Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (129)
- Serious Riders WantedReview by SoWiRider
- Have been a long time user of this Road Crafter, can't even begin to recall how long I've had the suite, say more than 10 years! Problem is, the suite will not ware out, so I can't buy a new one. About the only negatives are, in very hot riding conditions... it is hot, but then again t-shirt and jeans are not good protection. Suite will provide protection in light - moderate rain for a while, but if the sky is falling, it can fill up like a bucket. (Posted on 5/23/12)
- Like a Thick Skinned BananaReview by eric
- I've had it for about 5,000 miles now. The suit is of great quality. Yeah, it's stiff at first, but it conforms to you and softens up over time. The hi-viz is a must have in the DC Metro area -- you gotta have a thick skin walking around in it though. I walked into a couple places, and they've thought I was the fire brigade or something. Lol. The "bikers" make fun of me too. Shwateva. Being seen is huge for safety. The protection seems great though I haven't been down in it yet. (Knock on wood.) The quick on and off helps me to maintain my motivation to practice the ATGATT philosophy. The new zippers are definitely not waterproof -- can you say lap puddle? I've ridden in this suit from the 90s Farenheit down into the 20s. The cold spots are the thighs, the chest, and the biceps as usual. With some Under Armour Extreme ColdGear, the 20s are no problem. I've also used the windbreaker that came with my mesh Joe Rocket summer jacket to break the wind on my chest, which worked nicely. The vents effectively circulate the air in the heat, but your back will blow up like a balloon. Lol. Don't get stuck in traffic with this thing on above 85 though -- you will have a religious experience. I wouldn't wear my work clothes under it -- wrinkle city. Also, wearing jeans or pants under it limits my range of motion, so I wear shorts, which they advise against. (I have tree trunks for legs.) If you get the hip pads, the velcro doesn't come sown in, and the hip pads kinda get in the way of your hip motion. Knox makes some riding under shorts with CE certified coccyx and hip protection, but again, it makes the suit too tight. I tried using a Knox CE certified chest and back protector under it for a while, but there wasn't enough room, so I got the competition back pad -- seems okay -- no coccyx protection though. (Posted on 4/14/12)
- Finally put my leathers away wish I did it soonerReview by Ash
I've been wearing a 1 piece leather suit for 20 years, but needed something to commute 100 miles a day in while wearing dress clothes for work. I decided on a Roadcrafter 1 piece in gray & black.
I used their online sizing guide and it fit perfect once it arrived. Only took 2 weeks for them to build, and I have to say I am absolutely happy with the fit, finish, and level of quality evident in even the smallest of details.
I opted for the back protector and hip pads, which really made the suit feel a lot more robust.
The customer service was outstanding in regards to answering all my concerns/questions before I bought.
10 out of 10...I would highly recommend these suits to anyone that is considering one! (Posted on 4/4/12)
- 60 mph slideReview by Marior97
- I've had my roadcrafter for 5 years now , last week we did a 60 mph slide on tarmac, about 180 ft on one side of the roadcrafter. Now that its washed I checked it and no damage at all is done . Great protection !! thank you (Posted on 3/30/12)
- As good as they sayReview by T-Bills
- I did have trouble getting the correct fit; however, Aerostich made it right. I've not had the suit for about 6 weeks. It is just as good as they say. The suit is breaking it quite nicely. The massive amount of pockets are great. The ability to get into your regular pants pockets is possibly my favorite part of the suit. (Posted on 3/27/12)
- I Joined the Roadcrafter ClubReview by Jack
I first read of the Roadcrafter in the mid-eighties. They intrigued me, but they didn't seem like a good idea. Over the years, I saw mostly Darians and they seemed like a better deal, but they didn't turn me on. This winter, I signed up for the Total Control motorcycle rider's course and they require a motorcycle jacket and pants. I needed pants and decided what I really wanted is a Roadcrafter. I ordered one and it arrived a little more than a week later. It fits great. It's been about a month since my suit arrived and Aerostich requested a review. It is winter coming on spring, and I've only managed 2,312 miles in the suit, but I am in love with it already. From temperatures just above 20°F to 78°, in rain, wind, and fine weather, I've been cozy. If someone stole my Roadcrafter tomorrow, I'd order another.
Thanks, Jack (Posted on 3/11/12)
- Should have bought it years agoReview by Chris
Received about 2 weeks ago my 1 piece RC. While it took some time to figure out the correct sizing, as I am living in Belgium (Europe), and I wanted to avoid sending up and down the suit for the necessary alterations, I can only say, now after having used it for about 2 weeks and over 2000kms, I should have bought this years ago.
During the purchase process, the very professional assistance in getting the size and alterations right, made that I received immediately a perfect fit suit. For me it means that I now can use the bike daily again, even during days I have to visit multiple customer, as opposed to a couple of times a month.
I don't succeed in putting it on and off in 10 seconds as stated in the publicity, but less than 20 seconds later, I am in normal dress walking to the reception desk of the customer in normal clothing. Great gear. Despite the fact that shipping costs, import taxes and VAT make that the suit becomes pretty expensive (a couple of 100 dollars more expensive than the price of the suit) for getting it into Europe, it is worth every cent. Super quality. (Posted on 3/1/12)
- 20 years and counting....Review by Dogboy
- Bought my 1-piece 20 YEARS AGO!!!!! and have probably ridden 150K in it. The suit is phenomenal, with out so much as a zipper failure. After 20 years its a little road worn, but then again, so am I. I dread the day I replace it. When I do, it will be buried with full military honors and I will replace it with the exact same suit. Thanks for a great product! (Posted on 2/26/12)
- 20 years and counting...Review by Dogboy
- I bought my one piece in 1992, 20 years ago!!! Ive probably ridden at least a 150K in that time and the suit has never been anything but great. It's a little road worn but then again, so am I. I dread the day I replace it, but I'd do it all over again in a heart beat. Thanks for a uber great suit :) (Posted on 2/26/12)
- Example of American QualityReview by Thomas
This suit is fantastic. After messing around with several cheaper jacket/pant combinations, I finally ordered 'the suit.' I had to wait 2 agonizing weeks for my size to be made, but I am very satisfied with the final product. The fit is perfect even with the optional armor installed. One can see how this jacket was designed from the beginning for the motorcyclist.
My first day out was in a torrential downpour (approximately 30 min in the Seattle rain) and I was dry at the end. The newer 2011 waterproof zippers appear to work. This suit makes me look forward to riding even more.
Overall, the suit is well worth the price and you will never understand until you own one.
(Posted on 2/18/12)