Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (97)
- Almost perfectReview by Lobo
These are great for wind and rain protection, I use them every chilly morning and couldn't be happier that the wind isn't robbing all the heat from my hands and of course when it rains. So far I've stayed completely dry on my 25 mile commute and that is in pouring rain.
My only complaint is that the velcro tightening strap isn't longer. It's very hard to get them over my gloves while keeping the wrist strap in the buckle and once it's out it's almost impossible to put them back in to tighten them while wearing them. An elastic drawstring, like the one at the cuff, with a pull tab would work better, maybe placed under the wrist to help keep the water out.
All that said, I'm planning on buying an insulated pair for Fall and Winter and adding a strap extension to both pairs. (Posted on 4/26/12)
- Gerat Protection but need to offer XXL Review by Cliff
I have large hands and find the largest size offered XL way too tight
I loose some control because they are too confining.
I like the bright orange colour and the way they go over your riding gloves.
I would like to return them (uesd once) hopefully they will offer an XXL.
(Posted on 4/15/12)
- Aerostich Triple Digit Covers #442 Review by Risky
These gloves work GREAT! kept me dry and warm all through our Ontario winter.
If you have a problem with this product just send it back, they will make it right .
I have rode through rain from Windsor Ontario all the way to Louisville KY truck show and I was dry!
(Posted on 4/15/12)
- Exactly what you were looking for!Review by Murph
I've asked around for "waterproof gloves" for ages, and always got a blank stare at motorcycle shops - or they tried to sell me expensive gloves with attached rain covers that needed to be unzipped from a pocket, or non-motorcycle waterproof gloves without padding and protection. I knew exactly what I wanted - a waterproof shell to go over my quality leather riding gloves that keep my hand warm and protected.
Along comes Aerostitch, and voilà... it's exactly what you were looking for, and it does the job.
I agree with the criticisms:
1. They are sized too small. This is the biggest drawback. The manufacturer seems to forget that these go over gloves, not over bare hands. I can't get mine over my Gerbing heated gloves, which are NOT waterproof.
2. The straps on the back are clumsy to tie and keep in their loops, and really unnecessary in my opinion. I cut mine off with a scissors after being distracted by them dangling in the wind.
3. I think they're a bit pricey, but considering the absence of competition and that they were smart enough to fill this obvious and long-anticipated need, they deserve what they ask for 'em!
I recommend getting two pairs. Everyone will want to borrow them and I've lost one pair that way already ;-) (Posted on 4/13/12)
- Triple Digits Are GoodReview by Max
The size large I bought fit over my large (10) Gerbings gloves!
Yes the velcro strap is too short. Fix it AeroStich and these rain gloves are perfect.
(I will add extended length to mine)
These lobster claws over my heated gloves for 350 miles of 32-40 degrees of rain and wet snow was/is the ticket. Love the PNW ;-).
Toasty hands, no leakage.
Other than the addressable short strap I would recommend these gloves to anyone who rides in inclement cold weather.
Four out of five stars due to the short strap. (Posted on 4/13/12)
- Needs ImprovementReview by BF
- I agree with Matt Perelli 100%. Although I bought the largest size available, these mittens are a royal pain to put on over my gloves....even a glove a svelte (pardon my french) Held Airstream. The idea is good, but the sizing is off. Perhaps related to "too tight fit" is the uncomfortably warmth feeling my hands had in a 76F degree rain storm today. Had to get them off because my hands got too warm. (Posted on 4/4/12)
- Good ProductReview by GeezerStank
- Like the others say, velcro wrist strap too short, they run kind of small in size, but they work good for keeping your hands dry, and the materials/construction is good quality. (Posted on 4/3/12)
- Finally a good rain-glove productReview by Kirb
Compact, lightweight covers that just work.
The wrist strap is too short and pulls out when you put your gloves in. Solution? Put a key ring...uh...ring through the end loop to prevent them from pulling out. Also makes a great glove-friendly pull. (Posted on 3/13/12)
- XXX Rain Covers - Worth the InvestmentReview by Lube
These babies will keep you dry, but two small issues:
1) The strap over the back of the hand is shorter than the glove material, meaning it's very easy to have the strap escape its capture loop when shoving a big glove in, then impossible to re-capture once lobster claws are on both hands. No worries - I just velcro-ed the strap to itself outside the loop, defeating its purpose and glove worked fine - i.e. this strap isn't really needed. The elastic draw cord at the wrist does the sealing.
2) The glove to grip ( and maybe glove to glove) friction is limited. I haven't tried the suggestion of applying some glue to the surfaces to act as traction pads, but I will be doing trying it soon. (Posted on 3/12/12)
- Good StuffReview by Snake
- This is the second pair I've bought and repeats are a great way to show good quality. My first pair, in Orange, were purchased back in '07 and still going strong. Now my son needed a pair but not in Orange so got Black. They're great for both wet weather and cold weather. Keep up the good work. (Posted on 12/30/11)