Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (95)
- Aerostich Customer ServiceReview by customerservice
if you would like to treat your Elkskin gloves with a leather treatment product, there are many good options available to apply in order to enhance and maintain the leather. However, Elkskin gloves are also washable. The following is from the care guide included with each pair of Aerostich Elkskin and Deerskin gloves:
Elk and deerskin can be safely hand washed using warm water and a mild soap. This removes accumulated dirt, oils, and stains and will help the gloves last longer and feel nicer. After rinsing thoroughly to remove residual soap,
gloves should be gently wrung damp and allowed to dry gradually at room temperature. DO NOT apply
direct heat. Gloves will shrink slightly when they dry, but will stretch-to-fit during wear. Note: Black gloves
will bleed dye when wet. This diminishes after several wet and dry cycles. (Posted on 7/8/16)
- Ropers are Great!Review by Mark
Tested these out along with the insulated gauntlets on a long ride recently. I measured out as 11&1/2 size, but ordered all three pair I ordered as 12. My gloves are soft, supple, fit nicely, look good, and feel good. I am completely happy with my ropers. I prefer my gloves slightly looser fitting and not tight, thus my inclination to order .5 size larger. These gloves are great, and seems like they can get wet or sweated through without the seems pulling apart as in the armored gloves that I've tried.
They broke in immediately, they've already begun to mold to my hands, in just a few hours.
One thing I can't figure out: do I need to treat this leather? I won't if I don't need to. Aerostitch? (Posted on 7/8/16)
- Ropes they areReview by Leonard
- Very heavy leather, well constructed but bulky, gathers in palm of hand while riding. Not curved. Gauntlet prevents airflow into sleeve of jacket. May be better during cool weather. Disappointed. (Posted on 7/5/16)
- Roper glovesReview by Mackers
- Very well made and comfortable. They're not really suitable as motorcycle gloves because it's not possible to secure them tightly around the wrist. In an accident, they're likely to peel off. (Posted on 5/5/16)
- Just the thingReview by Sequestris
- My husband loves the gloves. The workmanship and quality are excellent. The fit is a little off - some of the fingers are a little long, and the wrist snap doesn't really secure the glove as the wrists are too wide. As others have said, best to order a size smaller than what you normally get. My husband wears an XXL usually and the 10.5 are very loose. (Posted on 3/5/16)
- Nice GloveReview by Glenn
Buttery soft heavy duty glove. Unfortunately I had to return for half size smaller as I prefer a snugger fit for riding. Measure carefully as the sizes are dead on.
Still waiting on my exchange return or shipping confirmation email. (Posted on 12/9/15)
- Last and lastReview by Ernie
- I got my ropers 21 years ago and after tailoring- my hands are long,not wide- they were a perfect two season glove and traveled over 100,000 miles with me. Early this year one thumb wore through,so they are now my fingerless summer gloves. Next, gauntlets. (Posted on 12/5/15)
- Elkskin Roper vs Competition RoperReview by Pete
Finally I ordered the classic trooper m.c glove the Aerostich Elkskin Roper. I like them a lot!
Break-in is quick, molding to my hands, new colour is fading quickly allowing for the worn in look, sizing is accurate. Elkskin continues to amaze warm even when wet, use regularly to sweep off wet seat (don't need no stinkin' towel ~when I've got Elskin). Very similar to the Elkskin Competition (just shorter cuff) like them BOTH. A fine USA made product. Look like work gloves 'cause they do WORK!!!!
Pete (Posted on 9/23/14)
- Best glove everReview by John C
- I just recently bought my second pair of these. Got ten years of service out of the first pair. Would have gotten more but got careless and left out in the yard under some dirt for about a month a couple years back. They weren't quite the same after that ;). They were covered with mold and mildew but still were usable for another year or so after that unbelievable. (Posted on 7/30/14)
- Excellent gloves.Review by Patrick
- These gloves are so much better than the hardware store work gloves I have been wearing and the thicker leather gives me confidence that they will hold up better in a slide. The gloves felt broken-in after only a few rides. I would recommend these to a friend. (Posted on 7/19/14)