Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (48)
- My favorite bootsReview by redlinejohn68
- I've had lots of riding boots. These are my favorite. Stiff and strong, yet supple enough to feel the pegs. Take care of 'em, they'll take care of you... (Posted on 2/3/14)
- Best Boots By FarReview by Ron
I bought these boots several years ago, and have worn them for close to 100K mies. I have replaced the buckles once, and just had the soles and heels re-done, this time in vibram (heels, not wedged soles). The boots came from the shoe shop looking like new! I cannot believe the way they have held up. They never have leaked in riding, and the only wet feet I have had was stepping into a parking lot in a rainstorm that was flooded over a foot deep.
That is my one small complaint about this boot, and that is the material in the tongue. It is a rubber-coated fabric, and it has not held up well. The coating is constantly peeling off, and this makes the tongue non-waterproof. It needs a good leather tongue to preclude leaks when "wading." Yes, I understand that these boots were not made for wading, but it happens!
I sent a picture of the "new" boots to the picture site, showing a much better representation of well-worn boots than the picture Aerostich used to show in the catalog.
These boots will outlast me by many years, and will probably be in my will for one of my heirs. (Posted on 9/19/13)
- Great BootsReview by Bueller
- I bought a pair of the CTBs in 2004 before setting off across the country for a ride of a lifetime- San Diego to Newfoundland to raise money for a college friend whom had brain cancer. After a few week breakin before the trip, these boots molded perfectly to my feet and I lived in these and my Roadcrafter for 5 weeks on the road. Tough as nails, relatively water resistant and protective, these have been a great purchase. My first pair is ready to be resoled after all these years, and I have a pair of CTB lights that I commute to and from work in. I suspect I'll have these for many years to come- great product. (Posted on 5/24/13)
- ShoelacesReview by Fisch
- Well worth every penny paid - however, the yellow shoelaces that came with the boots were a complete PITA. Loose knit shoelaces and Velcro do not mix. I got some 52" black leather laces and reused the cam locks. Works great. Good advice to soak the boots in the water and take for a walk... I live in the Sonoran desert and thought I was going to have to go barefoot through rocks and cactus for the last 200 yards of the 2 mile walk. Still, it was well worth the discomfort as the boots are absolutely rock solid. (Posted on 2/25/13)
- Everything bootReview by chad
I have a pair of these boots I bought in 2004; I've ridden countless miles in them since then on the road; ridden a season of motor-X in Florida, District 36 enduro season in Norcal in them back in 2010, I just finished the 2012 LAB2V in them. 2 OMC Sheet Iron 300's..
The velcro is sacked and I have to tape them shut with electrical tape now. But they still don't leak through water crossings.
I do have to use a shin guard but it also protects my knee so I'd wear them anyway.
In short, I love this boot, they're very comfortable and durable, I'm going to get another pair just to rotate them and resole the old ones, maybe have some new velcro sewn in.
(Posted on 12/6/12)
- Best pair of footwear I've ever ownedReview by Nicolaus
- These aren't merely a pair of boots. These are the best article of footwear I have ever (and likely will ever) own. I've had my pair since 2007. For thousands of miles, they have come with me through snowy mountain passes, through herds of buffalo, shared the path of a fox and his vixen, traversed the wild waste of the Mojave and the muck of much scoria and scrub. They've been through the worst motorcycle accident I've ever had in 25 years of riding: a sportbike flop at speed where the rear passenger footpeg strut caught my toe and twisted my foot around, grinding my toe into the pavement and dragging me behind the flopped bike for scores of feet. I was on crutches for a couple of months but my boots saved my toes and I still wear them today. There is a scrape on the right toe smaller than a dime to mark the incident. These are worth every cent. There is no other boot quite like them. (Posted on 9/9/12)
- Combats are Hobbit boots no moreReview by Dan
Finally size 15 for a proper fit! At 6'7" my R1150GSA fits fine, my Roadcrafter was custom made for my Teutonic frame but these Combat boots took a while to be sized to fit my dogs.
I wear 15 1/2 street shoes but these fit great.
My trip to Deadhorse suffered only in having to use my old hunting boots, next time the Combats! Thanks for rounding out your product line sizing for normal guys. (Posted on 7/3/12)
- Excellent BootReview by Brad
- Have put 500 or so kilometers on the boots and I am finding them very worthwhile. Been wearing and caring for leather boots and shoes for 30 years and these are some of the nicest I have ever owned. Very comfortable, fit was excellent, break in very easy (I wore and broke in several pairs of heavy leather caulk boots and these boots are not overly stiff), and they are very easy to look after. This may not be important to everyone, but with some black shoe polish and Sno Seal, I can keep these boots looking new for many years as they are easy to polish and seal (just take care around the velcro patches on the sides of the boots so you do not foul them with whatever sealer you are using). I wear soccer shin pads in mine just to afford a little more protection when riding off pavement, but as long as a person does not treat them as a motocross boot (nor are they marketed as such) I think they are an excellent choice. (Posted on 5/17/12)
- Buy 'em, especially if you have a son!Review by Kevin in Denver
Love the boots. I wear a size 10.5, ordered a size 11 and they were much too big. Easily replaced and a size 10 is perfect. Despite what others have said, the break-in was not a big deal. A few walks around the park with the dog for a week and we're good to go.
I love the close fit at the top of the boot. Because they're trim, it's now possible to wear conventional pants that will actually fit over the tops of my boots, unlike my dirt bike boots.
Only complaints: The laces stick to the Velcro pretty bad. I can see that I'll have to replace them with another lace type soon. Wonder why the manufacturer does not address this? Also, the alignment of the top Velcro flaps and the Velcro sections on the boot don't line up nicely. That's a minor disappointment, but only cosmetic.
Overall, I'm very happy with them and look forward to years of heavy use. My 18 year old son can't wait until he gets my pair! In fact, for sentimental reasons, I wrote the date of purchase inside the boot. When his old man (now 53) passes for whatever reason, he'll have some, "Good shoes to fill." (Posted on 4/20/12)
- good bootReview by jerry
- This is a very well made boot. I wanted something that was comfortable and protective. This fills the bill. After about 2 days of wearing them all day they started to break in. They have gotten better every day. You get what you pay for and these are a bargin. (Posted on 12/27/11)