Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (98)
- 7 Year ReviewReview by Kazu
- Purchased these boots 7 years ago. Wear them commuting 3-5 days a week and all day at work. Have done light hiking in them, touring on the bike, resoled them twice and they still get compliments. Crash tested them too. Several low speed lowsides, but most impressive was getting sideswiped by a minivan. The impact impaled the brake foot lever into my boot (missing my foot by a hair), crumpled the side of the van and shattered the window. Thanks to good gear I was able to ride away uninjured. Still wear the boots and the 1 inch hole in the leather is a daily reminder to never get complacent on the road. These are damn good boots. Only now considering replacing them as they are starting to look old but they have plenty of riding life left. Can't recommend them highly enough for daily riding. (Posted on 4/10/16)
- Aerostich Combat Lite BootsReview by John
I've ridden is Combat Lites for the past 5 years and for me, they are the best boot going. I ride mainly on the pavement and occasionally wander off on dirt and gravel roads on my R12RT and these boots hold up very well. They take a while to break in but after they do, you'll have all day comfort. The best way to break them in is to wear them everyday. When your SO tells you they are sick of looking at your feet in your Combats Lites, you're almost there. I've never had any problems with blisters.
While not being waterproof they are very water resistant. My experience has been to keep them that way, black boot polish works the best. (Posted on 11/2/15)
- Great bootsReview by Alan
- I was originally reluctant to buy these boots because they have laces and my current boots have a zipper. But the speed lace system is as easy and quick as a zipper and the boots are great! Very high quality constuction, comfortable and supportive. Be aware that they require some breakin, but after only a week of heavy use, they are fantastic. (Posted on 10/29/15)
- Combat LiteReview by David
- Best boot out there for the money. (Posted on 8/21/15)
- Combat Lite bootsReview by Oosik
Well - after duck walking around the house for the last five days & greasing them a couple times - they have loosened up quite a bit. Still somewhat stiff - but I've worn them riding for a little over 500 miles also. Surprisingly even being stiff they are very comfortable on the bike. Been riding in some hot wx, for our area, and they are no hotter than any other boot.
The nice thing - I can actually feel them breaking in - walking has become much easier and shifting is slowly returning to my "normal" feel/method.
These are becoming some really fine riding boots. (Posted on 7/29/15)
- BlistersReview by That Guy
- Received my Combat Lites yesterday, couldn't wait to open the box. While I haven't rode in them yet, I tried the soak/break-in routine, to get them ready for riding. Ended up with major blisters on both heels. I used a heavy wool sock and a short two mile walk at a slow pace. Checked both boots and couldn't find anything that should have caused the blisters. Still had the stock inserts, I didn't want to use the new ones in a wet boot. Maybe the stock inserts were the cause, don't know. But boots look well made and I thought fit me pretty well. Got them for riding and not walking, so guess I'll wait and see how then feel with a proper break-in. (Posted on 7/29/15)
- New bootsReview by Oosik
In my earlier review I forgot an important item. The new boots with a new paper thin insole replacing the OEM insole are a perfect fit.
My "normal" size is 10 1/2 - - 3E. I ordered size 11 for my Combat Lite boots. (Posted on 7/23/15)
- New bootsReview by Oosik
Five days after I placed my order FedEx delivered the boots. I've never owned a pair of boots with such thick leather. However - I've worn them around the house for about three hours and I can already feel them loosening up. Contrary to most folks I took the insole out and replaced it with a paper thin insole. I've got a real case of what I call "Norwegian fat foot". Very wide and super thick - kind of looks like a duck. The boots look very nice and have very nice workmanship. I can see what folks say about the laces tangling in the velcro. Just have to remember to tuck them in on the side. Just a note on the fit - my normal size is 10 1/2 - - 3E and these boots with the thin insole are a PERFECT fit.
I'm extremely pleased with my new boots.
Again - Thank You Aerostich for a great product. (Posted on 7/23/15)
- Boot-tifulReview by Mike
This is a review after six weeks, so I'll touch on fit, break-in and initial quality and leave longevity for another time.
The initial fit was spot on per my usual boot sizing and I'm fortunate to not need insoles. I'm of shorter stature (5'7"), with cycling calves, and the height of the Combat Lite comfortably sites and mid calf for me. The quality of the leather, sole and overall construction is fantastic.
As many, many other have stated (including Mr. Subjective, himself), they are very stiff out of the box. I used both Shea Butter and Aqua Seal to soften and improve water resistance, respectively. After application of those substances (not at the same time), I'd walk around for a bit, do some knee bends, and a variety of other funny walks that were apparently of endless amusement to my significant other. Fortunately, the boots began to break-in well before my pride. After needing to be extremely deliberate while shifting during the first couple of rides, it only took a week or so of commuting before they had enough dexterity for my shifting method to return to normal attentiveness.
While the boots continue to break-in with every ride, the initial period passed must quicker than I anticipated and have been one of my favorite motorcycle related purchases of all time. The are amazingly comfortable, the speed lacing concept and single buckle work like a charm and they look phenomenal with all bottom wear, from kilts (just guessing), to bermuda shorts and any and all Aerostich pants.
The only area of improvement I'd like to see, would be the inclusion of the upgraded laces. Previous reviews mentioning the propensity of the laces to catch on anything that remotely resembles velcro are spot on. They're easy enough to replace, but with every other facet of the Combat Lites screaming quality and attention to detail, it does seem out of place.
These boots offer all day comfort, and I am very much looking forward to wearing them for many years to come.
(Posted on 7/18/15)
- Great boots, but...Review by Milt
- I've had mine for about 18 months and have worn them mostly off-road. They are great while riding on or off-road: great protection, great comfort, great quality. But, why would the maker put a sewn seam up the center of the heel cup? The first time I walked around for an hour, my heel developed a deep blister that's still a tender spot. I tried moleskin pads, athletic tape, and a large bandage, but nothing can cover up the ridge that makes walking torturous. I love the boots for riding, but have to take them off when off the bike. (Posted on 7/15/15)