Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (31)
- longer saddle strapsReview by zoomzu
- I have had these bags for about 3 weeks. I like how they are built. The saddle velcro straps are a bit short for my 08 KLR650. I have a bit of a time to secure them to my side racks. (Posted on 2/6/12)
- Canada-proof!Review by Lyle
Spent a week riding through the Canadian Rockies, and it rained every single day. These bags nevertheless kept everything within them dry and clean. Plenty of room for one person's stuff, and they fit my ancient KZ750 like they were made for it.
Wonderful bags! (Posted on 7/25/11)
- good, butReview by arturony
- I have one of the single Ortlieb bags. Love it. Bungees onto the back of my BMW and has been totally water proof. On the other hand I've just returned from a trip where I was reminded once again that wheels on bags make life soooo much easier gettomg tp and from the room. There has to be a way. (Posted on 5/24/11)
- Tough WaterproofReview by Arlen
- These are tough waterproof-dust proof bags. I've had a set for over 10 years mostly on a KLR. They have been to Tierra del Fuego four times!! After a skid awhile ago I did wear a hole in them but just put some duct tape on the inside and they are good as new!! I highly recommend them. Your stuff will stay dry. I use these bags and a top Ortlieb bag and travel for month long trips, They hold all clothes and tools etc. (Posted on 3/4/11)
- They fit a BMW K1200sReview by Chris
- I've had alot of different bags over the years and alot of rain covers that flap in the breeze. I should have bought these a long time ago. These bags are very simple and rugged. The best part of these is no more rain covers. I ride a BMW K1200S. And I can vouch that they will hold up at 170 mph. They never moved. On the same trip I was caught in a down pour for 4 hours and not a drop of water got in. Again a super buy. (Posted on 6/21/10)
- AWESOME BAGSReview by jordi
- Flat out these things kick butt and are tough as hog snoot...however I do not really know how tough hog snoot is but I'll bet not as tough as these bags. Once you figure out how to attach them and work the straps they are wonderful. I do not really like the brand of clip they use as they are different from all other brands on the market so i ended up cutting them off and re-sewing a different brand on that LL BEAN handles so as to be able to have fitting male and female. If you buy these you will see what I mean. I do OFF ROAD adventure riding and am street legal but i barely do any pavement. and i need these tight and not to move. AEROSTITCH sells no compatable matching clips which I think does totally stink!!!!!! (Posted on 5/6/10)
- Excellent quality best value...Review by Studioandolina
- I love my new bags! These are very high quality and easy to work with after a bit of practice. I have an older XJ750 and really do not need a bag on everyday, so the easy on and off works great for me. Camping in the Pacific Northwest can be WET but with these bags I have NO WORRIES, everything inside is DRY..... (Posted on 11/5/09)
- These bags work!Review by Steve
- I have a set of these bags on my KLR650. They have been all over northern BC and the backroads of the Yukon..through some of the worst wet and cold weather imaginable. They have NEVER failed to keep my gear 100% dry. Very tough and durable. I sometimes wish they were slightly bigger, or had a larger closure flap for hard to stuff items, but still very good as is. Overall rating A++++++ (Posted on 10/30/09)
- Ugly, but they workReview by Alex
Good- These things are simply waterproof. The interior is a nice, cubic shape so lots of things fit easily. They're rugged and put up with abuse (I've scraped them on walls). They've got enough give to be able to squeeze in places you couldn't get a bike with hard bags into
Not so good- It took me several tries to get them to fit my SV 650 without moving around or cramping the passenger. They're really unattractive. Now I ride a V-strom so it doesn't matter.
Mine are around 8 years old and look 80. Still work fine.
(Posted on 10/8/09)
- When it Must Stay DryReview by Keith
- These bags are very well made and keep your kit totally dry. However, they look a bit "pragmatic" (the soft luggage version of aluminum panniers) and will leak if they are over-packed. An excellent choice for adventure riders who don't want their leg trapped under hard saddlebags when riding agressively. (Posted on 9/24/09)