Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (40)
- Silk tieReview by FinkFarm
- While riding in the cooler/colder days I would always catch a draft at my neck, wrists, ankles, etc. I ordered this to eliminate the draft at the neck area. Not only does it do that, but the jacket I wear (non aerostitch) is rough at the neck. It protects my neck skin from these rough areas of the jacket, and stops any drafts. Carry it with me all the time now. Don't know about the summer cooling of it when wet, but look forward to trying it this coming summer. (Posted on 12/3/16)
- Welcome gear additionReview by Rick K1200RS
Executive summary: Two thumbs up!
I dithered back and forth on dropping $27 for a silk scarf. I'm very glad I placed the order! In warm weather, it's a good way to ride with the jacket zipper opened a bit without worrying about bugs scooped into the jacket (it's happened!). In cooler weather, it keeps cold air blowing into the jacket. And, of course, it makes a smooth surface against my neck instead of a now-pilling jacket color. I worried about the length until I just doubled the scarf to make it shorter, wrapped it around my neck, and stuffed the tail through the loop formed from doubling the scarf. (Posted on 6/24/16)
- Serves 3 important purposesReview by WillieB
My Aerostich Std. Silk Scarf has three important purposes: 1.) Here in Upstate NY it works like a packing to seal out uncomfortable air leaks. 2.) The slipperiness of silk is like a lubricant between jacket and neck thereby improving visibility. 3.) It makes me look awesome!
Increased comfort, safety and good looks, who couldn't use a little (a lot?) more of that? (Posted on 10/31/14)
- Practical & Comfortable Review by Michael
All season, all purpose, and all right! Reminds of the race between the two silk worms, it ended in a tie.
Good choice for everyone. (Posted on 8/27/14)
- yet another good productReview by David
- Got it just in time for a three day trip through the mountains. It was hot and dusty during the days, cold at night and the scarf was so comfortable I don't think I ever took it off, even slept with it on. Its a great interface between you and an unlined jacket. But the toughs on the chrome cruisers don't wave at ya!? (Posted on 7/4/14)
- Perfect!Review by Tom
- Gave this scarf to myself as a present, but honestly had a few doubts about using it. I'm a convert! It's warm when it needs to be, and cool when it needs to be. After my riding buddies stopped giving me sh!t about wearing it, I think they've become a bit jealous of my newfound comfort and style. Go ahead! Get one! You'll LOVE the way it works. Looks pretty cool, too! (Posted on 1/6/14)
- Works greatReview by The last edition
- Works great with the wifes mink vest. (Posted on 12/29/13)
- Great ScarfReview by Keith
- Couldn't have received this scarf at a better time. It is -15 this morning and the scarf kept all of the drafts from coming down my jacket. It also fits great under my jacket not like those bulky wool and synthetic scarfs. Shipping was fast too. Another great product from a great company. Thank you and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all at Aerostich. (Posted on 12/24/13)
- Quality productsReview by Ton Up Teddy
- I like to wear a scarf in the winter as a "gasket" around my neck to seal the opening in the top of my coat or jacket. The wool ones that I previously used would stick to the whiskers on my neck and were not very comfortable. This silk scarf is "slippery" and does not stick, but at the same time keeps me quite warm. I'm going to order a couple more to keep in the pockets of other coats. (Posted on 12/18/13)
- Had my doubts...Review by BajaRambler
- I put the scarf on when it arrived in the mail, I made a loop out of it and then like a big slipknot put it over my head. I looked like Prince. Man, I thought, what the heck did I just do- I AM NOT going to use this thing. Flash forward two days and I'm flying past Las Vegas into Arizona and Utah- NOW it all makes sense: No back of the neck sunburn and a nice, silky, smooth, cool wrap around my neck keeping me all chafe free. Wow- this and my sheepskin butt pad became my favorite bike farkles on that 7 day, 2100 mile trip. I'm sold- and you should be too. (Posted on 10/15/13)