Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (98)
- Great BootsReview by Robert
- Yes, they are stiff when you first get them, and yes, they are built on a European last so they won't fit everyone perfectly. I had to get a size larger than I ordinarily wear in order for my mangled toes to have enough room. Sizing insoles and patience solved the other fit issues. I applied a layer of Aquaseal, let it soak in overnight, then wore them for the next day, then repeated about four times - by then they were broken in enough for me to operate my levers and the leather was soft enough that I didn't feel any chafing. While I wouldn't recommend wearing these as an everyday work boot, I did just that in order to speed up the break-in process since I didn't want to soak these beautiful boots in water as others have done. I also wear long socks with cushion soles. The laces do tend to stick to the velcro and look a little frayed, but are fully functional. I agree that at this price they should come with the upgraded laces. I have Sidi cycling shoes with similar buckles and have confidence that they will last with proper attention to opening and closing technique. These boots are not claimed to be waterproof, but with the Aquaseal treatment, they came through pouring rain just fine. My brother's "waterproof" Cycle Gear specials did not. Just remember to pay attention to the stitching when applying the treatment and you should be fine. I liked the way the boots looked when they came out of the box, but I prefer the way they look as they break in… especially knowing I did it. (Posted on 6/23/14)
- Combat LitesReview by R. Owens
- They are the most incredible thing on the planet when it comes to boots. You just can't kill them. (Posted on 12/21/13)
- SolidReview by Matt
- Ten years(?) of daily commuting in the deluge that is Everett, WA. They've been perfectly waterproof up until this winter when the rubberized tongues disintegrated and let mother in. Awesome boots for walking and riding, I'll buy another pair when I wear these out....might be a while. (Posted on 11/8/13)
- tried but succssReview by Austin
- i really wanted these boots to work but the toe box was too shallow. the quality looked outstanding and the fit, other than the toe box, was great (Posted on 10/26/13)
- Good Boots, but Not best fittingReview by David
- Since these are made for Aerostitch by Sidi, and I have two pairs of the latter, I ordered my exact size - European 45. However, the left boot did not fit well, was slightly large, and despite various insoles, my heel moved when I walked and created painful blisters. The boots are really stiff and took forever to break in. Nearly sent them back. Finally, after yet more insole combo trials, using a synthetic very thin sock and the friction-reducing roll-on lube runners use, I was able to wear them. Left boot still doesn't fit as well as I believe it should, but boots have proved ideal for dualsport riding. One other niggling complaint: why even ship the boots with the crappy stock yellow laces? For this much $$, the non-fraying laces in appropriate length should be standard. (Posted on 10/8/13)
- one year later ...Review by ran
I've used these for over a year now, and I still don't love them but they have their positives.
I wore them on a few hot-weather rides this past Summer, and the boots are very hot and uncomfortable. No way to open them up and get any ventilation. OTOH, they are nice and warm on cold weather rides. And yesterday I was out in a surprisingly heavy rain storm, and the boots kept my feet completely dry.
And they're okay for walking around when you're off the bike. So I'll give them a 6 out 10 and use some other boots for hot weather rides. (Posted on 9/24/13)
- Best footware I ownReview by Jason
After hemming and hawing for a year, over width (I have duck feet), which sole, cost, etc, I pulled the trigger...
I bought them last month, i have ridden 3500 miles in them, and walked 20, I could not be happier, these are the best pair of footwear I own.
Size 10ee feet, got the 10 wedges, boots fit great, and they are great on and off road. Superb boots. Wish I didn't wait a year to do it... (Posted on 9/2/13)
- This should do itReview by Phillip
- This is my new all time favorite purchase from Aerostich. They took a couple weeks to break in and boom!!!! I'm hooked. The wedge sole is more stylish to me but, wow, what a boot. The size was perfect. Thanks again and again Aerostich. (Posted on 5/19/13)
- Great bootsReview by Brian
- The first time I put them on they felt like ski boots,I went for a 30 min walk just to see if they would bite and they did so I changed the insole with what I normally wear in my work boots THAT MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE they felt like a totally different boot ,I wore them to work the next day with no discomfort at all no soaking no blisters.sizing seems to be very accurate they just need better insoles. (Posted on 5/14/13)
- Best Investment yetReview by Ref
- I finally pulled the trigger on the best pair of boots I have ever owned. After wasting my money on the Tourmaster Solutions which began to fall apart after less than one year, I purchased a pair of the Combat Lites. I expected the boots to require some break in time and it was shorter than I thought. I picked the size that was suggested...I usually wear 13 in tennis shoes and got the 12.5 in the CT. I am very pleased and highly recommend them. So far I am batting 1000 on Aerostich products. (Posted on 5/7/13)