Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (48)
- Love 'EmReview by Mark
Got about 15k miles and 14 months on my Combat Tourers. They broke in much easier and quicker than the reviews made it sound, and I didn't wet them and all that. I use Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP Leather Preservative on them for waterproofing. I have been through several heavy rainstorms, and my feet remained dry and toasty.
These are TALL boots, so go to Boot Barn and get some Dan Post or other type over-calf socks, what works for cowboy boots will work for these.
I bought the wedge soled version, and it is time to replace the soles, but the wedges seem back ordered for several months, no Bueno!
These are extremely well-built and durable boots and I always feel well-protected with them on. They've taken me across the country and back-twice. They are comfortable in hot and cold, and all day wear (I am typically in the saddle 10-12+ hours/day on my cc trips). My feet sweat a little, but I wear wool socks.
I DID by the aero stitch boot dogs, and except for the too-short strap, they do a great job of drying out the boots overnight and keeping them from smelling.
My one slight complaint would be the laces. They could be more durable and fray-free, and the slip stop mechanism could be reengineered,mouth this is minor compared to the exceptional boot experience otherwise. I still can believe I made it through that Texas T-Storm with these and they kept my feet dry.....
When these wear out, I will hold a proper memorial service, and then buy a new pair, but it looks like I have a few more years with these, so no worries.
My review: Outstanding! (Posted on 6/24/16)
- Wedge Souls RockReview by Bernard
Great boots! Very well made, and in such a way that I know I will be able to repair them as the years go by and keep them going, so in that respect I feel they are well worth the price.
Apparently though, the free return shipping only applies if you order one pair at a time and exchange for a new size: It does not apply if you order two different boots to try out and want to send back the one that isn't right for you. (Posted on 12/4/15)
- Aerostich Combat SiDi BootReview by Lance
Exceptionally well built boot that fits perfectly. Find your Euro size in an Ecco shoe and that will be your exact fit.
Soon to test these out in Death valley in October 2015 and then a ride through the European Alps. (Posted on 9/25/15)
- Great bootsReview by Brian
I bought these boots after buying four other boots from different companies over the last three years. All had their shortcomings. Then I bought the CBT's and I am extremely pleased. I'll share my experience with fit and break-in:
I normally wear an 11. Since I knew these boots were made by Sidi and that Sidi's run 1/2 size short on me I ordered the 11 1/2 and the fit was perfect. As to the breakin---I am not a fan of submerging footwear in water and then walking around in them. Instead I applied a generous amount, and I mean generous, of mink oil to the exterior of the boots and let them sit for three days. I then wiped the excess of and took them out for an afternoon ride on pavement, gravel and dirt and the boots did great. Did they feel like a boot I have worn for years? Of course not. DId they feel comfortable and do their job and give me the hope they will do it for years and years? Absolutely.
As to detail and quality---these boots are exceptionally well put together. Fit and finish are perfect.
Now as to what the boots aren't----they are not heavily armored but they aren't marketed that way so we should not be surprised. They are very tall which provides some degree of protection and they are going to stay on your feet if you come off. Also, they are not waterproof in the Gortex sense of the word. They WILL repell water if you take care of them by using mink oil or some other applicant and your feet will breathe better in the process.
These are great boots and like all Aerostitch gear they are designed and sold by people who understand our sport.
I'll be wearing the CBT's for years to come. (Posted on 9/6/15)
- 25 years with the same CBTsReview by Walter
- I bought a set of these 25 years ago. Wore them dual sport riding my BMW bikes at many sports around the world. Had them resoled on multiple occasions with soles from my local shoe maker (I had not learned that Aerostich sells replacement soles). Last wore them 18,000 miles on the Compass Expeditions 2014 Road of Bones Tour across Europe and Asia for 4 months. Had left my BMW "Motocross style" boots (wow are they "cool" looking) in the trash due to one week of wearing them in Patagonia and they are totally trashed with the thin vinyl flex areas and the cheap nails to hold the metal tips on the toes. BMW said "too bad" and did nothing for me. My 25 year old Aerostich CBTs performed perfectly on the ROB tour. Like an idiot I left them in Vladivostok, Russia feeling I needed to get new boots after 25 years instead of keeping resoling them. Bad move. Should have kept those boots. Ordered new CBTs from Aerostich on my return. Cased them in with water soaking and walking 5 miles in them. Used the oil/paste treatment from Aerostich. They look nicer than my older CBTs (but who cares since I am not in a fashion statement faze), but have yet to feel as good. My stupid error. Need to ride with these ones till I die. (Posted on 5/21/15)
- Forever BootsReview by Stuart
I got my CTBs in 1998, one month before leaving on a 4 Corners Tour. I put 3 coats of Aquaseal on them the first week I had them. I put 14,000+ miles on them the second month I had them. Never had a blister.
I put on a new coat or two of Aquaseal every year or two and they have remained waterPROOF the whole time I've had them. I put some Spenco insoles in them when I first got them to make up for how narrow my feet are. I still have those original insoles, too, and the boots are still comfortable for all-day walking around.
In 2012, with a couple of hundred thousand miles on them (roughly, I don't really keep track), I finally had them resoled for the first time, and reconditioned. They came back from the cobbler looking like (almost) new again. The laces are a little fuzzy. The (still original) buckles are scratched up from a lowside in the north GA mountains a few years ago.
In all these years, these boots have been my only street riding boots. I have other SIDI boots for race track use and real offroad riding. But, when it comes to street riding, nothing has ever been able to match the overall comfort, utility, and longevity of my '98 CTBs.
They are, apparently, my Forever Boots.
Sorry, Andy. I guess you lost me as a boot customer since I won't ever need to buy another pair of boots. (Posted on 5/21/15)
- Good Boots, Bad VelcroReview by motorant
- I have worn my CTBs for 10 years and they hardly look broken in. My feet have never been wet. They protect my lower legs from engine heat and road debris. My only complaint is the Velcro. It failed about 5 years ago so I put snaps on the tabs to hold the boots closed. There must be a better way for this price. (Posted on 2/19/15)
- Great Quality - a little stiff in useReview by Richard
Now it's only a month or so from Riding season again in Vermont I'm dusting off my boots and getting ready to ride. I wore my Aerostich combat boots for several thousand miles last year, and honestly there are positives and negatives (IMHO)
They are indestructible, and quite obviously very well made. I think they look great, and are easy to get in and out of
Compared to more modern high end boots , they are very stiff , to the point of interfering with gear changing on a sports bike - now I know that most wearers of these boots will probably be on ADV bikes , which I also do, and the boots are much more suited to this.
I do find them uncomfortable, when I can buy boots from another manufacturer that have the same protection, but much more supple leather , adjustability and complete weather protection, 9 out of 10 times I'll go for those when I ride.
I don't think they are totally waterproof in torrential all day downpours and they take maintenance for proofing. There are better more comfortable totally waterproof boots available. I toured Iceland last summer for two weeks on my GSA, I nearly took these boots, but in the end I'm glad I didn't - I like warm dry feet ! They are also big and bulky to pack if you're flying somewhere to ride . having said that , they are a style statement , and will probably last for 20 years so I'm not sorry I bought them.
(Posted on 2/11/15)
- Best Boots EverReview by Chuck
- I got these boots a few months ago and they are probably the best boots I've had in hundreds of thousands of miles of riding. The leather is also the best I've seen. The website description states they stiff at first, but I found them easy to shift and walk in almost immediately. I simply walked about 3-4 miles, did 3-4 short rides, and they are fine....no need for the "water break in." These are the perfect boot for anyone trail or dual sport riding....far better than the stiff plastic motocross type boots that offer vague feel for the controls. I use the CBTs with wedge sole for anything off road which works well when standing on the pegs, and have the CBT Lites with cleated sole for the road bike. The Lites are just as substantial as the full CBTs, just not as tall. Very easy to get on/off and I haven't found the fuzzy yellow shoes strings to be a problem. (Posted on 4/3/14)
- aMAZing boots!Review by skingy
- these boots are heavy-duty awesomeness - Sidi quality at half the high Sidi price! i've primarily been wearing them in cold weather, and i suspect they'll get too warm in the hot summer heat and humidity - even on a windy ride. i don't care - these boots have spoiled my feet. i have a large, wide foot - i normally wear a 13.5 in a wide width, and know these were Italian-made, i sized up to a 14. absolutely perfect. thanks Aerostitch - i'm a customer for life! (Posted on 2/15/14)