Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (21)
- 3rd jacketReview by Lee
Terrific jacket....I'm on my 3rd. Don't understand the comments that the wind blows through it....and it is barely waterproof. I wear on a sport bike...in winter weather (when roads are clear) at highway speeds. Wind protection is great.
Waterproof? Seams and zippers can leak. From what I read...it is not as waterproof as the Darien. But it works in showers...up to an hour. Otherwise I wear a rain suite jacket over it. No big deal. (Posted on 9/8/11)
- My 3rd Roadcrafter JacketReview by Fido
- Been in one crash with Roadcrafter. Jacket barely showed any wear. Also, I'm on my third Roadcrafter jacket...and over 100000 miles. I guess you know...I like this product. (Posted on 6/7/11)
- phenomenal piece of gearReview by MikeK
After a decade of owning the same Aerostich suit (two piece), about 150,000 miles, riding in everything including snow, sleet, sand, and mud, I think I'm fairly well qualified to review this jacket.
In short, it's an amazing set of gear, and a much better investment than I expected it to be. I was squeamish at first - HiViz Yellow, $850... but 10 years later, I actually feel a little guilty when I get an Aerostich catalog, because their gear is still going strong. Maybe I should retire this jacket and get a new one? (Posted on 3/4/11)
- last jacket i will ever needReview by sac bandit
- I have wanted a roadcrafter for years. After spending thousands of dollars forjackets over the past 10 years I bought a roadcrafter. Best purchace ever. I use the roadcrafter year round.sold off all my other jackets. Won't ever wear any of them again. (Posted on 1/27/11)
- None BetterReview by Long Distance Rider
- While Peter was on "hiatus" I have ridden several hundred thousand miles in Roadcrafter Suits....from midweat heat to day after day of rain on the Dalton, the best gear I have ever used, none better! (Posted on 1/7/11)
- After all the hype, I'm underwhelmedReview by Peter
- I got back into riding after a 20 year hiatus, and agonized over new gear. I thought the Roadcrafter jacket was a no-brainer, but after getting it I was a bit dissapointed. Pros - great armor, not too hot in warm weather (mine's grey), tough fabric. Cons - in person the tailoring leaves me cold (amateurish looking, I think), not remotely waterproof (barely water resistant), wind seems to blow right through it, the fit feels clumsy. I don't get it... Did I get a knock-off? I gave it a season before commenting, thought I'd learn to love it. Well... I'm hoping the reviews for the Combat Touring boots are accurate, I'm a bit gun-shy now... (Posted on 5/21/10)
- Perfect All Weather JacketReview by Jerry
- This jacket is the greatest. After 2 years of wear this jacket is of the highest quality. I have been in down pours of rain, hot and cold and never a problem! (Posted on 1/7/10)
- awesome suitReview by BEN g
- My dad bought one of these suits almost twenty years ago I still have it and exept for the one accident he was in and scuffed it up a little bit, IT STILL LOOKS AWESOME. Great design and craftmanship hasn't faded or fallen apart I am honestly amazed. (Posted on 11/21/09)
- Crash protectionReview by Stuart
- I've had my Darien jacket over 10 years and thousands and thousands of miles. I was wearing it a week ago when a car turned in front of me and I hit it at about 30mph. I was launched off the bike and some yards away dropped onto the road. I was taken to hospital - no road rash, no breaks. What a coat! It WILL save your body. I'd love to buy the high-viz - maybe next year. (Posted on 11/14/09)
- Wear it every time I ride...Review by Marv Nelson
- Wear it every time I ride. It is a little warm on 90+ days but being warm is OK. The vents offer some relief to the heat. The hi-viz lime yellow is not a fashion statment. It is a must when riding in traffic. I get some questioning looks from some riders, never a negative comment. The pants I don't always wear as they present a bit more of a problem at work. (Posted on 2/28/08)