Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (48)
- You Get Your Money's WorthReview by MyBeamishBoy
These appear to be great boots - well made, supportive, and for me, comfortable right out of the box. I have worn them in warm weather and recently cold without complaint. I have not worn them in rain yet as I have just recently ordered a waterproofing application from Aerostich.
Just for background I own other good boots - Alpinestar Tech 10 Motocross boots and Alpinestar Web Gore-Tex street boots. The CTBs strike a happy balance between the overkill of the full-on motocross boot to under-protection of the street boot. In short, there is enough boot to make me confident that I will get reasonable protection in a crash without having so much boot that I leave them at home (the Tech 10s).
I have since ordered a replacement sole (be proactive!) as I can easily imagine that these boots will be worth repairing as they wear as well as an insole from Aerostich just to take up a bit of the roominess of the boot.
In short, my limited experience with these boots agrees with the experience of other reviewers who appreciate the quality and design of the boot. Perhaps I'll still have enough of my wits to come back in ten years and give a more qualified revue. Until then, I think I'll just take them along while I go find out what's around that next curve ....
Ride safe, y'all.T (Posted on 11/16/11)
- very nice.Review by eric
- love these boots. still breaking them in, but went on a week long trip with them when they were brand new. although shifting was a little stiff at first, its just been getting better and better. pretty good resistance to road spray in the rain with a little waterproofing goop slathered on before i left. my one complaint would be the laces used and the way the velcro is set up. the laces (and tall pair of wool socks) tend to get stuck in the velcro, and the laces that came with the boots are going to be little fur balls in short order. i anticipate having to get some new laces, hopefully will be able to find some that are not sticky to velcro. overall highly recommended though. (Posted on 10/24/11)
- Good BootReview by Kelley
- Very nice boot. Break in is easy with the neatsfoot oil and pressing into shape method. I don't notice any weight at all. They feel quite light and walk very well. Comfortable all day. We'll see about longevity. (Posted on 10/5/11)
- Stiff and heavyReview by netskink
OMG Stiff and heavy. Still breaking in. Its odd to not be able to feel your shifter or brake lever. Also some chaffing and blisters on feet. I wear a size 10.5 wide. I purchased a size 46/11. The first day I wore the boots, it was very tight on my left foot. I got a blister on my left foot. Afterwards, I coated them with mink oil and put shoe trees/expanders inside them and let them set for a week. I used them again and I got a blister on both Achilles tendons. At least the toe box had streched out some. I hope that when they are broken in they will be my boots of choice. Sometimes you have to swear at it before you swear by it, right?
I am not impressed with the shoe liner or speed lacing though. I'll comment more later if possible. (Posted on 7/25/11)
- Combat Touring Boot inner plastic coated fabricReview by GK
- I've had my CTB's for at least 10 years and have put in excess of 100k miles on them. They are the best riding boots I've ever owned and have held up very well with the exception of the Velcro, which lost it's ability to hold in about 2 years. I've since replaced it with Velcro which has held up well since. I don't think the Velcro which originally came on the boots is as high quality as genuine American Velcro. The other issue is the plastic coated material under the lace holes joining the two sides of the boot together. It flakes off and is regular cotton underneath. I've had to coat the material with silicone (Shoe Goo) to get it waterproof again. It would seem to me that a boot of this price would use thin leather for this part rather than cheap plastic coated cloth that flakes off and looses it's waterproofness in this area. Other than that, I'm very happy with these boots. (Posted on 7/21/11)
- 11 yrs 20,000 milesReview by Ken Scott
- I have had these boots since 1999. They have seen 20,000 miles. The boots look great. They are stiff and I feel great wearing them. They are too warm for the california summers. They are built to last, go for it! (Posted on 6/21/11)
- Best boots everReview by Imp
- I have had these boots for 3 years now and LOVE them, they get better all the time. I ride about 25,000 miles per year and wear them from temps of 30's to 100+ ( I live in Florida). They are great to keep the heat off my shinns. I did get them resoled about 8 month ago and put a Vibram sole on them which I like better than the original. (Posted on 6/10/11)
- Best boots you'll ever buy. Period.Review by Marko
- These same boots were made and marketed by Sidi back in the day. It's great that Aerostich is having them made by Sidi just for them. I just received mine, and although they seem to fit really well out of the box, I'm still going to dunk 'em in water and go for a really long walk. The quality of these boots is really unsurpaseed in my opinion. I wear White's boots for work (similar stitch-down construction) and they're now approaching $800. Maybe I'll get another pair of these for work! These boots are well made, and they'll likely be the last motorcycle boots I'll ever need to purchase. All I can say is "Wow!" (Posted on 5/5/11)
- Do not buy the cleated sole!Review by Neville
- I bought these boots to replace my Sidi Touring -On Road. I took forever to spend the money, and I regret buying them. Sorry. They are high quality, and after many blisters I finally broke them in, now they are very comfortable. Only buy these if you do serious off road riding ALL the time. I have a GS BMW, and I tour, and these boots are overkill. Also, the Cleated sole sucks. It has no heal, and should assist in walking, but that is not the case, and the no heal thing is probably why i dislike them so much. In addition, they are NOT as water resistant as i expected. I rode to Canada last year and had soaked feet for 10 days, and yes, i treated them like they suggested. Either buy the combat lites for touring, with the Wedge sole and heal, or just buy the original Sidi with a waterproof lining. If I can find someone to buy these boots from me, i'll get Sidi Touring -On Road again. (Posted on 5/3/11)
- nice bootReview by Richard
- I purchased these boots on sale with the cleated sole, would have preferred the wedge sole but the savings of the cleated sole was to much to pass up, besides when the sole wears out it can be replaced. I like the fit and breaking time wasn't near as bad as others would lead you to believe. Walking isn't to bad for a heavy boot, no hiking with these, but you need some stiffness. Boots are water resistant with mink oil. A little water does seap in in downpours. I like the design, but hate the laces, why not change the laces, the velcro really pulls at them. Good boot overall. (Posted on 3/27/11)