Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (88)
- Good gloves but I think I have an idea to improve them.Review by Erik
These gloves are nice. They are well made and I think you get good value. The fit was a little larger than what I expected. I added a little to the size as I did not trust the measurement. Turns out their sizing was correct but they are just a little loose so I am keeping them.
The problem I have with the gloves in general is that they hang/sit flat. I think the gloves would be much better if they naturally had the fingers curled. The gloves resist closing around the bikes handles and it becomes annoying after an hour. I am sure that after wearing them in they will be a glove you never want to be without but I want them closer to that point to start with.
(Posted on 5/14/12)
- Awesome GlovesReview by Elliot
- Well, I just completed a 3012 mile ride with my wife. It was our Wedding Anniversary ride. we started in 57 degree weather in NJ, to 47 degrees at the Blue Ridge Mountains ( not sure if they will keep you warm below 47 degrees) and ended in 101 degree weather in Key West. Just made it in last night after a 12 hour ride and the gloves felt great in all weather conditions. We went through some light rain and the gloves kept my hands dry. I absolutely love them and will not were anything else. (Posted on 5/9/12)
- Elk hide ropersReview by JohnnyKid
- I'm on my seventh or eighth pair of elk hide ropers. I was a motorcycle officer for more than half my career and I always used these gloves. I bought my first pair in 1990 or 1991 and used them both at work and when riding to and from work for years. The clutch hand would wear out after two or three years of regular use. You can't beat that. I put some conditioner on them once in a while and wash them sometimes with a little dish soap and water.I even called to order a pair while crossing the country in 2007. I had them sent to a place I would reach in a few days and they were waiting for me when I arrived. Good customer service too. I guess they are just good old riding gloves. Nothing fancy.... Like me. (Posted on 4/28/12)
- Exactly what I wantedReview by Chris
- I had to return my gloves 2x before I got the right fit - customer service was great. I'm usually a large/xlarge in gloves, but these fit a little big. I ended up with 9-1/2s and they fit perfect. These gloves fit and feel terrific. I feel that they're worth the $50. The only bummer is I've already put a fairly big burn mark on one of my gloves by accidentally(carelessly) touching the pipe on the DR650. They saved my skin though! Great gloves, I love them and recommend them. (Posted on 4/12/12)
- Almost Perfect GlovesReview by Evel Bollwevil
- They aren't really broken in yet, but here's what I can tell you: the construction is nicely done - good stitching details, and the elk hide seems well up to the task of protecting against abrasion. The sizing chart is spot on - I normally wear XXL in most brands, but not these. The largest size would no doubt fit Richard Kiel very well. I would have rather had the competition roper, with its velcro strap and knuckle padding, but cannot do the bright gold/yellow color. It would clash with everything I own, including my bright green Kawasaki! One gripe: the snaps do not ensure a snug enough wrist fit to preclude the gloves being pulled off your hands. Even snapped, I can take them off. They might not be likely to come off in a bout of "creative riding" gone wrong, but chaos is by nature unpredictable. I'll probably get a second male snap and custom place it on the cuff. Anyway, I do like the fit and construction. A bit pricey, but less so than my LP Deerskin gloves, and the stitching details on those was not as good. (Posted on 4/6/12)
- They're All ThatReview by Turnawheel
- Exactly as described, accurately sized (measure twice, order once), wet break-in technique to stabilize the gloves works very well prior to custom-forming to my hands after only about 1000 miles--it takes longer than that to break in a new girlfriend. The snap tab on my pair was long enough to add an additional female snap so that they fit over anything and still close snugly over a bare wrist, although the additional male snaps idea would also work. I keep good stuff a long time: my Hein Gericke Dakar jacket is older than most riders I see and these gloves will age as gracefully as it has. With these, my Gerbings, and the full-fingered bicycle-type gloves for really (really) hot days I am comfortable and protected all four seasons anywhere I ride in eleven western states. (Posted on 2/7/12)
- RopersReview by Staush
- Just received the Roper gloves,fit great, look great, feel great. What more can I say? (Posted on 2/7/12)
- OK But...Review by Roadrunner44
- The gloves came as expected. They are larger that the same size deerskin gloves so the finger controls are harder. Not worth the time and effort to send back so I'll just wear them out but not order them again. Nice feel and warmer than the deerskin gloves. (Posted on 1/19/12)
- golden gloves not so goldenReview by southwest artist
- I bought these gloves with hopes of using them for the long riding season in the southwest. I have had ropers before and considered them good for this kind of duty and hoped these would outshine them all but I have been a bit disappointed. I have had many gloves that have clearly outperformed and are more comfortable for motorcycles in the past. These gloves are poor for colder riding (even with the liners and heated grips they are horrible past 40 deg). Each year I put about 12 k miles on my bike. I plan to use these gloves up until I need new ones in hopes that they will break in better with time. If not, I'll use them for my ATV. (Posted on 1/10/12)
- Fits Like a Glove! Review by Johnny Bklyn
Bought myself a Christmas Gift... Wore them on a ride on New Years Day... (50 degrees that day). Felt good right away. Would like to see a thinner pair in Elk for the summer riding.
Next is a black pair. Recommend highly. (Posted on 1/6/12)