Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (43)
- Tough, long lasting and adaptableReview by DaFoole
- Not sure when I bought these but it was quite a while ago. They have lived on a 92 and 06 KLR, R100GS, 02 BMW GSA, V-Strom, 90 R100 Paris/Dakar, 07 BMW GSA, a DRZ 400 with an IMS tank, 06 Triumph Tiger and currently a Super Tenere'. They have also seen use on the Ural. They were adaptable to all these bikes with a bit of fiddling. All bikes had a tank bag of one type or another. The panniers have been in all weather and have close to 300,000 miles on them, almost all of these miles overloaded and sometimes stuffed to the gills. (Hey, I ALWAYS carry too much stuff...) I use them for necessities (tire irons, tire repair kit, 1st aid stuff, toiletries, gloves, rain gear) to prevent forgetting these items when taking a different bike. Easier to slap on the panniers. Over the years they've developed a nice patina (gray with ancient and new bug splats) but all the seams are solid, zippers work fine, the shock cord and plastic hooks supplied are still going strong after being stretched unmercifully 1000's of times. They are NOT waterproof so use ziplock bags accordingly. A bit bulky and uncool if you're a Starbucks kinda rider, but still cool in a dorky kinda way... Some riders will see them as adding a bit of gravitas to your ride, others realize you just can't pack light... As others have noted, they provide a fair amount of wind protection to your knees in colder weather...or make them hotter when it's 100+ degrees out. Priced higher than the competition but made waaaay better than the competition. (Posted on 11/25/16)
- QualityReview by 96 DR Suzuki SE
- Over the past month I have purchased two sets of these Tank Panniers. I have an old 96 DR 350 that the regular size work great as throw over saddle bags and the Competition work great as tank bags on the oversize fuel tank. Perfect Dual Sport bags, I have put so far over one thousand miles (mostly highway) with the bags in place no issues at all. Well worth the price compared to other bags on the market and you can't beat the quality. (Posted on 7/28/16)
- Finally some tank bags that work on my KLR IMS tankReview by Joseph
Great set of bags for my 2001 KLR with oversized IMS tank. Fit perfectly, with out blocking my legs, but do work well for blocking a little wind. Love the Hi-Viz color.
(Posted on 1/4/16)
- Competition Tank PanniersReview by Tom
I have had the black (yellow wasn't available then) Competition Tank Panniers for a very long time! They fit my KLR perfectly, and add some wind protection. They aren't waterproof, so I either use Zip-Loc bags, or only store stuff in them that can stand getting damp.
Overall, I LOVE them! I just wish they were hi-viz!!! (Posted on 9/29/14)
- Tank PanniersReview by Colin
- I bought these Panniers for my 2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo. They fit well,the straps closer to the rider did not want to go perpendicular with the gas tank. let the straps go the way they wants to on an angle up and over the gas cover. The configuration of the tank dictates this. After securing the lower straps they hold there position well. (Posted on 6/27/14)
- Tank PanniersReview by Hal
- I have had the tank panniers on two bikes. I like that they carry weight low and forward, and that they shield my shins from the wind and rain. (Posted on 2/15/14)
- Extremely Functional Tank PanniersReview by Zorro
- Bought the full size black set of panniers several years ago, when they were on sale, plus a discount on shipping cost. A truly wise investment. They are now standard, necessary riding equipment on the BMW R65. They are easy to load with the plastic inserts holding their shape. Now I put the heavier camping gear and air pump, tools, and parts into black plastic bags, just for extra rain protection. Keeps a heavy load low and forward, which has improved bike handling. The wind protection in colder weather improves leg warmth and drier legs while driving in rain. The bags are easy to put on and remove. The Velcro straps that span the tank clear the gas cap. My tank bag sits very nicely above, with its' own pockets, so I don't have to ride with anything in the pockets of my riding clothes. (Posted on 2/14/14)
- Areostitch Tank PanniersReview by Duane
- These panniers (in my opinion) are very nice. I use them on a DR650 w/aftermarket large tank. These bags have a wide range of adjustability. Took me a bit to get the fit I desired and while on a 10 Colorado (mostly off road) excursion, no real rain, but river crossings were involved, these worked great. Didn't move a bit (crashed once too, during a river crossing). I have long legs and while seated for a period of time, I slid back in on the seat, but small compromise for all the plusses the added for me. Wind protection, and I rode in some sort of cold (35ish later in the days). Though not water proof, I plastic bag my contents anyway, they held enough to help out a lot. very good product. (Posted on 1/19/14)
- Aerostich Tank PanniersReview by Tim
- Ordered the Tank Panniers to install on my R1200GSLC. They fit very well with some adjusting. The bags do not move at all and offer more wind protection. A great addition for more storage space. Very happy with the product. (Posted on 10/9/13)
- Non standard applicationReview by Austin
- I used these panniers and attached them to the front side of the bag guards on my BMW R1200RT. They were the exact size to fit inside the opening. Mounting took a bit of 'engineering' but they mount securely and provide additional storage for water bottles, covers, first aid kits, etc. They functional well, don't get in the road of the driver and keep additional weight low on the bike (Posted on 9/3/13)