Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
- Update my previous review Review by Pete
- Need to update my previous review, after examining my original purchase receipt I realize that this 2013 is my 10th riding season in my Hi-Vis Darien. I love the substantial feeling of the 500 weight condura, reminds me of well worn cardboard. Also has not dropped a stitch in multiple washings & continuous use. Amazing Quality is what I bought, & will again, if this Darien ever wears out? (Posted on 5/15/13)
- Best value for the money Review by Chris H
- My Darien is 13 years old and it is completely servicable, faded and mostly waterproof (needs to rain sideways to get slighly wet on one arm) other than cleaning and taping a few wear holes it has survived averaging 14,000 miles a year. It is a little large on me now (dam diet) but layers well for year round use in New England weather.It is the most comfortable jacket I have owned and will replace it only with another Darien, maybe @ VBR III. Best value for the money spent! No regrets. (Posted on 4/4/13)
- Darien combo Review by Sputnik
After commuting and riding the first two months of this Seattle winter in my new Darien jacket and pants I'm still dry. It is a pleasure to be able to fully attend to the challenges of riding in the rainy dark without being distracted by issues of physical discomfort.
My only issue with the jacket is as follows: for the first several weeks I could not figure out why I was having such difficulty zipping the thing up. I tried a little graphite on the lowest teeth without success; it just wouldn't start. I then discovered that the zipper slide was being obstructed by the pin at the bottom of the liner zipper (which I'm not using). Currently I need to push that pin aside with a finger but think that I may stitch it back for a less annoying fix. I may also install a snap on the corner of the overlying bottom flap; it separates, despite the velcro, for those several inches below the zipper.
Otherwise a fine jacket!
The pants are as excellent as advertised. (Posted on 12/10/12)
- High-quality Armor Review by Doc
- I've just had the jacket a little while, but the Aerostich quality is great. It will be nice when it softens up a little. That took quite a bit of riding for the pants, which I bought about 18 months ago. It's a suit of armor that feels like a suit of armor when you first get it, but much better later. (Posted on 10/26/12)
- darien jacket Review by peter
I wore a Darien jacket on a 22,000 mile journey from the Arctic Circle in Alaska to Ushuaia in Patagonia. Whilst the other riders wore the BMW rider suits, it was the Darien jacket that survived the best. it still looks like new.
In the UK I wear the Katana electric liner which is great for everyday use, although it is too bulky to pack when touring.
Like others I found the neck a bit obtrusive at first but in foul weather it comes into its own.
IT truly is a quality bit of kit, non flashy but really functional (Posted on 10/9/12)
- Love this Jacket Review by Brendon
I have to say, I depend heavily on product reviews when making a purchase, but rarely actually post a review.
When I placed the online order for my Darien, I promptly received a phone call from Aerostich, letting me know my product was on back order. They were extremely polite, and shipped out what they could ASAP. My Jacket came a week ahead of their estimate.
When you first open the box and take out the Jacket, WOW, the quality and craftsmanship is superb. The seams, the stitching, the velcro, the zippers, everything top notch.
I live in Northern Michigan, and the night I received the jacket it just so happened, that it was about 51 degrees, pouring rain, with about 30 MPH winds. I figured it was the perfect test. I rode about 110 miles in a torrential downpour, and I have never experienced anything like this jacket. 100% protection from the elements, with comfort. This morning, the weather became cold at 43 when I departed for work.. I plugged in the air vest electric liner, and turned my 20 mile ride to work into a 65 mile ride to work, with only a t-shirt under my Aerostich combo. Complete comfort!
Add to this the exceptional customer service, MADE IN AMERICA, and get this: when you call, no automated answering, a HUMAN BEING answers the phone.
I honestly cannot remember the last time I was this happy with a purchase!
Highly recommend the product and the company. (Posted on 9/19/12)
- A riders (dry) dream Review by Jay
This jacket was obviously designed by people who ride and with 'function' at the top of the list of design features.
I rode with a different jacket for several months as I eased back into riding (the upfront costs can be a bit daunting). After months of frustration with tiny pockets, zip-in thermal and waterproof liners, and poor construction I saved up and bought the Darien. Wow- EVERYTHING is waterproof not just a 'special' pocket and I don't need to add a liner to keep from getting wet. The pockets are HUGE and easy to get to. I also purchased the windstopper liner and am very pleased with how it integrates into the jacket. The vents make riding on warmer days tolerable and encourage wearing protection when I am tempted not to. The neck closure is comfortable and accommodating to extra layers (Euclid's fairing fits well). I only wish I had waited a few months to get the upgraded version. Great product and worth every penny. (Posted on 8/20/12)
- Great Jacket Review by Brad
Have put ~7000 km on gravel roads in this jacket in a year in the north, pacific northwest of BC, Have not ridden a lot in really heavy rain but when I did, no issues, as it is extremely comfortable and well designed for inclement weather. I have been down a couple of times on the TF3 pads and while they are not going to prevent an injury, they certainly can lessen one.
For my uses, an excellent jacket... (Posted on 7/27/12)
- Darien Jacket - why buy anything else Review by Barry from Oz
- After over 40 years of M/C riding and to many jackets to count, I finally circum and bought a Darien jacket. A bit more expensive then some but it is worth it. The fit and comfort is second to none. Instead of carrying 2 jackets (one for normal protection and the other for weather protection) I just wear the Darien and forget about trying to predict what to wear. When it comes time to replace the jacket, it will be with another Darien. (Posted on 5/31/12)
- Tested on First Ride Review by RoverDover
After years of toting around both my leather jacket and a saddle-bag filling rain suit, I finally decided that carrying two jackets is silly. Time for one jacket that's both weather protection and road protection.
Based on this last weekend, it looks like I found it - my new Darien jacket.
I bought the jacket in time for my late-spring ride weekend in Florida, which means packing all my riding gear in a duffle, then flying to Orlando to pick up my rental Harley. The jacket is much easier to pack and much lighter than my leather jacket and rainsuit that I used to take. But would it be waterproof?
That was tested too as during my ride back to the dealership, the Florida heavens opened, resulting in an hour-long ride in driving rain. The Darien jacket performed wonderfully. Now I had just put on my rain pants too.
Next up on my "wish list" is a pair of Darien Light rain pants - size 40 waist in black would be great. Got that Aerostitch? (Posted on 4/12/12)