Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (42)
- Love them BUT.....Review by Daniel
My second pair of Dariens, I bought these as a "training garment" and found no issues..
The second time I wore them was to the MN BMW Rally and about 1 hour after arriving the fly zipper just gave up. Trying to get it to operate, 3 teeth fell off.. I bought these pants a size larger than I normally wear, so I can't blame it on being tight.
Anyway, the new RiRi zipper may be waterproof, but I won't trust another one of them. The pants have been returned for repair, and a YYK zipper was requested. During the rally I was informed by several other people of RiRi zipper failure..
Not sure what RiRi stands for?? Maybe it's "your fly is open"??
I have 4 Darien jackets, a pair of Darien pants, and NUMEROUS "Stich" items throughout my house, car, and even desk at work (loved the stainless insulated bottle), and I'm not going to let this failure scare me away from Aerostich, but I will be a bit more cautious in the future.. (Posted on 6/9/13)
- Darien Pants 155Review by Kurt
- Got my pants and the very next day had a chilly 30 deg FLA winter ride on I75 45min to Gainesville. The pants were remarkably warm and comfortable. The "Fit" is perfect. Can't say enough about the Darien Pants..Thanks for making them in the USA (Posted on 1/17/13)
- Darien PantsReview by joe
- they fit perfectly and plenty of room to move around in with jeans underneath and very easy to put on and take off. i recomend these as well as my roadcrafter suit to fellow riders, thank you for the wonderfull products so far (Posted on 11/30/12)
- Wonderful pants for men, but what about us girls?Review by Angela
- My boyfriend, his father and his brother both own a pair of Darien pants and love them. I just ordered mine and have only worn them once, and also really like them. They are by far the best pant out there if you are looking for an over pant that zips all the way off. The only down side is that I am a woman, and these pants are made for a man. They come very high up (just below my chest), and are not shaped to fit over hips. I have to unzip mine from the top to get them on over my hips and then cinch them up once they are on in order for them to fit in the waist. I wish that Darien would make a pair of riding pants for women who want not only the excellent protection but also a proper fit. There is a bonus of the not so perfect fit... they keep my back really warm! (Posted on 10/11/12)
- I like themReview by Shawn
- I've put over 3000 miles in less than three months in these pants. When it was hot out, yes they were a bit warm, but not uncomfortable (as long as I was moving). I got the grey pants, and they didn't seem too stiff out of the box. Not more than expected anyway. Like I said, they have over 3000 miles and are great. I have worn them through MAJOR rain/thunder storms and my pants were dry. I did have my regular pants tucked into my boots. A couple of times I didn't and about three inches of the cuff was wet. I think that these pants are great and I'm glad I got them. Worth the price. (Posted on 9/26/12)
- Remedy for pants riding upReview by Doc
I'm 5 feet, six inches tall, average build. I don't have a big gut or a big butt. I bought the smallest pair of Dariens that would fit over my street pants (had to send a smaller pair back, too small). I liked the pants, but when I rode, they would ride up. The knee pads would be on my thighs. Worse, the waist-band dug into my ribs, making me very uncomfortable. Aerostich customer support had no helpful suggestions.
Hold-down boot-strap stirrups from suspenders.com have been the answer for me. Now I enjoy my pants instead of feeling like I dropped $300+ for something I hated. (Posted on 9/4/12)
- Another Pair soonReview by Tim
- I bought my Darien pants in 2001 and have worn them for more than 80,000 miles in every weather imaginable. I had a low side crash in 2002 and scuffed the lower right leg - the Darien's didn't care until 2011 when they just started leaking. I brought them in to the store, and the only thing better than the pants was the customer service. I had a cup of coffee while one of the employees sewed on a patch complete with the Gore-tex(TM or circle R? Don't want you in trademark jail). No charge for the service! The technician warned that the membrane were starting to outlive the service life, and showed me the interior discoloration. Sure enough - now in 2012, after another 5,000 miles, the pants have started to seep when riding in the wet. Thanks, Darien, for 10 years of service. I'll be riding to Duluth to buy another pair soon. (Posted on 7/27/12)
- Just fine.Review by Timothy
- I've worn these pant riding just once so far. They fit fine and are well-constructed. My route took me through some rain and the pants kept my legs dry. (Posted on 6/27/12)
- Wouldn't wear anything elseReview by Keith
- My first pair is finally starting to show some wear after many years (more than 10, I think maybe about 15) and a lot of miles. The zippers are going out and goretex lining wearing in spots, so naturally I just ordered another pair. I've tried other pants but I like my Darien pants more than any others. The only drawback is the heat when it's above 90, but I'd rather be hot than ride without my gear. (Posted on 5/31/12)
- Darien Pants - why buy anything elseReview by Barry from Oz
- What can you say, the comfort and fit are spot on. Great weather protection and road protection (have not tried this one yet) and have no plans too. Would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants style, comfort and 2 levels of protection (weather and road). (Posted on 5/31/12)