Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (91)
- Great GlovesReview by RK Dan
- I've had quite a few pairs of gloves over my riding years and have to say that these are my favorite. I had to send the first pair back for a smaller size but now they fit, well, like a glove. Smooth, thick leather and very soft inside. Not as stretchy as deer skin and more water repellent. I got the black and soaked them for a day to remove some excess dye. No bleeding in the rain. Perfect primary riding glove. (Posted on 5/23/12)
- Great gloves...wish they carried more sizesReview by Ed
- I recently purchased a pair of the Elk skin Roper gloves. Unfortunately, I have long fingers and hand but not very fat. Based on circumference, I should take a 9-1/2 or 10, but to get the length I need, I get a 12. This ends up bunching up a bit. I would love to see the gloves available in the sizes, but also with long fingers (~3/8" longer than "standard").. I suspect there may also be a need for short fingers as well. The gloves are great and I'll keep them but I wish I could find some other options. Again they vary great gloves, but I have a weird hand. (Posted on 5/21/12)
- Elk skin ropersReview by Tom
- Beautiful leather quality and comfortable. My only disappointment was the sizing being a mite larger than the equivalent elk skin gauntlet - so the resulting fit is 'good but not great.' Perhaps the lack of a knuckle pad made the difference. (Posted on 5/15/12)
- Good gloves but I think I have an idea to improve them.Review by Erik
These gloves are nice. They are well made and I think you get good value. The fit was a little larger than what I expected. I added a little to the size as I did not trust the measurement. Turns out their sizing was correct but they are just a little loose so I am keeping them.
The problem I have with the gloves in general is that they hang/sit flat. I think the gloves would be much better if they naturally had the fingers curled. The gloves resist closing around the bikes handles and it becomes annoying after an hour. I am sure that after wearing them in they will be a glove you never want to be without but I want them closer to that point to start with.
(Posted on 5/14/12)
- Awesome GlovesReview by Elliot
- Well, I just completed a 3012 mile ride with my wife. It was our Wedding Anniversary ride. we started in 57 degree weather in NJ, to 47 degrees at the Blue Ridge Mountains ( not sure if they will keep you warm below 47 degrees) and ended in 101 degree weather in Key West. Just made it in last night after a 12 hour ride and the gloves felt great in all weather conditions. We went through some light rain and the gloves kept my hands dry. I absolutely love them and will not were anything else. (Posted on 5/9/12)
- Elk hide ropersReview by JohnnyKid
- I'm on my seventh or eighth pair of elk hide ropers. I was a motorcycle officer for more than half my career and I always used these gloves. I bought my first pair in 1990 or 1991 and used them both at work and when riding to and from work for years. The clutch hand would wear out after two or three years of regular use. You can't beat that. I put some conditioner on them once in a while and wash them sometimes with a little dish soap and water.I even called to order a pair while crossing the country in 2007. I had them sent to a place I would reach in a few days and they were waiting for me when I arrived. Good customer service too. I guess they are just good old riding gloves. Nothing fancy.... Like me. (Posted on 4/28/12)
- Exactly what I wantedReview by Chris
- I had to return my gloves 2x before I got the right fit - customer service was great. I'm usually a large/xlarge in gloves, but these fit a little big. I ended up with 9-1/2s and they fit perfect. These gloves fit and feel terrific. I feel that they're worth the $50. The only bummer is I've already put a fairly big burn mark on one of my gloves by accidentally(carelessly) touching the pipe on the DR650. They saved my skin though! Great gloves, I love them and recommend them. (Posted on 4/12/12)
- Almost Perfect GlovesReview by Evel Bollwevil
- They aren't really broken in yet, but here's what I can tell you: the construction is nicely done - good stitching details, and the elk hide seems well up to the task of protecting against abrasion. The sizing chart is spot on - I normally wear XXL in most brands, but not these. The largest size would no doubt fit Richard Kiel very well. I would have rather had the competition roper, with its velcro strap and knuckle padding, but cannot do the bright gold/yellow color. It would clash with everything I own, including my bright green Kawasaki! One gripe: the snaps do not ensure a snug enough wrist fit to preclude the gloves being pulled off your hands. Even snapped, I can take them off. They might not be likely to come off in a bout of "creative riding" gone wrong, but chaos is by nature unpredictable. I'll probably get a second male snap and custom place it on the cuff. Anyway, I do like the fit and construction. A bit pricey, but less so than my LP Deerskin gloves, and the stitching details on those was not as good. (Posted on 4/6/12)
- They're All ThatReview by Turnawheel
- Exactly as described, accurately sized (measure twice, order once), wet break-in technique to stabilize the gloves works very well prior to custom-forming to my hands after only about 1000 miles--it takes longer than that to break in a new girlfriend. The snap tab on my pair was long enough to add an additional female snap so that they fit over anything and still close snugly over a bare wrist, although the additional male snaps idea would also work. I keep good stuff a long time: my Hein Gericke Dakar jacket is older than most riders I see and these gloves will age as gracefully as it has. With these, my Gerbings, and the full-fingered bicycle-type gloves for really (really) hot days I am comfortable and protected all four seasons anywhere I ride in eleven western states. (Posted on 2/7/12)
- RopersReview by Staush
- Just received the Roper gloves,fit great, look great, feel great. What more can I say? (Posted on 2/7/12)