Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (27)
- For the price and function - great!Review by Devin
I own an '87 Honda Magna. So it's old, no-fairings (not even a windscreen) and very basic. I however am cheap, stubborn enough to ride in any weather, and a techie. So when I saw these grip warmers that were well under $100, easy to install with no other wiring, plus I could use the quick connects for other do-dads I knew immediately what to use my birthday gift card on!
I have no comparison to other grip warmers but I will however echo a couple of caveats from other reviews that I read before I purchased mine:
1. They get hot! I don't have any type of controller aside from just loosening my grip for a moment. This isn't a bad thing, just a nuance of their design. I'm sure if I had a controller they would be much more comfortable.
2. When installed, be sure to rotate them so that the seam falls in the crook between your thumb and forefinger. This makes them much less noticeable and seems to lessen any chance of them slipping around the grip (I have not witnessed this except when parked and just screwing around).
I have noticed a significant drain on my battery after use, however this is of no fault to the warmers. I just need a new battery I believe and to perhaps upgrade my stator. I only state this because I didn't consider this before installation and ended up having to call my awesome wife to come give me a jump after getting some petrol.
All in all a great product for the price and its intended function. Ride safe! (Posted on 12/28/13)
- Great product at a good priceReview by Mike
- Was going to by heated gloves and a friend recommended these. Tried them this week when the temps were in the 30's and they work great. Easy to install. Would recommend for any cold weather riding. (Posted on 11/30/13)
- aerostich warm wrap gripsReview by curt
- I ordered these grip warmers in April and and finally got to use them the end of the month. I have a 1700 voyager and found that the wiring could be a little longer from the split at the Y connection to the grips, even though I had ordered the long ones. Grips were easy to install and wire and worked okay I used them for about 6 weeks and took them off for the summer and reinstalled in Sept. they worked about 2 weeks and then no more heat, when I really started to need them. I was hopping for a better product that would last for more than 8 weeks of usage. (Posted on 11/1/13)
- AwesomeReview by Colin
- You can't beat these wraps. For the price, ease of installation, and warmth they are awesome. They sure do get hot at cruising speed but holding the grips loosely or opening your fingers cools them off quick. The fact they go over the grip allows for insulation from the bars which seems to be a big issue with the under grip heaters I was skeptical of the thickness of the grip but really can't notice them. Offroad i had more issues with the left grip rotating just a bit as i keep a pretty relaxed grip than the throttle side. Points of failure will certainly be the connections at the grips but looks like they have lasted years for many. The "Y" lead works great and theres no need to fasten the wires to the bars. The ability to switch these between bikes is great. (Posted on 10/22/13)
- Good product, butReview by Mal G
- They are a good product & work well, but they do tend to move around the grip. This can be a problem on the throttle side, where the wires tend to catch on the cables..My first pair broke one of the wires there, which, for me, was hard to solder satisfactorily.. Hence the second pair. (Posted on 7/16/13)
- Works as advertised, easy to useReview by richmintz
These grips are easy to take on and off the handlebars, and the connectors can be wired into the battery permanently and the wiring stashed away (e.g., under the seat) when not in use. The harness that wires into the battery has a standard connector that I also use for my battery charger.
The grips get very hot (which is good), but don't heat up all the way around -- there is one zone that is hotter than the rest. But given how easy they are to install and use, they're a great value.
Much more wiring is provided than I needed to reach the battery on my bike (a Royal Enfield). (Posted on 3/26/13)
- Sport touring...Review by Burt A.
- Great product! These in conjunction with the sheepskin saddle cover and a set of woodcraft clip on risers, have effectively converted my Aprilia RSV1000R Factory into a really versatile sport tourer! I'm now able to wear my elk skin gauntlet gloves when I'd ordinarily have to resort to much thicker bulkier winter gloves. Really innovative product that can be removed or installed in seconds and stored in a tank bag. (Posted on 1/11/13)
- Unbelevable warmthReview by Kevin
Got these for Christmas and installed them last weekend. Soooo easy, and without the need for grip replacment. I live in Florida and usually need heavy gloves a few times in the Winter. Now with these grip warmers I should be able to ride with my lighter gloves. Also when not needed I just remove them and wrap on the mirror post. Remember to wrap them on tight so they don't twist on the throttle grip.
The power cord could be a couple of inches longer even on the extra long size to allow for throttle twist. I ride a 2003 Suzuski VL800. Thanks for a great product. (Posted on 1/8/13)
- Really good valueReview by Dick
These little heating pads for your grips can't be beat. Just came in from a ride in low 30-degree weather, and my hands were comfortably warm. They do heat up fast, but letting go for a couple of seconds will cool them down to where you can grab them again.
I have a Goldwing and recommend the long version for those bikes. Installation took about 2 minutes. Great value for the money. Keep the seam up, so it hits the pocket at the base of the thumb, and your fingers will be warm. (Posted on 11/7/12)
- Easy Warm HandsReview by JoeR
- These things are very easy to install and work great. I was somewhat concerned when I ordered them that they would make the grips too fat or too soft. I haven't had any concerns with grip feel since I got them. The do get really hot, really fast, much faster than the heated grips on my other bike. I had an old heat troller that I used on an electric vest that I have since replaced. Placing this heat troller in line with the power source for the grips allows me to control the temperature of the grips. (Posted on 2/27/12)