Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (105)
- High quality productReview by Leagle
Although I don't understand the three-digit thing - simplicity, I guess, everything else about these rain covers is top drawer.
This is my second pair, the first were too small when I followed the sizing suggestions, though to be fair, I had the same problem with my deerskin gloves, which I also love. I used them anyway, because I couldn't return them in time for my Alaska trip, though I'm sure Aerostich would have taken care of me. Then I gave them to another rider when I bought some larger ones, and he is impressed with them, too.
Not cheap, but with good reason. Aerostich should make boot covers like this and I would buy them in a heartbeat: "Single-Digits!" (Posted on 7/10/12)
- 2nd setReview by Kim
I had to order another set because the bag on my ST opened up and the old set blew away. :*( Anyway, they're good. Kinda slick but they work like nothing else will when you need to keep your gloves dry in a downpour. Try'm. You'll like'm.
(Posted on 6/26/12)
- Seem goodReview by ScottyD
Gloves arrived just after I left for a three day ride in the mountains whereupon it poured the whole trip. Bugga!
Still haven't used them in the rain, but they appear to be well made and functional enough. Should work fine if its anything like the other stuff I've bought from Aerostitch.
Good service too (as usual). (Posted on 6/26/12)
- Disappointing and WetReview by L84toff
After buying these last year, I have finally had a chance to test them out this past weekend. I wore them during a heavy downpour for my 30 min ride home, about 7 min surface streets and the rest highway. At a stop I noticed water pooling at the top of the covers on my forearms. When I got home, the top of my summer gloves were quite wet and both the sleeves of my shirt under the jacket were also wet.
I am quite disappointed as I had them synched up as tight as I could on my arms. I'm not sure I could have worn them differently as an over glove anyway. In theory these should work better worn over top of the glove but with the jacket sleeve over top. I'll see if I can even wear them this way and what that does next time it rains that hard.
But with my limited experience so far, I can not recommend these. I think the extra $ would be better going towards a better glove. (Posted on 6/4/12)
- WorthlessReview by Poppycock
- Have had thede in standby mode for about a month now. Used them yesterday in torrential rains and severe thunderstorms. Could see a dark wall of clouds and lightening approaching, so I pulled over before the rain began and put these on over my riding gloves and cinched the gauntley tight. Only rode in heavy rain maybe 15 minutes until able to pull off the road and find shelter. In that short time my riding gloves were completely soaked through and my hands turning black from the riding glove dye. These gloves are worthless at any price but highway robbery for the price charged and what you get. I've always been a loyal fan of Aerostich products, but these liners don't come even remotely close to the quality I've come to experience and expect from them. I might as well have been riding with bare hands. (Posted on 5/28/12)
- Close Enough to PerfectReview by Wolf
- On my second pair now. The first pair, the hook and loop strap pulled out of the sewing. It appeared someone forgot to heat cut the nylon and it simply frayed over time. Thankfully, with one month left on the warranty, there were no issues and a new pair showed up in the mail a few weeks later. Still think those little rubber dots would make these perfect but I can't complain. I got caught in a 8hr rainstorm bringing my new bike home to Halifax from Ottawa. Proud to report dry hands and gloves. (Posted on 5/23/12)
- It's been said before - need larger size - just do it!Review by Angler
- I bought these because I was tired of wet (and hence cold) hands while riding in cold rain. I cannot comment, yet, on waterprooffness in heavy rains, but the gloves are a literal pain. The gloves are too short. My fingers push against the ends of the gloves when I try to wrap my hand around the grips. The wrist strap is too short and pulls out when putting the over-gloves on. The idea is good, the execution is not. Make a larger size. I wonder why Aerostitch have not yet done so. (I'll keep using them for now, but I am not pleased with the strap and especially the sizing) (Posted on 5/16/12)
- Wet Hands After 3 hrsReview by Ted
- Seemed to work fine in light rain - short duration. However, after about 3 hrs of heavy rain, hands and under gloves were soaked. Going to go through the recommended procedure to find leaks by turning indie out and filling with water, but not real impressed at this point... (Posted on 5/1/12)
- Almost perfectReview by Lobo
These are great for wind and rain protection, I use them every chilly morning and couldn't be happier that the wind isn't robbing all the heat from my hands and of course when it rains. So far I've stayed completely dry on my 25 mile commute and that is in pouring rain.
My only complaint is that the velcro tightening strap isn't longer. It's very hard to get them over my gloves while keeping the wrist strap in the buckle and once it's out it's almost impossible to put them back in to tighten them while wearing them. An elastic drawstring, like the one at the cuff, with a pull tab would work better, maybe placed under the wrist to help keep the water out.
All that said, I'm planning on buying an insulated pair for Fall and Winter and adding a strap extension to both pairs. (Posted on 4/26/12)
- Gerat Protection but need to offer XXL Review by Cliff
I have large hands and find the largest size offered XL way too tight
I loose some control because they are too confining.
I like the bright orange colour and the way they go over your riding gloves.
I would like to return them (uesd once) hopefully they will offer an XXL.
(Posted on 4/15/12)