Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (23)
- What you want to know... long term garmentReview by T9R_Bueller
There are many positives comments I could extend about this garment and a few less positive ones. By reading this review what are you looking to learn, like myself the first time I thought about buying a Roadcrafter jacket, the question I wanted addressed was “Is it worth the money?”.
It is durable, functional (pockets and compartments), highly rain resistant (must be treated regularly when used regularly for best results), for use in hot and cold environments, repairable and a garment that will last you many years and many miles. Nobody wants to think about a crash or wrecking, but their items are designed to lessen the impact to your body and allow you to stay safe (no road rash).
The most important part is to find a fit that works for you. The only problem is that what fits you now may not fit you in 5, 10 or 15 years… yes this item will last you a long time. Bits and pieces of the item will not last, the zipper slides will wear out, the reflective material will wear out and I am sure other parts of the jacket but the excellent thing is that it can all be repaired by the Aerostich facility or possibly your local tailor.
Comfortable fitted gear is priceless and these items are near that. They are ever improving their quality and tailoring of the garment. Just when you thought you liked it all, they make it better.
It is worth the money if you are a serious motorcycle riding enthusiast planning to put 30K miles on a bike and ride for 10 plus years.
(Posted on 10/31/11)
- 3rd jacketReview by Lee
Terrific jacket....I've had several.
Don't understand the comments that the wind blows through it....and it is barely waterproof. I wear on a sport bike...in winter weather (when roads are clear) at highway speeds. Wind protection is great.
Waterproof? Seams and zippers can slowly leak. From what I read...it is not as waterproof as the Darien. But it works in showers...up to an hour. Otherwise I wear a rain suite jacket over it. No big deal. (Posted on 9/8/11)
- 3rd jacketReview by Lee
Terrific jacket....I'm on my 3rd. Don't understand the comments that the wind blows through it....and it is barely waterproof. I wear on a sport bike...in winter weather (when roads are clear) at highway speeds. Wind protection is great.
Waterproof? Seams and zippers can leak. From what I read...it is not as waterproof as the Darien. But it works in showers...up to an hour. Otherwise I wear a rain suite jacket over it. No big deal. (Posted on 9/8/11)
- My 3rd Roadcrafter JacketReview by Fido
- Been in one crash with Roadcrafter. Jacket barely showed any wear. Also, I'm on my third Roadcrafter jacket...and over 100000 miles. I guess you know...I like this product. (Posted on 6/7/11)
- phenomenal piece of gearReview by MikeK
After a decade of owning the same Aerostich suit (two piece), about 150,000 miles, riding in everything including snow, sleet, sand, and mud, I think I'm fairly well qualified to review this jacket.
In short, it's an amazing set of gear, and a much better investment than I expected it to be. I was squeamish at first - HiViz Yellow, $850... but 10 years later, I actually feel a little guilty when I get an Aerostich catalog, because their gear is still going strong. Maybe I should retire this jacket and get a new one? (Posted on 3/4/11)
- last jacket i will ever needReview by sac bandit
- I have wanted a roadcrafter for years. After spending thousands of dollars forjackets over the past 10 years I bought a roadcrafter. Best purchace ever. I use the roadcrafter year round.sold off all my other jackets. Won't ever wear any of them again. (Posted on 1/27/11)
- None BetterReview by Long Distance Rider
- While Peter was on "hiatus" I have ridden several hundred thousand miles in Roadcrafter Suits....from midweat heat to day after day of rain on the Dalton, the best gear I have ever used, none better! (Posted on 1/7/11)
- After all the hype, I'm underwhelmedReview by Peter
- I got back into riding after a 20 year hiatus, and agonized over new gear. I thought the Roadcrafter jacket was a no-brainer, but after getting it I was a bit dissapointed. Pros - great armor, not too hot in warm weather (mine's grey), tough fabric. Cons - in person the tailoring leaves me cold (amateurish looking, I think), not remotely waterproof (barely water resistant), wind seems to blow right through it, the fit feels clumsy. I don't get it... Did I get a knock-off? I gave it a season before commenting, thought I'd learn to love it. Well... I'm hoping the reviews for the Combat Touring boots are accurate, I'm a bit gun-shy now... (Posted on 5/21/10)
- Perfect All Weather JacketReview by Jerry
- This jacket is the greatest. After 2 years of wear this jacket is of the highest quality. I have been in down pours of rain, hot and cold and never a problem! (Posted on 1/7/10)
- awesome suitReview by BEN g
- My dad bought one of these suits almost twenty years ago I still have it and exept for the one accident he was in and scuffed it up a little bit, IT STILL LOOKS AWESOME. Great design and craftmanship hasn't faded or fallen apart I am honestly amazed. (Posted on 11/21/09)