Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (20)
Items 11 to 20 of 20 total
- You need itReview by Andrew T.
- It works, it's cheap, you need it. It's like wearing a baseball hat while riding, keeps that nasty low sun out of your eyes, and it doesn't block your vision. It put it inside my dark shield and now ride east in the morning commute and west in the afternoon commute home much more comfortably. Like I said, you need this. (Posted on 2/11/12)
- Great product!Review by Climb14er
- The helmet sun visor works exactly as promised. Without it, the sun always poured through my Shoei helmet and even with polarized Oakley sunglasses, the rays of the sun wrecked havoc on my eyes. Give this product a try and you'll feel more comfortable riding! (Posted on 12/15/11)
- RETRACTABLE SHIELD?? -- BE CAREFUL!!Review by PADVARK
The tinted face shield on my helmet pivots, and stows in the space between the helmet and the rigid liner. The sun shield strip instructions recommends installation on the inside of the face shield (makes sense). While establishing the optimum position the strip slipped into the shield stowing cavity. I had to disassemble the retractable shield pivot points and fish out the sun strip-- very carefully -- with a dental pick.
That said, it's working great (Over the years, I've installed this same strip on three other helmets)
Oh, I've also learned that the somewhat demanding instructions REALLY do allow all air bubbles to me "ushered out" before the shields bond. (Posted on 11/29/11)
- Simple, but works!Review by Steve Ulyguy
- Simple concept, simple installation. Works great! I have it on my Shoei RF-1100. It blocks the sun but does not interfere with my line of sight. A good product at a fair price. (Posted on 9/8/11)
- Works greatReview by Phoebe
- This is a great product that every rider should have. It took a bit of getting used to having it on the shield (because you will see it at the top of your field of vision) but it makes a huge difference in cutting down glare when the sun is beaming right in your face. I also had to trim about 1/2" from mine. Otherwise, great product. (Posted on 8/3/11)
- Great product! Allows for easier and more pleasurable rides.Review by Marius E.
- I wear transitional glasses in my Arai Quantum 2 helmet and found myself squinting, or adjusting my head position to keep the direct sun out of my eyes. The helmet sunblocker eliminated my eye discomfort and allowed for minimal eye stress caused by direct sunlight and glare. The Arai modification allowed for the brow vent cut outs. Great product and i don't need a total dark shield anymore (Posted on 11/16/09)
- Finally what I neededReview by Ghalib Tikari
- A solution to an irritating problem. I commute in an easterly direction & then back west in the evening. So you can imagine, the Los Angeles sun always in my face. I wish I had learnt about this little gizmo a lot earlier. Now all our helmets & visors have one in place. An absolutely Great product! (Posted on 11/3/09)
- This simple device is a life saver!Review by Richard Provencio Jr
- This simple device is a life saver! Works just like a tint strip does on a automobile's windshield. I highly recommend it! (Posted on 5/29/09)
- Great product.Review by Wendell Schloneger
3 days before leaving for a three week ride from Ohio to Seattle, Wash. and down the coast to San Jose, Calif. I called your company, a person named Matt advised me about the Sunblocker.
It arrived in 2 days. I never had a problem with sun on the entire trip and the sun was extremely bright at times. If the sun is very low, a slight tip of the head is all that is necessary to keep it from blinding you. For years I have been complaining why helmet manufacturers did not address the sun problem? Those little visors they used to put on top of helmets did not work. I never want to ride with out the Sunblocker again. It Just Works! :) Wendell Schloneger (Posted on 1/19/09)
- OK, but could be better.Review by Richard Kelso
- The strip works fine, but the shield on my HJC A-11 helmet is a little small (vertically) for the size of the strip. I trimmed the lower 1/2" off the strip, and it works fine. Stock width got into my line of vision too much for my comfort level. (Posted on 2/5/08)
Items 11 to 20 of 20 total