Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (49)
- Roper glovesReview by David
- Got the gloves a few weeks before riding to the BMWW rally in St. Paul. They now have over 4500 miles on them and have been comfortable from the first day. While in Minn. we went to the Stitch factory to check out other items and I'm going to order other gloves for the bikes and also the snowmobiles. Top quatity from Aerostitch. (Posted on 8/2/14)
- Competition Ropers!Review by Wildcat_drvr
I'm on my second pair.Gotta say I really like them!
I have wide hands but short fingers.
The gloves seem to mold to your hand.
I wore my first pair for a summer,over 10,000 miles,them wore them through the winter of '12-'13(I live in northern Indiana in the Lake Michigan Snow Belt) when to broke for plate on car,and one time my wife did me a "favor"and dried my gloves,,,in the oven!
DO NOT DO THIS!!
That's why I'm on my second pair,it dried the leather out and even though I got one more summer out of them they were dry and started to deteriorate.
If you don't ride year round you should get five seasons with proper care.
I Love my Ropers,so soft!
Rich AKA Wildcat_drvr (Posted on 6/13/14)
- Favorite GlovesReview by GEOF
- Aerostitchs' claims are in my opinion accurate ! I plan to get a second pair before some unforeseen event makes that impossible. (Posted on 6/6/14)
- Comp RopersReview by Wilco
- I already own a pair of the elkskin gauntlet gloves that I have been wearing in what passes for winter in S. Fla. I did not realize how comfortable they were until I switched back to my old summer gloves. I decided to try a pair of Comp Ropers for summer use. The fit is great, which is a problem I have had with other gloves, as I have medium sized hands but long fingers. They are just as comfortable as the gauntlet version, except for a seam inside the left glove that rubs where two fingers meet; I pulled the glove inside out and trimmed the seam a bit, which helped, but probably will have to try a bit more trimming. Would liked to have them available in the natural/tan color, but not a big deal. All in all, great gloves and well worth the price. (Posted on 5/5/14)
- Yes!Review by John
- Finally a pair of gloves that I can put on and take off of my very large and very mangled hands. They are very comfortable and I have a great sense of touch with them. (Posted on 4/24/14)
- # 421 Comp Elksin Roper glovesReview by Sjaak
Comp Elkskin Roper #421
The gloves have an addictive kind of moulding fit. Like a second skin. You must allow some time to let them form to your hands. The workmanship is fine. The price is good. Fantastic compact size, slips easily in my Darien front pocket out of the way. It stays on the hand securely. The straps are indeed in the right place and pull direction, no loose straps flapping. The seal to my slightly short Darien jacket sleeves is minimal, but adequate on warmer days above +10 Celcius, on an unfaired motorcycle. They are grippy, sticky, and make holding the throttle open against the cable springs easier: less squeeze necessary than with countless other gloves I've used up over the years. This is a bigger deal than it appears to be. I noticed that characteristic when using my other winter gloves.
Additional thoughts in hindsight:
- The gauntlet version would be advantageous for me because of the complete seal with the jacket sleeve.
- a light lining a the back of the glove would make the practical temperature range for this model much larger in spring and fall weather while retaining the tight fit and compact size.
-An Elkskin model with the gauntlet and light lining at the glove back side would be ideal for me, so my next pair might be the Gauntlet model with liner gloves for chilly weather.
#421 gloves come highly recommended!
(Posted on 4/10/14)
- Awesome glovesReview by Yeager
Fantastic gloves. Had quite a few pairs of other riding gloves, kept telling myself I couldn't justify spending so much on a pair of gloves over and over, and that they must not be that tough or worth it - after all they don't have all the "high tec" padding, carbon fiber, bottle opener, etc.
Well, after having all the other gloves slowly fall apart and either be a pain to put on or not warm/versatile enough, I finally broke down and purchased these. I'm so happy I did. I wear them every day, even down into the upper 20s a few times with silk liners to keep me warm. I haven't had to test them in a crash scenario, which I'm glad, but I feel like they'd be adequate. Also the little thumb wiper is an AWESOME idea. (Posted on 11/21/13)
- Houston, we have the solution!Review by Kevin
- I've tried a lot of gloves over the years, by manufacturers both major and cottage. These are the best! Agreed, if I was road racing, I'd want something with ballistic armor everywhere; and in the winter I will switch to a winter glove, but for most of the year these are my first choice. And when (if) I ever wear these out, I will buy another pair without even looking at anything else. (Posted on 9/8/13)
- Fits like a....gloveReview by Peter
- I would recommend these gloves to anyone. I just completed a Labor Day weekend ride logging around 1,400 miles right through the Midwest hot flash ending at 106 degrees in Kansas. I have to say, those gloves were great and felt cooler than my older gloves which contain some air vent holes for circulation. The most amazing thing is they felt soft and broken in the moment I put them on. (Posted on 9/5/13)
- Comfort and durabilityReview by Ricky
- This is the third pair of Elk skin ropers I've used. The first 2 pairs were very comfortable with little breakin required. Warm weather comfort was outstanding. These gloves held up to many miles of hard riding before having to be replaced. The third pair were purchased for my every other year trip To Rhode Island from Louisiana trip and they preformed as expected. These are my go to gloves for all but the coldest weather (Posted on 7/8/13)