Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (34)
- It works!Review by Steve
It worked really well during a trip with very windy weather. It is not intended for use as an alternative garage--if you put it on a hot bike it will melt where it touches the hottest spots--but it is well worth waiting for the bike to cool down on a trip where weight and size are important!
For the lock, I used one of those locks with a (relatively short) cable that you get when you buy a new pistol: it worked well.
There were some complaints about the original black color: I presume that black was used so that you couldn't see through the thin cover to see what kind of bike it is: but for most of us, that is not that big of an issue--especially since the cover is loose which makes it harder to see through (especially when the wind is blowing).
I got a medium for a Moto Guzzi V7: and it also fit over two side bags as needed...and probably a top box as well, although I always took my top box in. (Posted on 10/26/16)
- robust and convenientReview by artifactory
This cover is remarkably robust, given how thin it is. I find it easy to put on and take off - the elastic around the cover's base is very helpful in fitting it to the base of the bike. It bundles up quickly into a small bunch when you don't take the time to shrink it into its pocket, and can be quickly stuffed into a saddlebag for temp storage, taking up little room. I use a couple of bungee cords to reduce the exposure to wind, which I'd recommend.
Only caveat is the color. It's been fine parking in the city, but in less populated areas, it melts into the darkness and could be at risk of being backed into unseen. A reflective strip or LED would be good in that circumstance (with the black colored cover). (Posted on 5/24/16)
- Great cover of new bike.Review by John
I asked the desk clerk where to park my bike, she said just a minute, let me look.
There under the awning sat my MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso, she said park it right here, on the sidewalk where we can see it through the window.
I walked to a nearby restaurant for supper, and upon return, the exhaust and engine were cool, so I covered the bike. My grey cover went on easily and next morning the saddlebag served as a stuff sack. Much easier than trying to find room for the cover in it's integral stuff sack in the TVL's oddly shaped saddlebags. It wasn't windy so the drawstring was sufficient to secure the cover.
I had thought to leave MV's work of art uncovered for the public to admire, but thought better of it; another might find her as tempting as me. (Posted on 2/10/16)
- Works as it shouldReview by Warren
This is the second cover I've bought. First is still going strong on my Street Triple.
These are great covers. Love how lightweight they are -- and how easy they are to put onthe bike since they are so lightweight. Only used inside, so can't comment on any type of weather safety -- but definitely the only cover I'll have for bikes moving forward
(oh, on a 2016 R1200GS. went with the large and it fits perfectly with the windscreen) (Posted on 11/2/15)
- Cover fit Review by Scott
- Used my cover this weekend and worked well. It is thin and light for sure. Much lighter than my OEM FJR cover. No way I could carry OEM on trips. Fyi for sizing. I used a medium on the FJR1300. It fit pretty well. I do have a much bigger than stock windscreen but I still think medium was the right size. (Posted on 9/9/15)
- Great Cover with LED LightReview by Zorro26632
This cover is very light and works well in high winds. I have used in any times, and most recently in my coast-to-coast US 50 ride. The only thing that is a minor issue, is the color is jet black.
One dark and foggy night in Big Sur, CA, a young lady could not see my covered Goldwing and backed into the bike with her car. Fortunately, I faced the bike outward on the service stand and it did not fall, as she pushed it more than a foot along the asphalt before realizing what was going on.
I now have attached a Nite Ize flashing red LED to the cover. it clips perfectly on the "L" label along the Aerostich tag at the bottom of the cover. Now you can see the bike at night.
I just love this cover! (Posted on 7/26/15)
- Love this cover!Review by Ken
After a great discussion with the staff, we settled on a perfect fitting cover. Side cases, no top case, windscreen, and antenna on my K1600GT Sport were considerations that led to the size Aerostich recommended.
I love the black, non-descript look, It packs up into its own incorporated (can't lose it) pouch, and as its newness wears off, it seems to pack up in smaller.
Nice product, and worth the $'s, and wait, if it's back ordered. USA made quality. (Posted on 7/1/15)
- love but what happened to the grey ones?Review by Rebecca
- What happened to the grey ones?? Please bring back!!! Perfect for the sun. Perfect for the city. The grey just just made the bike disappear. Not only protects but doesn't catch the eye so much of thieves looking to snatch up two wheelers. (Posted on 4/14/15)
- Excellent cover!!Review by Neil
- After having my cover for the last half of the season I can say that I am very pleased with the cover. Very quick on and off, packs up very small, no reason not to carry with you and baby your bike!! A little added security covering your bike, no one can see what's there. After a couple of big storms the grommets for the bungie cord proved it's worth, very handy feature. I have a 2014 BMW GS Adventure, the large size fits very nicely with all my bags, with room to stack more items on the bike if needed. Nice to peel it off in the morning and be able to hop on a dry dewless bike! A little bit of price sticker shock at first but well worth the money!! (Posted on 1/7/15)
- Great cover for my K1600 GTLReview by Dave
- I used this cover during a multi-day hard storm in Asheville, NC recently over my 2014 K1600 GTL and it performed very well. It packs easily into the self storage bag, goes on easily, and with an added short bungee cord - held on while protecting the bike, well. I am pleased with this purchase. (Posted on 8/2/14)