Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (68)
- Generally a great jacket ...Review by bobby klee
- Generally a great jacket but two problems recently, the inner zip of the two wold not "do up", easily sorted. The second problem has been the velcro on the back protector has somehow worn a hole in the lining ... corrected by swapping over the smaller back protector for the racing/track one - the velcro wasn't correctly positioned and I didn't notice until too late! (Posted on 10/17/08)
- I've worn the Darien & th...Review by Lynn Overbaugh
I've worn the Darien & the AD1 pants in some real toad chokers & in a few 14-16 hr days of steady drizzle & stayed completely dry.With the liner in I've found the jacket to be plenty warm down to 35F for my daily 40 mile commute to work. Add another layer of fleece & I'm comfortable into the high teens.
Yes, the collar is a pain & the armor gets hard as bricks when it's cold, but if this one wears out, I'll get another. For LD riding I wear my Roadcrafter 1 piece but overall the Darien gets the most use. (Posted on 10/17/08)
- My father is a long time ...Review by Peyton Youngblood
- My father is a long time user of both the Darien Jacket, the Darien Pants, and the full protective suit, as well as various other articles from AeroStitch. Recently, he was in an accident with another car. He broke his shoulder blade and cracked a rib. He shredded his riding pants and one arm of his jacket. He is home now recovering. Thanks to these amazing products, I did not have to go visit him in the hospital , or at the morgue. He is always saying to me how good these things all are, and I never knew until he had his accident how good they really are. Last time I talked to him, he said that it was worth every penny he spent, and that he does not regret the decision for one minute. I plan to start riding soon, and the first thing I buy aside from my helmet will be a Darien jacket, probably in Hi-Viz color as to be very visible. Thank you to yall for saving my dad from worse injuries in his accident, and I am sure you will be hearing from him soon about it too. (Posted on 8/17/08)
- I realize that I've had m...Review by Kelvin
- I realize that I've had my black Darien jacket for almost 20 years! It's still in great shape, but I think it's time to treat myself to a new blue one. Having just bought the BMW R1150GS Adventure Special Edition (which has a blue seat and trimimngs) a new blue Darien will be the biz. Great product. Thank you. (Posted on 7/21/08)
- Now that I am older and m...Review by William King
- Now that I am older and more in touch with my mortality I wanted some sort of protective clothing that I could wear in all kinds of weather. I read an article that mentioned that the author was wearing a riding suit that was also great in bad weather. Just what the doctor ordered (having gotten caught in torential rain outside of Sturgis near the Crazy Horse monument without rain gear). My gf bought me the Darien pants (custom fit for stubby legs) and I bought the Darien Jacket. I was worried that it would be too hot for the summer but I was wrong. There are so many vents and flaps that allow adjusting the air flow that I was comfortable even in Jersey in high 70's temps. There are more pockets than I know what to do with. The collar hasn't calmed down yet and is kind of a pain in the neck (literally). I can't wait to try the Darien in cold Jersey winter weather. Don't know why I didn't have one of these jackets long before this. Live and learn. (Posted on 7/4/08)
- First, I am the proud own...Review by Buford Neely
First, I am the proud owner of a Road crafter, Darien Regular and Darien light.
I seem to go to my closet and reflexly pick the Darien Hi-viz. After 30,000 miles since May 07 on my 1200GSA and the Darien. 6 Months in Central America on my 100gspd and 80,000 miles before on 1150gs I can say there is no other riding gear that holds my confidence like the Aero products. They all still look new; except for the Hi_viz and it has character but no visible wear. While other riders are stopping to put on their riding gear I am merrily continuing on. BBN 10-18-07 (Posted on 2/8/08)
- Best piece of gear I have...Review by William Morris
Best piece of gear I have. And dont worry...buy the hi viz and in a few thousand miles you won't need a bottle of authentikrud...you'll be a filthy mess and be cool in the process.
Functional, pockets are well placed and keeps you warm and dry, even in the 50s with no liner. I use the Kanetsu Wind Block Electric liner and it's a little much even in the NJ winter this year (teens). The bulk is the issue. I don't think you need the windblocker if you buy the electric.
True the collar is a little rough, but I didn't notice until I read a review stating such.
Oh...took a spill on ice last month, only a small tear on the shoulder where I initially hit, repaired with the 'stich Gore Tex Repair kit...good as new. Thanks folks. (Posted on 7/1/07)
- Fantastic garment which I...Review by Douglas Muise
- Fantastic garment which I am proud to wear. Pity about the very uncomfortable collar which rubbed my neck raw. Had to spend an additional $50 to have it lined by a third party. Too bad. (Posted on 4/6/07)