Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
- Aerostich Customer Service Review by customerservice
- The customer was contacted to return the gloves in exchange for another pair. (Posted on 5/23/13)
- Elkskin Gauntlet Review by Rob
These gloves fit well, but mine showed really extraordinary wear after less than a year of use - about 5,000 miles. (I have been riding for nearly 30 years and have had many pair of gloves.) These gloves have never touched the ground and have only had normal wear.
Yesterday, (March 17, 2013) I spoke to the Aerostitch rep in San Francisco at the pop-up store and showed him the gloves. He seemed to agree that the wear was out of the ordinary and pointed out that the elkskin in my gloves may have been a little more than they typically see, and speculated that the elkskin in my gloves 'might have come from an area of the hide that had slightly softer leather (Collegens?, fibers ?...or whatever...but was essentially within the normal spec otherwise)'. He suggested that the skin is sometimes very slightly different when it comes from different parts of the animal and thus may wear slightly unevenly, but he did not offer me another pair of gloves or any type of discount on another. So, though I have a Roadcrafter suit and a pair of the insulated elkskin gloves that don't appear to have the same problem (though they are newer so who knows) , I certainly wouldn't order another pair of elkskin gloves nor recommend them. (Posted on 3/19/13)
- Lovin da Elkskin Gauntlet Gloves Review by jpaw
Been riding with my elkskin gauntlet gloves for a couple of weeks now. I was quite surprised that they fit perfectly when I first put them on, and am also surprised that they kept my hands warm in moderately cold weather. I do have some bulky gloves for extremely cold weather but will probably buy the insulated gauntlet pair also.
Last weekend had a motorcycle accident that I am only now recovering from. Tore my leather pants, but I must say the gloves held up. Without that impact padding over the knuckles, which was marked up, it is fair to say I would have some hurt knuckles. So yes I am in love with my elkskin gauntlet gloves. (Posted on 3/1/13)
- great glove Review by molly
- i've worn the elkskin ropers forever and bought these for the gauntlet. the black leather was not as soft right out of the box, but after i oiled them they were close enough. i love the gauntlet, especially on cold days. i had to take out the elastic. but most probably won't ( i mean, i wear my undershirts inside out because the seams bug me) . (Posted on 1/26/13)
- Aerostich Customer Service Review by customerservice
- Sorry to hear your gloves are having issues. One option is to send them back to us for a replacement pair. Another option that may fix the twisting is to turn the fingers on the glove inside out and trim excess leather close to the seams, which may allow the seams to relax enough to alleviate the twisting. –Customer Service. (Posted on 12/4/12)
- 50% great Review by D
- I've had these for just over a week and have to say first off that so many of the great qualities mentioned by everyone else are true: soft/strong/comfortable/easy to use/etc. But there's one issue that makes me think I may have to buy a different pair of gloves elsewhere: the right-hand glove fingers are twisting. Left hand fits fine, but the ring and pinky finger of the right hand glove have spun about 90 degrees clockwise so that even with the glove off and laying on the table, these two fingers lay on their side. This means that I'm grabbing the throttle straight down on a seam. It's as if the stitching is too tight between the middle/ring finger causing the rest of the finger to twist. Not sure if I just got a bad glove since the left hand is fine or if others have had similar issues... (Posted on 12/3/12)
- Best Gloves I've Ever Owned Review by Greg Ess
Ok... I've owned a few pairs of gloves.
I'm not a racer boy and will never be, but I expect my gloves to be functional, protective, comfortable, and long-lived. I like deerskin and elk because they allow reasonable dexterity and deal well with getting wet, which happens fairly frequently when one uses a bike for practical transport.
I've owned gloves from Thurlow, Zee Leathers, Bates and lots of lesser brands. Most of my deerskin gloves from other sources were either lacking in protective features, poorly sewn, or ready for the bin in about a year and a half of daily use.
The latest pair of the Aerostich elkskin gauntlets I recently purchased are the third pair I've owned. Each pair I've purchased has been better than the last.
These were perfect right out of the box. Hides were not too thick -- soft, and ready to go without break-in. I've never had a seam fail on one of these, and each has lasted at least 5 full years of daily use. Retention systems work with a variety of different jackets/suits, the extra protection on the knuckles and heel of the hand is great without being overkill. The shield wiper is nothing short of brilliant. I do ATM ride throughs and gas purchases without even taking my gloves off -- dexterity is great.
I have a full fairinged bike with grip heaters and I wear them year round. They are not too warm in stinking maryland summers and are warm enough with the heaters cranked.
Comfortable, long-lived, safe and reasonably priced. My preference are the ones in natural finish.
For street or adventure touring use, you can't go wrong with these. These gloves did for gloves what the Roadcrafter did for riding suits. (Posted on 11/18/12)
- Elkskin Gauntlet Gloves Review by Keith, Houston, Tx
I look forward to pulling them on every time I ride. These are well-made accessories that you will feel lost without, once worn.
Houston, Tx (Posted on 10/16/12)
- Awesome Gloves Review by Rex
- I purchased these gloves a little less than a month ago and have put about 1300 miles on them since. They are the most comfortable gloves right from the package that I've ever bought and they just keep getting better. I've only been caught in the rain once with them and despite it just being a brief shower, they did not leak or bleed at all. For me, they are comfortable down to about 40 degrees but the warmest weather I've used them in so far was around 72 degrees and they were still quite comfortable. Because of the comments about the thumb being on the small size, I ordered mine to the next size up and I'm glad I did. By doing so I have no issues with the thumb and it gives me some room for some kind of fleece or under-glove for cold weather. other review comments about the front closure needing a stopper at the end of the strap are spot on as well and as soon as I can get myself to stop wearing them long enough, I plan to have that resolved. I have no doubt that these will be the last pair of gloves that I buy for a long time. Well worth the money. (Posted on 10/15/12)
- Better with every ride Review by David
- After my first ride in these, I almost returned them as they were very uncomfortable and stiff. As they've begun to break in over the last month of riding (lots of short commutes with a few longer hour or two rides) they're quickly becoming my favorite gloves ever. Pretty soon they're going to be come like a second skin I think, and are damn sure gonna last nearly forever. (Posted on 9/23/12)