Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (39)
- Great pantsReview by Marius E.
- I ordered the Darien pants with optional curved hip pads (#1053). The quality and protection is top notch. I wear blue jeans underneath. The crotch area is tight with the optional curved hip pads, so you may want to go up a size for added comfort if you order the curved hip pads. The knee pads were too high on my knee caps when sitting on the bike, so i adjusted them to fit my knee caps properly. With the side zippers up, I can maneuver the Darien pants over my Aerostitch Combat Touring Boots (#480). The lower leg segment fits perfectly over the boots and there is a snap button on the bottom. I ride in 90+ degree weather in Florida and have no problems with overheating. Actually, the pants protect my inner lower legs from engine heat at stops. There is no flapping of the pants at highway speeds (70-80 mph). I was completely dry in a constant downpour. I had no distractions in the rain and was comfortable in the Darien Jacket and pants. The comfort gets better each time you ride. When storing, I hang the pants by the belt on a hanger with 2" shoulder notches and allow them to hang dry. I definitely recommend the Darien pants to anyone. The price justifies itself with the quality, durability and protection. Thank you Aerostitch! (Posted on 12/14/09)
- Crash TestedReview by Silviu Stanescu
- I´ve had my Darien Pants for aprox 50.000 Miles. I live in the tropics. These pants have seen every kind of weather, from 110F in the hot plains and coastal regions to 30 F in the Andes. Tropical rainstorms are no match for the Goretex. They fit great and are very confortable even in very hot weather. A couple of months ago, I even had the chance to crash test them: due to an unseen hazzard on the road, I went down at aprox 50 MPH and slid on the pavement for about 30 yards on my butt and left hip. Thanks to my Darien Pants I was TOTALLY unharmed, not even a single tiny scratch or bruise. The pants held up perfectly, showing only a couple dime-sized holes on the hip area and a smaller one on the back pocket where my wallet was (also unharmed), they held so well infact that there is no need to replace them, but when the time comes, I know I´ll get a second pair without even looking around at other brands. (Posted on 11/23/09)
- Great pantsReview by Sambone
- A friend gave it to me, almost five years now. I was skeptic of pants' claims. It is comfortable to wear, easy on and off with boots and it is waterproof (no wet spot around the crotch area). I wore this pants on very ride. I wish that I got this pants long ago. (Posted on 11/21/09)
- Great Pants!Review by Paul
- I received my Darien pants 2 days before leaving on a 5,000 mile cross country journey. Aerostich customer service spent almost an hour on the phone with me trying to track down my size in stock (thanks Christine!!!). The pants fit pretty good (a little long when standing/walking which I expected with my size 38x30, but just right when on my bike). I rode through all sorts of weather...high of 102 degrees, low of 33 degrees....sunny days, rainy days, and even a couple hours of snow flurries in the Rockies. The pants were great. I was a little warm above 90 and a little cool below 40, but that is to be expected. I have no regrets at all, as a matter of fact, I wish I had bought these pants a long time ago. I'll be ordering the Darien Jacket as soon as I recover from the expense of my trip! (Posted on 10/3/09)
- Great ProductReview by Pete Dufour
- I live in Seattle and commute daily about 75 miles round trip everyday. I take a few long trips every year. Had the Darien Pants now for about 3.5 years and they have been absolutely outstanding in both heat and heavy rain. Never leaked. I ride a bmw 1200 gs and there is no leg protection from the elements from a fairing. No leaks. Don't hesitate to call the catalog number for advice on what size you should be ordering for over your work cloths. They are great. At 3.5 years, use everyday I've just taken the pants in for some retaping and a minor repair to a zipper stop. About $30. Not bad. Pants come off over boots with ease. Highly recommended product. (Posted on 9/16/09)
- Second pairReview by Vernon
- On on my second pair of these and got the last one (old style) several years ago. The only thing I would have them change is add suspenders but I just use add on's. These pants work great. I been in some heavy rain but stay dry. When it's really hot they make riding a GL1800 or R1150GS cooler. Both these bikes will put a lot of heat on your leggs but these pants even protect against that. When it's 95-115 you're going to sweat but the leggs don't roast. (Posted on 9/12/09)
- I've had the Darien pants...Review by Harry Syer
- I've had the Darien pants for 6 months. I live in the Philadelphia area and I've used them in temperatures ranging from 35F - 95F. Admittedly at 95 nothing is good but frankly underway at 90F is not a problem. There's good airflow and the feeling of safety is definitely there. I use them over dress pants for the commute to work without getting that just slept in look. They're quick to put on and take off. The quality is top notch. I wouldn't use anything else. (Posted on 3/2/09)
- I've had these pants for ...Review by Jeremy Johnson
- I've had these pants for a year now...1 1/2 Seattle winters. They are awesome. I wear them year round over jeans, mainly for commuting, in temps ranging from 90F to 35F. My legs stay cool/warm as necessary. I also see a LOT of rain riding and they keep me dry. Fit is a little tight in the hip area at first, making swinging your leg over the bike weird, but they break in nicely after a while. (Posted on 1/11/08)
- Got a pair of these custo...Review by William King
- Got a pair of these custom fit to my short, stumpy legs. Was a bit skeptical at first but the fit was right on. Pants are a bit stiff at first, like a new pair of jeans. Road with them and the jacket in 70+ degree temps and I was as comfortable as could be, not too hot, not too cold but just right (as Little Red Riding Hood would say). Easy on and off and you can leave your boots on (if you're into that). Great, comfortable riding pants. Fit right in my Road King Custom side bags if I strip down when I get where I'm going. (Posted on 12/24/07)