Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (51)
- Elkskin Gauntlet GlovesReview by Keith, Houston, Tx
I look forward to pulling them on every time I ride. These are well-made accessories that you will feel lost without, once worn.
Houston, Tx (Posted on 10/16/12)
- Awesome GlovesReview by Rex
- I purchased these gloves a little less than a month ago and have put about 1300 miles on them since. They are the most comfortable gloves right from the package that I've ever bought and they just keep getting better. I've only been caught in the rain once with them and despite it just being a brief shower, they did not leak or bleed at all. For me, they are comfortable down to about 40 degrees but the warmest weather I've used them in so far was around 72 degrees and they were still quite comfortable. Because of the comments about the thumb being on the small size, I ordered mine to the next size up and I'm glad I did. By doing so I have no issues with the thumb and it gives me some room for some kind of fleece or under-glove for cold weather. other review comments about the front closure needing a stopper at the end of the strap are spot on as well and as soon as I can get myself to stop wearing them long enough, I plan to have that resolved. I have no doubt that these will be the last pair of gloves that I buy for a long time. Well worth the money. (Posted on 10/15/12)
- Better with every rideReview by David
- After my first ride in these, I almost returned them as they were very uncomfortable and stiff. As they've begun to break in over the last month of riding (lots of short commutes with a few longer hour or two rides) they're quickly becoming my favorite gloves ever. Pretty soon they're going to be come like a second skin I think, and are damn sure gonna last nearly forever. (Posted on 9/23/12)
- Nice gloves!Review by Rick
- These are my second pair of 'roper' gloves, but, my first in the 'gauntlet' style. The fit, and comfort level is top-notch. The knuckle padding is just right, but, I'd like to also see a model with the same padding over the outside of the fingers and thumbs.The Velcro wrist closure is nice, but it could use a sewn on tab, to prevent the strap from coming out from the metal buckle. Sometimes it is difficult to re-thread the strap once the gloves are on. The infamous thumb-wiper blade is always a great accessoriy, which doesn't impede hand grip usage. The insulated model will be on my 'wish-list'. (Posted on 9/22/12)
- Elkskin gauntlet glovesReview by al
Just like everything I have purchased from these folks these gloves are great. A little tight at first, and requiring some break-in time, but nicely made.
Made in the USA is not often seen on a "tag" anymore but it's here on these gloves.
I'd like to see the wrist strap have a keeper on it so that it doesn't pull thru, but other than that these gloves are a great value.
Off on an adventure ride thru Colorado, will know more after 10 days and 3,000 miles. (Posted on 7/24/12)
- Great GlovesReview by Matt In OZ
Great gloves , slightly too big , got 9's as I found the 8 1/2's a smidge tight .
The gloves feel lovely and soft, comfortable and warm even in Ozzy winter , wish I had bought them years ago
Recommended (Posted on 6/15/12)
- Me likeeReview by Jeffrey
- Bought the natural color, size 8.5. Fit is a little snug around the palm but finger length is perfect. Feel on grips is great. Only negative is trying to get them on over sweaty hands. Wash hands first, dry well, no problem. (Posted on 5/29/12)
- Great glovesReview by Dan
I just bought my fourth pair of these. I'm still wearing the first pair that I bought 5 years ago (they look like they'll be good for another 15 years) but I've found these to be a wonderful gift for other bikers. Most off-the-shelf gloves are pretty cheap.
I did notice that this last pair (the first black ones I've ordered) seemed a lot stiffer. (Posted on 5/29/12)
- Pretty GoodReview by Themike
- No complaints. These are pretty good quality and will undoubtedly last a long time. The only thing I don't like is the gold colored "d-ring, pivot point thingy" used for the wrist strap. This dislike is solely from an aesthetic point of view. (Posted on 5/21/12)
- B+Review by RoadScholar
Nice gloves in many ways. The stitching around the bottom seems a little puny, and the strap pulling through is a minor annoyance, as others have noted, and is easy to fix.
WHAT'S WITH THE THUMB LENGTH?
Are a lot of Orangutans taking up cycling these days? I've worn a lot of gloves. The sizing was perfect in all dimensions except there is easily 3/4" extra length in the thumbs. I tried them on a couple other guys with similar-sized hands. Same comment.
But they are nice gloves, and I'd recommend them to anyone. (Posted on 5/5/12)