Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (90)
- Nice GloveReview by Glenn
Buttery soft heavy duty glove. Unfortunately I had to return for half size smaller as I prefer a snugger fit for riding. Measure carefully as the sizes are dead on.
Still waiting on my exchange return or shipping confirmation email. (Posted on 12/9/15)
- Last and lastReview by Ernie
- I got my ropers 21 years ago and after tailoring- my hands are long,not wide- they were a perfect two season glove and traveled over 100,000 miles with me. Early this year one thumb wore through,so they are now my fingerless summer gloves. Next, gauntlets. (Posted on 12/5/15)
- Elkskin Roper vs Competition RoperReview by Pete
Finally I ordered the classic trooper m.c glove the Aerostich Elkskin Roper. I like them a lot!
Break-in is quick, molding to my hands, new colour is fading quickly allowing for the worn in look, sizing is accurate. Elkskin continues to amaze warm even when wet, use regularly to sweep off wet seat (don't need no stinkin' towel ~when I've got Elskin). Very similar to the Elkskin Competition (just shorter cuff) like them BOTH. A fine USA made product. Look like work gloves 'cause they do WORK!!!!
Pete (Posted on 9/23/14)
- Best glove everReview by John C
- I just recently bought my second pair of these. Got ten years of service out of the first pair. Would have gotten more but got careless and left out in the yard under some dirt for about a month a couple years back. They weren't quite the same after that ;). They were covered with mold and mildew but still were usable for another year or so after that unbelievable. (Posted on 7/30/14)
- Excellent gloves.Review by Patrick
- These gloves are so much better than the hardware store work gloves I have been wearing and the thicker leather gives me confidence that they will hold up better in a slide. The gloves felt broken-in after only a few rides. I would recommend these to a friend. (Posted on 7/19/14)
- ExcellentReview by RawFlyer
Love the gloves so far… just got my elkskin ropers a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with them. I'll report back in a year or two and let you know how well they've held up.
thanks again Aerostich!! (Posted on 5/29/14)
- Elkskin Ropers #42-440Review by David
- First impression of gloves upon receipt; high quality skins, stitching, no nonsense all business work gloves. Nothings suggests "motorcycle", that's what I expected. Fit is excellent, measured and ordered according to fit chart. First ride, a little stiff, not unexpected for new gloves, generally comfortable, windproof, gauntlet a little tight, but functional with my mesh jacket. Leather wants to "bunch" in palm of glove, may improve as gloves "break in". Too early to tell long term functionality and likeability. At this point, just OK. Will post "long term" review at some point. (Posted on 5/14/14)
- Initial impression - mixedReview by pJarhead
Nothing about these gloves, except perhaps the snap in the cuff and the thumb-wiper blade, give the impression of 'motorcycle gear.' No lining, no gel pads in the palm, just bare leather, with no pre-curve to the fingers. Looking at them, you could easily confuse with leather work gloves from the local hardware store. Now, not any hardware store, mind you - and definitely not a big-box store, the leather IS high-quality, good thickness with no imperfections, and solid stitching - so the old-style mom-and-pop hardware store that cared about quality over quantity.
Also note, sizes are perhaps a bit larger than expected. Most motorcycle gloves I've bought have had to be in the XL or XXL to get the fingers big enough. Not so with these - again reminding me of regular work gloves there’s lots of room. So much so that I'll use mine with thin ski-glove liners as a mid-temp glove, and weight-lifting gloves for palm comfort in hotter weather - there's that much room.
Will have to see how they hold up after a couple seasons and check back, and order a size smaller if these ever wear out. (Posted on 4/17/14)
- A great gloveReview by Mike
- I bought both these Elkskin Roper Gloves and the Deerskin gloves. Elkskin for Florida winters, and Deerskin for the rest of the year. Both of these are prime examples of the excellent workmanship in all Aerostich products. The gloves are soft and fit extremelly well. I have recommended them to many of my riding friends. (Posted on 3/31/14)
- Third Pair of Elkskin Roper GlovesReview by Theodore
- Although this is my third pair of your Elkskin Roper Goves, it's my first pair of your black dyed ones. I have over eight pairs of motorcycle gloves that I don't use anymore because these Elkskin Ropers are my favorites. They're well made and well thought out for motorcycle riders. I like the way the snap is positioned and the rubber squeegee. I didn't exactly wear out my first pair of Elkskin Ropers, but after three or four years of daily use, they were looking pretty "country" so I decided I'd like to have a new pair of my favorite gloves in the natural finish. Well, I started wearing black boots and helmet, so I figured I might as well get black gloves too. There was never any doubt that the choice would be the Aerostitch Black Elkskin Ropers. Now depending on which boots I wear, I have gloves to match. (Posted on 1/8/14)