Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (42)
- QualityReview by 96 DR Suzuki SE
- Over the past month I have purchased two sets of these Tank Panniers. I have an old 96 DR 350 that the regular size work great as throw over saddle bags and the Competition work great as tank bags on the oversize fuel tank. Perfect Dual Sport bags, I have put so far over one thousand miles (mostly highway) with the bags in place no issues at all. Well worth the price compared to other bags on the market and you can't beat the quality. (Posted on 7/28/16)
- Finally some tank bags that work on my KLR IMS tankReview by Joseph
Great set of bags for my 2001 KLR with oversized IMS tank. Fit perfectly, with out blocking my legs, but do work well for blocking a little wind. Love the Hi-Viz color.
(Posted on 1/4/16)
- Competition Tank PanniersReview by Tom
I have had the black (yellow wasn't available then) Competition Tank Panniers for a very long time! They fit my KLR perfectly, and add some wind protection. They aren't waterproof, so I either use Zip-Loc bags, or only store stuff in them that can stand getting damp.
Overall, I LOVE them! I just wish they were hi-viz!!! (Posted on 9/29/14)
- Tank PanniersReview by Colin
- I bought these Panniers for my 2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo. They fit well,the straps closer to the rider did not want to go perpendicular with the gas tank. let the straps go the way they wants to on an angle up and over the gas cover. The configuration of the tank dictates this. After securing the lower straps they hold there position well. (Posted on 6/27/14)
- Tank PanniersReview by Hal
- I have had the tank panniers on two bikes. I like that they carry weight low and forward, and that they shield my shins from the wind and rain. (Posted on 2/15/14)
- Extremely Functional Tank PanniersReview by Zorro
- Bought the full size black set of panniers several years ago, when they were on sale, plus a discount on shipping cost. A truly wise investment. They are now standard, necessary riding equipment on the BMW R65. They are easy to load with the plastic inserts holding their shape. Now I put the heavier camping gear and air pump, tools, and parts into black plastic bags, just for extra rain protection. Keeps a heavy load low and forward, which has improved bike handling. The wind protection in colder weather improves leg warmth and drier legs while driving in rain. The bags are easy to put on and remove. The Velcro straps that span the tank clear the gas cap. My tank bag sits very nicely above, with its' own pockets, so I don't have to ride with anything in the pockets of my riding clothes. (Posted on 2/14/14)
- Areostitch Tank PanniersReview by Duane
- These panniers (in my opinion) are very nice. I use them on a DR650 w/aftermarket large tank. These bags have a wide range of adjustability. Took me a bit to get the fit I desired and while on a 10 Colorado (mostly off road) excursion, no real rain, but river crossings were involved, these worked great. Didn't move a bit (crashed once too, during a river crossing). I have long legs and while seated for a period of time, I slid back in on the seat, but small compromise for all the plusses the added for me. Wind protection, and I rode in some sort of cold (35ish later in the days). Though not water proof, I plastic bag my contents anyway, they held enough to help out a lot. very good product. (Posted on 1/19/14)
- Aerostich Tank PanniersReview by Tim
- Ordered the Tank Panniers to install on my R1200GSLC. They fit very well with some adjusting. The bags do not move at all and offer more wind protection. A great addition for more storage space. Very happy with the product. (Posted on 10/9/13)
- Non standard applicationReview by Austin
- I used these panniers and attached them to the front side of the bag guards on my BMW R1200RT. They were the exact size to fit inside the opening. Mounting took a bit of 'engineering' but they mount securely and provide additional storage for water bottles, covers, first aid kits, etc. They functional well, don't get in the road of the driver and keep additional weight low on the bike (Posted on 9/3/13)
- Skookum bagsReview by Brian
In the Chinook trading language here in the Pacific Northwest, skookum means strong and good.
That fits the Aerostitch tank panniers. Their simplicity makes them very practical in use and appearance. What a breath of fresh air to have a product that is totally utilitarian without the clutter of goofy graphics and busy, unnecessary pockets, straps, etc.
What you get with the standard panniers are huge cargo areas each side that keep touring weight low and forward. Water, fuel, tools, parts, camp stove, etc. Not only does it keep touring handling to a naked bike feel, but it takes lots of weight stress off the rear sub-frame of my venerable BMW R60/6. In position, these bags hold firmly, resting against the tank sides on large sheets of dense, black foam rubber and secured at the bottom by adjustable, fabric bungi cords.
I had some question as to whether the panniers would hang down to the airhead cylinders and whether they would give enough room for my knees, for a six-footer. The over-the-tank two straps are extra long, but in my case I had to take up most of the slack via the Velcro adjustments and the panniers are well above the cylinders and forward of my knees. I could cut off the excess strap ends, and they are cross-sewed every inch for that purpose, but I wish to retain future options for use on other machines, or for the use by friends.
The construction and material quality is outstanding. These panniers are evidence of what a small, dedicated group of people can accomplish when allowed to do what is right. These are well engineered and thought out.
You could find cheaper tank panniers, but for the cost of lunch you can have what to me seems to be the best. These bags are the black standard size, better than the "competition" size for touring. If you were "uncool before uncool was cool" then these bags are you. They give my R60/6 a nerdly, mule look. El Rodento is now ready for the deserts of Southeast Oregon, if only the man will give me some time off!
(Posted on 8/19/13)