Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (39)
- Bad ZippersReview by DoubleD
- Generally good, but my pants are in need of “another” set of zippers. I wear these pants a lot, but the zippers are not durable. The fly zipper won’t stay up and the leg zippers are separating. I replace them once before, and I like the concept of being able to get gear repaired vs buying new, but $50 for a new fly zipper and $75 to replace each leg zippers means $200??? I found a local person that will replace the leg zippers for $15 for both! I’ll lose the two way zipper, but come on, I only zip them one way anyway. At $360 for the pants these zippers should last 10 years of constant use. (Posted on 9/2/15)
- Bought another pair after they were stolen.Review by Karl
I had a pair of Darien pants for about a year. I use them for commuting and a ride from Minnesota to NYC. I found that someone broke into my locked luggage and stole my originals. These were good enough to order up the exact same pair again.
The fit of the pants is a little odd in that they are not cut like jeans. They are a tall cut. If I pull up the waist, it goes maybe an inch over my belly button. Not that this is a bad thing, just an observation. The leg length is good when I'm on my bike and they are roomy enough for jeans + long grundies when it's cold out. I like how utility and basic they are. The pads are easily adjustable. Sides zip completely from top to bottom, so you can just Chippendale them off rather than hop around on one foot trying to get your muddy boot through. (Posted on 10/28/14)
- Darien pants for the summerReview by John
- I have a Roadcrafter one piece, but it's quite warm during the summer in Georgia in stop and go city traffic. As a supplement I purchased a pair of Darien pants and paired them with a Tourmaster Flex 3 four season jacket and wear the armored mesh piece with the pants. This is a great combination, with the ventilation of the jacket and the ability to leave the pants on when walking in to work, the mall, etc., to maintain ATGATT. When the temperatures cool down I will go back to my Hi-Viz one piece. The best of both worlds. (Posted on 7/26/14)
- Well made - very solidReview by Bart
I recently bought a pair of Darian pants to replace my (badly) aging pair of Marsee Adventure Gear pants, which are no longer made. The Darians fit nicely over the same size jeans. The workmanship is top notch - very well sewn and sealed. They started out quite stiff, but they're beginning to loosen up a little. It has been quite cool (for California) with temperatures below freezing, and these have kept me quite comfortable at 75 mph on my daily commute on my naked (no fairings) motorcycle.
I look forward to replacing the jacket with a Darian jacket - the Aerostich quality is quite compelling. Good gear, well made here in the USA. Would definitely buy again.
(Posted on 12/19/13)
- Mixed ReviewReview by John
- I've had these pants for a couple seasons and can say that when the zippers work, the pants are wonderful. I ordered the same size I wear in a street pant and they fit over my street clothes perfectly. I do tuck my street pants into boots if it's raining as these ride up enough that street pants poke out under them and will get wet, but other than that the fit is just right. And the finish is fantastic. I have these in black and can get away with wearing the Darien pants with any of my gear, into store, etc., without them seeming out of place or jumping out at you – very non-descript. They are also entirely, perfectly, completely waterproof in the worst conditions I've ridden in. That said, I've had two zipper failures now, and while the folks at Aerostich could not have been more cordial or collegial, I have to wonder if I would buy these again. I had the fly zipper bust open at one point and last week at the far end of a loop ride, I had a leg zipper stop come off and the bottom zipper with it - I had to ride home without the pants. I dont think i put unusual stresses on the zippers because of my size or misuse, and havent worn the pants more than thirty or forty times, so am having some concern over the failures. I'm going to send it in for repairs and then figure out whether to keep them or sell them. (Posted on 9/19/13)
- Darien Zipper FailureReview by Joseph
Purchased Darien Pants and Jacket as Christmas present from my wife in December 2012. On 28 August Aerostich refunded the price of the pants plus shipping I paid to return them three times for failed zippers.
I ride year round in Seattle WA and love the Darien suit, but the new "waterproof" zippers are very weak. In fact the second time in I requested and received the old style zipper and several teeth fell out of it within a few days. So, my message to Aerostich is that your competitors have improved their product over the last 13 years and if you want to stay on top, then don't make changes to your zippers without testing them a few thousand times. My last pair went five years before a zipper failure. Lastly and most importantly, thank you for the excellent customer service. (Posted on 9/19/13)
- Snap broke first time onReview by Martin E.
- When I put the pants on for the first time the right side waist snap just came off. I would send them back but it's easier just to get them fixed locally. The fit is a bit tighter than my FirstGear pants (same waist size) and the material is quite stiff making them somewhat awkward to get on and off over my boots in the parking lot at work... maybe they'll loosen up as they break in. Anyway they do keep out the rain and are warm enough on cold mornings. (Posted on 9/14/13)
- Love them BUT.....Review by Daniel
My second pair of Dariens, I bought these as a "training garment" and found no issues..
The second time I wore them was to the MN BMW Rally and about 1 hour after arriving the fly zipper just gave up. Trying to get it to operate, 3 teeth fell off.. I bought these pants a size larger than I normally wear, so I can't blame it on being tight.
Anyway, the new RiRi zipper may be waterproof, but I won't trust another one of them. The pants have been returned for repair, and a YYK zipper was requested. During the rally I was informed by several other people of RiRi zipper failure..
Not sure what RiRi stands for?? Maybe it's "your fly is open"??
I have 4 Darien jackets, a pair of Darien pants, and NUMEROUS "Stich" items throughout my house, car, and even desk at work (loved the stainless insulated bottle), and I'm not going to let this failure scare me away from Aerostich, but I will be a bit more cautious in the future.. (Posted on 6/9/13)
- Darien Pants 155Review by Kurt
- Got my pants and the very next day had a chilly 30 deg FLA winter ride on I75 45min to Gainesville. The pants were remarkably warm and comfortable. The "Fit" is perfect. Can't say enough about the Darien Pants..Thanks for making them in the USA (Posted on 1/17/13)
- Darien PantsReview by joe
- they fit perfectly and plenty of room to move around in with jeans underneath and very easy to put on and take off. i recomend these as well as my roadcrafter suit to fellow riders, thank you for the wonderfull products so far (Posted on 11/30/12)