Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
- Competition Elkskin Roper Gloves #421 Review by Daniel
Had to re-order the gloves because somehow how the originals disappeared imagine that, either way I ordered a size up as suggested by the great staff at Aero stitch and they fit perfect like the last ones I wore for six months straight out of the box...can't wait to get some great riding in.
You guys ROCK!!! (Posted on 7/12/15)
- Great gloves Review by Rolf
Just got the Competition Elkskin Roper Gloves and what a fantastic fit. Probably the only pair of gloves I've ever owned where all my fingers go completely to the end of the glove fingers. I usually have little "winglets" or "flappers" at the end of each finger. Makes attempting most tasks next to impossible. Not with the new gloves - I can easily pick a dime off the kitchen table.
This is going to bring a new level of enjoyment to riding. Thank you (Posted on 7/6/15)
- Best Gloves Review by Markus
- This is the most comfortable gloves ever had. They are like a second skin. But there is more: Last week I have been crashed by a rear shunt and was slithering over an Italian mountain road for a few meters on my hands and knees. After that, the gloves are covered in scratches. But everything is perfect with my hands and the gloves are still useable. The expensive Enduro gloves from the other party are torn open. Elkskins are more the comfy; they are great in a really damage. Thank you for this outstanding product. (Posted on 9/28/14)
- Competition Ropers Review by Tom
- Well, I just finished re-conditioning my old Competition Ropers (using Aquaseal).. They're showing their age. I think I'm going to order a new pair. 5 years is a long time! Lets see...that works out to less than $15/year! Great value, and great performance!!! (Posted on 8/25/14)
- Roper gloves Review by David
- Got the gloves a few weeks before riding to the BMWW rally in St. Paul. They now have over 4500 miles on them and have been comfortable from the first day. While in Minn. we went to the Stitch factory to check out other items and I'm going to order other gloves for the bikes and also the snowmobiles. Top quatity from Aerostitch. (Posted on 8/2/14)
- Competition Ropers! Review by Wildcat_drvr
I'm on my second pair.Gotta say I really like them!
I have wide hands but short fingers.
The gloves seem to mold to your hand.
I wore my first pair for a summer,over 10,000 miles,them wore them through the winter of '12-'13(I live in northern Indiana in the Lake Michigan Snow Belt) when to broke for plate on car,and one time my wife did me a "favor"and dried my gloves,,,in the oven!
DO NOT DO THIS!!
That's why I'm on my second pair,it dried the leather out and even though I got one more summer out of them they were dry and started to deteriorate.
If you don't ride year round you should get five seasons with proper care.
I Love my Ropers,so soft!
Rich AKA Wildcat_drvr (Posted on 6/13/14)
- Favorite Gloves Review by GEOF
- Aerostitchs' claims are in my opinion accurate ! I plan to get a second pair before some unforeseen event makes that impossible. (Posted on 6/6/14)
- Comp Ropers Review by Wilco
- I already own a pair of the elkskin gauntlet gloves that I have been wearing in what passes for winter in S. Fla. I did not realize how comfortable they were until I switched back to my old summer gloves. I decided to try a pair of Comp Ropers for summer use. The fit is great, which is a problem I have had with other gloves, as I have medium sized hands but long fingers. They are just as comfortable as the gauntlet version, except for a seam inside the left glove that rubs where two fingers meet; I pulled the glove inside out and trimmed the seam a bit, which helped, but probably will have to try a bit more trimming. Would liked to have them available in the natural/tan color, but not a big deal. All in all, great gloves and well worth the price. (Posted on 5/5/14)
- Yes! Review by John
- Finally a pair of gloves that I can put on and take off of my very large and very mangled hands. They are very comfortable and I have a great sense of touch with them. (Posted on 4/24/14)
- # 421 Comp Elksin Roper gloves Review by Sjaak
Comp Elkskin Roper #421
The gloves have an addictive kind of moulding fit. Like a second skin. You must allow some time to let them form to your hands. The workmanship is fine. The price is good. Fantastic compact size, slips easily in my Darien front pocket out of the way. It stays on the hand securely. The straps are indeed in the right place and pull direction, no loose straps flapping. The seal to my slightly short Darien jacket sleeves is minimal, but adequate on warmer days above +10 Celcius, on an unfaired motorcycle. They are grippy, sticky, and make holding the throttle open against the cable springs easier: less squeeze necessary than with countless other gloves I've used up over the years. This is a bigger deal than it appears to be. I noticed that characteristic when using my other winter gloves.
Additional thoughts in hindsight:
- The gauntlet version would be advantageous for me because of the complete seal with the jacket sleeve.
- a light lining a the back of the glove would make the practical temperature range for this model much larger in spring and fall weather while retaining the tight fit and compact size.
-An Elkskin model with the gauntlet and light lining at the glove back side would be ideal for me, so my next pair might be the Gauntlet model with liner gloves for chilly weather.
#421 gloves come highly recommended!
(Posted on 4/10/14)