Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (104)
- Works well... MostlyReview by dm_gsxr
Pros: These things do a reasonable job in protecting my gloves from most rain storms. I did get the right size and they fit over both summer (somewhat loosely) and just about right over my winter Gerbing gloves. The thumb squeegee has been very very helpful.
The strap is too short. As a fix, I used a pair of computer cable ties and ran them through the end for a stiff loop that's larger than the opening so they don't slip out.
They don't work all that well in a downpour. In a steady rain when I was going through Wyoming and the Dakotas, I was fine. Towards the end of the trip when I was coming north through Oklahoma from Arkansas, it was a drenching rain and the water must have run down my sleeve and into the glove. Really though there's not much you can do about that other than wrap some tape around it.
In general I'd give it a 9/10. There were problems but they weren't insurmountable. (Posted on 2/3/10)
- Great Hand ProtectionReview by Rawhide
- I saw how well these worked when I went to Alaska with a friend of mine who wore a pair of these while all I had plastic bags over my gloves. As soon as I returned I ordered my own pair and tried them out on a trip to Mexico last week. They worked terrific over my leather gloves and did not interfere with the controls whatsoever. The feel on the handle bars is great and cinch straps and elastic cords are very functional. I have heated grips and the heat transferred through the liners very effectively. They are great as windstopper too! Highly recommended for touring in all kinds of weather. (Posted on 10/31/09)
- SlickReview by Scott
- I like the gloves, used them all the time on the other bike. I cut the straps off (too short). But still used them all the time with other gloves underneath. New bike has smoother hand grips, because of this, the grips don't work as well. It is too hard to maintain a constant grip. Throttle keeps on slipping back. I would suggest putting an elastic grip on the outside? (Posted on 10/29/09)
- SIZEReview by DAVE
- Add more information about fitting the gloves. I ordered medium because that is what I normally wear. They fit over summer gloves but not the winter gloves. Instructions that came with the gloves include a comment about finding the right size. This should be included in your description. (Posted on 10/10/09)
- recommendReview by timinmaine
- I do not get all this stuff about how hard they are. Sure, the second is harder to get on than the first, but the only solution to that is a third arm(!) Maybe those who say they are too slippery would like to try stickier grips. They grip my gels just fine. Not as good as elkskin, but a reasonable person would not expect that. There is nothing wrong with this product. (Posted on 10/9/09)
- Excellent!!!!!Review by Wolfgang
- I've had these now for a few months and they really paid off a few weeks ago as I was coming back from the Ride 4 the Cure in Sydney, NS. Got caught in a good 2 hour rain storm (at times heavy). The gloves worked better than described. My hands were dry and more importantly, the covers went on easy and synched up with one hand. The only suggestion I would give would be to put those little sticky rubber dots on the inside of the palm so that you don't have to squeeze your grips so hard. I also have throttlemeisters and they were particularily difficult to engage with the rain covers on. Thanks again for a great product. (Posted on 10/2/09)
- Essential KitReview by Keith
- These liners stay with me year-round. They keep my hands dry and also enhance warmth on unexpectedly cold rides. Don't leave home without a pair... (Posted on 9/24/09)
- Last year we revised the ...Review by customerservice
- Last year we revised the strap set-up on these rain covers. The wrist strap was lengthened, and the end of the strap is now sewn over in a way that helps prevent it from passing through the tightening loop. (Posted on 6/2/09)
- I've used these for a few...Review by Daniel Glennie
- I've used these for a few years and they've always kept my hands and gloves dry. They pack very small, so it's easy to keep them on your bike and have dry gloves after an unexpected rain shower. I totally agree with the comments about the retention strap being too short, Aerostitch should fix that immediately. Other than that major flaw (Posted on 6/2/09)
- I have found these hard t...Review by John Fisher
- I have found these hard to work with when wearing gloves. The velco strap is not long enough and pops out of its connection. I use them without gloves, but that is not good in the colder months and also of course in a dismount. If they velco straps were about 2 or 3 inches longer it wouldn't be a problem. I called aerostitch and they cannot correct it. Hopefully, down the road they will just add the extend the straps. (Posted on 6/2/09)