him to check his pressures often. (Posted on 6/3/10)
- Very Precise GaugeReview by Richard
- It makes checking out the tyre pressure easy with the flexiable hose also it keeps the pressure on the gauge utill you press the pressure release button, Which also makes it easy to adjust the pressure to the correct level and is a sturdy built. But due to it being carried in the top box i have used a old plastic tyre repair box to hose the gauge from damage. (Posted on 6/2/10)