Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (33)
- bomb-proofReview by Scott
- I have been using this tail bag regularly since 1997. I has withstood a lot of hard use and has never been torn nor have any straps or buckles been damaged. In addition to service as a tail bag, It is scuffed from use, but never a drop of water has entered the bag. I use it to carry my SLR camera, helmet and riding suit (remove the armor to pack down) as a carry-on for overseas tours. Hint - Improve your rear-ward conspicuity by selecting the yellow or red bag. (Posted on 9/20/11)
- Love it!Review by Mike
This bag is perfect for short or longer trips. The large bag
straps on the passenger seat of my RT easily and dose not extend pass the top case for less wind drag. It seems very durable and is certainly water proof. A 400 mi. day in all rain proved it. Highly recommended. (Posted on 9/5/11)
- so far i love it...Review by Feest
- Haven't had it through a really good gullywasher yet - but so far i love the bag. I bought the big one - and it fits nicely right across the pillon seat of my K1600GTL. I use Rok straps to ensure it's extra secure - right to the hand holds on the seat. It's an extra trunk with lots of room when i'm running alone - love it - and i love knowing that it's completely waterproof. (Posted on 9/3/11)
- Best way to travelReview by Chuck
- I bought the large bags, one for me and one for my wife. They fit great on the backs of our BMW R1200RT and F800ST. I just used the saddlebags on the bikes for the jackets I was not using like my colder weather stuff as it was 100+ degrees for the whole trip. I brought the colder gear just in case as you never know. I strapped the bags to the bikes with the ROK straps and they worked better than expected. At the end of a long day, just undo two straps and head to the hotel room. No worry about scratching paint matched saddlebags, no messing with large bulky saddlebags, just grab the bag and go. They held all we needed for 10 days on the road through rain, heat, and very aggressive riding. In the morning, just pack them up, roll the top, and off you go. I ordered black though and the bag heated up enough to melt my deodorant but my hairbrush smells great and will never perspire. My wife got the yellow one and did not experience this. Perhaps white bags should be offered. I can not recommend them enough and I can use them on kayak trips. (Posted on 7/24/11)
- quality!Review by Bea
Yep, these bags are quality. The medium is amazing for weekend trips. I use the medium bag, strapped behind me (yes, it does make a great backrest when loaded and strapped properly) and the ortlieb low profile saddlebags together on my really small bike, and into those go everything I need. In yellow, it also helps to increase my visibility.
I also took this bag as a dry bag on a canoe trip, and though didn't dump, it worked as well camping as it does on a bike. Five stars! The medium is not hard to fill, though, and if I could do it again I might go with the large size. (Posted on 4/15/11)
- 100% waterproof & tough as nails.Review by Douglas Hyde
I've had both the small and medium bags for years. On longer tours, I strap the bag on the seat behind me. They've seen TONS of "liquid sunshine" as I'm a foul-weather magnet apparently. Nary a drop of water has infiltrated. I've also used my bags when traveling off the bike (bellboys won't expect a big tip when you show up at the hotel with these things) and camping. They're good as new despite a lot of abuse. Simple and effective!
www.TiltedHorizons.com (Posted on 3/24/11)
- Bags that satisfied me 100%Review by Bart
- I saw one of these bags at a BMW rally in back in the early 90's. I had seen them in the Catalog when I bought my first Aerostich Suit so when I had a BMW without saddlebags I purchased two of the large bags. One gets the tent under- tarp, poles and stakes with the tent and rain-cover stuffed on top and any dirty clothes after the first night of camping. The other bag has clothes, with each change of clothes rolled-up with rubber bands holding them together. Two rubber bands denotes a shirt and t-shirt inside, one rubber band denotes just a long sleeved t-shirt. If you use the light-weight fabric pants and shirts in the Catalog you end up with four inch thick roll for each change of clothes and four rolls will make one layer in the bottom of the bag. On top I stuff the sleeping bag and pillow and sneakers (which are in a sealed plastic bag when dry.) Those two bags and a small bag under a heavy-duty bungee net to hold rain gear, electric clothing or beer in is all I used or needed for 11 years I owned that old K-Bike. I sold the K-Bike but kept the bags and use them now on my BMW that has OEM saddlebags. (Posted on 5/14/10)
- ExcellenT Bags I've used the same 2 for 15 yrsReview by Tom
- I've used the same 2 Ortleib Large Bags for 15 years, my clothes and everything else I put in the bags stayed dry through the most horrific rain and wind storms. I would not hesitate to buy another bag if these ever wear out. (Posted on 4/28/10)
- excellentReview by Rick J
- Love my Ortlieb bag and backpack. Been everywhere with them- even used as luggage when flying. Going to purchase some saddle bags next. (Posted on 1/7/10)
- Get different colorsReview by Timothy
- First I bought one SM/BLK, it was so good I bought a MED/BLK, then I figured I would buy the LG/BLK so that I would have a complete set. It seemed to be a good idea at the time but when I got to planning a long trip and ordering another LG bag I realized that had I bought them in different colors instead of going the stealth route it would be a lot easier to identify one from other, both strapped down and deformed on the bike as well as when living out of them off the bike. So the second large one I bought was YEL. If they ever do wear out I will buy replacements in different colors. I may end up looking like the Partridge Family's motorbike but at least I will know wich bag to go to when I need something instead of playing the stupid "shell-game". Great product, keeps all my stuff dry even through some serious rain. (Posted on 12/29/09)