Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (101)
- Great glovesReview by Ken
- Long lasting and comfortable gloves! This is my second pair after my first finially developed a small whole after 6 years of constant use. (Posted on 3/14/17)
- Elkskin RopersReview by Paul
- I'm very happy with the initial fit and feel of the gloves. The high quality work that went into them is evident. (Posted on 11/13/16)
- Great gloves for everyday ridingReview by Billy
I just ordered another pair of elkskin ropers natural. I've been riding in Aerostich Elkskin Ropers for over 15 years. I ride almost every day (commuting) and weekend rides. Because of my riding distances, a pair of gloves only lasts about 3 to 4 years before holes are worn in them. I have a basket of gloves that didn't work. No Aerostich glove has ever seen the basket. About 80% of my riding is in the Elkskin Ropers. About 15% of my riding is in Competition Elkskin Ropers (cold weather). The rest is in Gerbing heated gloves. But, I stay in the Elkskin's as long as I can maintain enough heat to my hands. Why? They simply work. From hot summer days to about 35 degrees, I can get a combination of Elkskins, silk liners (the cheap ones from Sportsmans Guide) and heated grips that works. Below that, the Gerbings fill the role. I only wear natural gloves if they are available because I don't like black hands.
If you are looking for some gloves that have withstood the test, these are the ones. And, they are the most comfortable glove I have ever worn - after break in. It does take some time for the gloves to take the curved shape of a motorcyclists hands. Once they do that, they are very comfortable.
Billy (Posted on 10/24/16)
- Aerostich Elkskin RopersReview by Guy
I recently bought another pair of these excellent gloves to replace a pair I lost at the Eurotunnel terminal on my way to Portugal. I was gutted and had to make do with some HD gloves I bought from a dealership in Boulogne.
I'd had my previous Elkskin Ropers for 10 years. Truly the best gloves for motorcycling I've had in 46 years on the road. (Posted on 10/10/16)
- Great GlovesReview by Jon-Marc
- I bought these gloves and have been using them for about a month now. So far they are great. There was no break in period at all. They are soft and supple right out of the package. They are very comfortable. The little wiper on the left thumb seems kind of silly at first but really works well. They have stretched a little since I got them but still fit nicely. (I don't like loose gloves). (Posted on 8/10/16)
- Great glovesReview by John
- I purchased a pair of Elkskin Ropers over 10 years ago and have used them on 3 bikes and for over 150K miles. They have gotten old and it's time for new ones. The old ones still have some life left and they are now my favorite garden gloves. I don't know how Aerostich makes any money selling products that last this long. I recommend these gloves to anyone. (Posted on 7/31/16)
- Aerostich Customer ServiceReview by customerservice
if you would like to treat your Elkskin gloves with a leather treatment product, there are many good options available to apply in order to enhance and maintain the leather. However, Elkskin gloves are also washable. The following is from the care guide included with each pair of Aerostich Elkskin and Deerskin gloves:
Elk and deerskin can be safely hand washed using warm water and a mild soap. This removes accumulated dirt, oils, and stains and will help the gloves last longer and feel nicer. After rinsing thoroughly to remove residual soap,
gloves should be gently wrung damp and allowed to dry gradually at room temperature. DO NOT apply
direct heat. Gloves will shrink slightly when they dry, but will stretch-to-fit during wear. Note: Black gloves
will bleed dye when wet. This diminishes after several wet and dry cycles. (Posted on 7/8/16)
- Ropers are Great!Review by Mark
Tested these out along with the insulated gauntlets on a long ride recently. I measured out as 11&1/2 size, but ordered all three pair I ordered as 12. My gloves are soft, supple, fit nicely, look good, and feel good. I am completely happy with my ropers. I prefer my gloves slightly looser fitting and not tight, thus my inclination to order .5 size larger. These gloves are great, and seems like they can get wet or sweated through without the seems pulling apart as in the armored gloves that I've tried.
They broke in immediately, they've already begun to mold to my hands, in just a few hours.
One thing I can't figure out: do I need to treat this leather? I won't if I don't need to. Aerostitch? (Posted on 7/8/16)
- Ropes they areReview by Leonard
- Very heavy leather, well constructed but bulky, gathers in palm of hand while riding. Not curved. Gauntlet prevents airflow into sleeve of jacket. May be better during cool weather. Disappointed. (Posted on 7/5/16)
- Roper glovesReview by Mackers
- Very well made and comfortable. They're not really suitable as motorcycle gloves because it's not possible to secure them tightly around the wrist. In an accident, they're likely to peel off. (Posted on 5/5/16)