Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (22)
- nosepiece brokeReview by steve
be careful when putting on the helmet (arai signet-q first time after installation. my nosepiece broke and scraped my eye as i pulled it the helmet down over my head. called customer svc & they'll send me a return authorization; after the item is returned they'll send me a new one (two-week turnaround, i expect. sigh)
(Posted on 3/8/13)
- OK... but not greatReview by Azzy
Been using this breath gaurd for a few weeks now in my Shoei Qwest.
Most noted quirks:
1. the stick on velcro covers the warranty sticker on a Shoei helmet.
2. The metal nose piece will scratch your forehead at some point.
3. If you plan on using it with a chin curtain, you will push breath up and into the place you are trying to keep it from. 2x worse, if you wear sunglasses or any glasses.
4. Mine tends to slide off my nose, requiring some adjustment in a 20 min period. Pretty annoying.
Overall, better than nothing. I miss the breath guard that HJC had with my old helmet, that was setup perfectly, with just a tiny stretch of foam around for a nice seal. Too bad Shoei hasn't caught on to that high tech of an item. (Posted on 11/13/12)
- Do yourself a favor and buy one!Review by Devildoghd
- I ride all winter in Oregon. It rains just about everyday and is cold. I was constantly having to leave my face shield open to circulate air or risk the its cold and I really don't need to see that clear option! This thing really works well. Even at long stop lights little to no fogging. Highly recommended. Ride Safe! (Posted on 11/2/12)
- Works great!Review by Brett
- I really like the way this product works, it's kept me fog free for many years now. The problem is, I burn through approximately one per season. The material tears away from the rivets on the nose piece. I don't know if this is due to faulty installation on my part, or just the nature of the beast. (Posted on 5/18/12)
- Not for flip helmets :-(Review by Ranger_Shawn
- It doesn't work on flip-up helmets, it must be a one piece helmet. I didn't think it through enough before I bought it. No harm done though because I sold it to a friend with a full face helmet. (Posted on 2/8/12)
- Wrong helmet...Review by cjfdad
- I don't have a full helmet and didn't know that it would not work on a helmet without the chin guard.... My bad. (Posted on 1/30/12)
- Works!Review by Sean
If you're even thinking about it, just get one. It works just as it says, no more fogging or having to crack / lift the face shield on cold or wet days. It adds some warmth as well.
If you like to wear sunglasses, the nosepiece may interfere a little. But that is a very small price to pay for how well this mask works. (Posted on 1/9/12)
- It Works!Review by Roy
- Already have one and have now given one to a friend. The discomfort of putting it on is nothing compared to the terrible feeling of having ones faceshield fog-up in a serious rainstorm with no place to stop. This device really works! (Posted on 1/2/12)
- When you follow directionsReview by Bruce D Chambers
- this thing works wonders! My first one didn't always quite keep my glasses from fogging, especially at stops. I carefully read the installation instructions and... WOW! it fits perfectly on my face, and seals my breath completely away from both my shield AND my glasses! There is a tiny bit of fogging on my glasses when I first put my helmet on, but within about 30 feet, it's gone, and I have clear sight the whole ride. This is my second Foggy Respro; the first one lasted about 7 yrs before the neoprene stretched too much to seal well. I expect this one will do the same. No planned obsolescence here! (Posted on 10/14/11)
- it really worksReview by Terry
- When first starting out the left side of the visor fogs slightly but goes away after a minute. After that there is no more lifting the visor at every stop. This thing really works (Posted on 3/29/11)