Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (95)
- tried but succssReview by Austin
- i really wanted these boots to work but the toe box was too shallow. the quality looked outstanding and the fit, other than the toe box, was great (Posted on 10/26/13)
- Good Boots, but Not best fittingReview by David
- Since these are made for Aerostitch by Sidi, and I have two pairs of the latter, I ordered my exact size - European 45. However, the left boot did not fit well, was slightly large, and despite various insoles, my heel moved when I walked and created painful blisters. The boots are really stiff and took forever to break in. Nearly sent them back. Finally, after yet more insole combo trials, using a synthetic very thin sock and the friction-reducing roll-on lube runners use, I was able to wear them. Left boot still doesn't fit as well as I believe it should, but boots have proved ideal for dualsport riding. One other niggling complaint: why even ship the boots with the crappy stock yellow laces? For this much $$, the non-fraying laces in appropriate length should be standard. (Posted on 10/8/13)
- one year later ...Review by ran
I've used these for over a year now, and I still don't love them but they have their positives.
I wore them on a few hot-weather rides this past Summer, and the boots are very hot and uncomfortable. No way to open them up and get any ventilation. OTOH, they are nice and warm on cold weather rides. And yesterday I was out in a surprisingly heavy rain storm, and the boots kept my feet completely dry.
And they're okay for walking around when you're off the bike. So I'll give them a 6 out 10 and use some other boots for hot weather rides. (Posted on 9/24/13)
- Best footware I ownReview by Jason
After hemming and hawing for a year, over width (I have duck feet), which sole, cost, etc, I pulled the trigger...
I bought them last month, i have ridden 3500 miles in them, and walked 20, I could not be happier, these are the best pair of footwear I own.
Size 10ee feet, got the 10 wedges, boots fit great, and they are great on and off road. Superb boots. Wish I didn't wait a year to do it... (Posted on 9/2/13)
- This should do itReview by Phillip
- This is my new all time favorite purchase from Aerostich. They took a couple weeks to break in and boom!!!! I'm hooked. The wedge sole is more stylish to me but, wow, what a boot. The size was perfect. Thanks again and again Aerostich. (Posted on 5/19/13)
- Great bootsReview by Brian
- The first time I put them on they felt like ski boots,I went for a 30 min walk just to see if they would bite and they did so I changed the insole with what I normally wear in my work boots THAT MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE they felt like a totally different boot ,I wore them to work the next day with no discomfort at all no soaking no blisters.sizing seems to be very accurate they just need better insoles. (Posted on 5/14/13)
- Best Investment yetReview by Ref
- I finally pulled the trigger on the best pair of boots I have ever owned. After wasting my money on the Tourmaster Solutions which began to fall apart after less than one year, I purchased a pair of the Combat Lites. I expected the boots to require some break in time and it was shorter than I thought. I picked the size that was suggested...I usually wear 13 in tennis shoes and got the 12.5 in the CT. I am very pleased and highly recommend them. So far I am batting 1000 on Aerostich products. (Posted on 5/7/13)
- Great BootsReview by Ron
- Amazing how heavy the leather is that these boots are made of..Wow! As some of the other owners have said.. the laces are cheap.. replaced them right away... Break in will take awhile, after 2 weeks they are feeling great.. I expect these to be the last boots I will ever buy, they are that good! (Posted on 5/6/13)
- Jury Is Still Out...Review by TOMBO
Alright, hmm, where to start. I've waited 2 years before writing this review. I wanted to get ample time in them and I can't stand reading reviews where in the end the author states they've had the item for two weeks and love it.
I drooled over these boots for almost three years before finally buying them. And I'm not totally happy with my purchase.
The Good: These boots are very well built and very rugged, and if they fit you right you should have years and years of adventures in them. The grey soles are very grippy and look good as well. And the leather is the real deal..this is manly stuff here.
The Bad: My 11EE feet are pretty normal.. nothing odd about them. The width of the boot is perfect, but the box toe is so low that it's constantly pressing down on the toenail of my big toe. This does two things... makes the boots unbearable after an hour or two, and wears holes in the big toe area of my socks after a day's worth of riding. If the toe box just had even an extra 1/4 inch of height I would be able to wear these boots more. This is probably my biggest problem with these boots.
Also, the weird fit of the boot makes them tight on the top of my foot. Like I said the width is perfect, which makes it strange that the top of the boot is tight. Even when adjusted properly the boot presses down on the top of my foot and causes aches. I was able to remedy this with a boot stretcher and soaking the boots before stretching, but I still need to wear very thin socks and there's no way I can use a thicker, more cushioned insole which I greatly desire.
My last complaint is that the leather of both boots has creased just above my heal, and because I need to wear thin socks the creases rub my skin and cause blisters. Sure I'm tough and can take blisters but should I really have to for this price? I own boots of all kinds of Wolverines to Wesco riding and work boots and no other off the rack sizing fits me as poorly as these Combat Lites. I just don't get it.
Like I said.. the boots are constructed with very high quality and attention to detail, but after two years of wear and the boots definitely being fully broken in they just aren't my go to boots like I thought they would be. I have the same kind problems with my Falstaff jacket. It's good but not good enough. I like Aerostitch and maybe I just need to stick to buying non clothing related products from them. (Posted on 4/4/13)
- Best Boots I OwnReview by ThatFixedIt
I bought mine a size larger than the chart indicated to make room for electric socks in winter. They do that perfectly. In summer I use an extra thick insole which gives all day comfort fit and reduced vibration. That's all good.
The boots are nearly perfect, although an extended heavy rain will soak through. I use cheap rubber over boots now for all day rain and couldn't be happier.
I used Picard leather lotion and then AquaSeal Leather Treatment for breaking in and water proofing. Both products worked as advertised. Soaking in water and walking dry isn't necessary at all. (Posted on 1/8/13)