Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (45)
- Another PairReview by wviands
- My first pair of these pants lasted four years with no issues. There really isn't anything wrong with them but I got fatter so I needed to get a bigger pair. I'm a daily year round commuter in Maryland so I hit the road in temps from 30F to 100F, rain or shine. Yes, they're warm in the summer but the protection is more important than some perspiration. I went down once in the rain at about 20 mph and slid on my side for about a hundred feet (oily road) and the only damage was a small hole in one pocket due to keys. No complaints about these pants. (Posted on 9/2/11)
- Hot in the Ozark MountainsReview by Kinghawg
- I wore them for the first time last weekend. Temps in the high 90's. I had golf shorts on underneath but may have been more comfortable with blue jeans. And, I would guess a color other than black might help. I'm sure that they will work great when it cools off a bit but it's going to be a challenge to wear all the gear all the time when it's summer in the Ozarks. (Posted on 8/29/11)
- Not for meReview by TB
- I've had a Darien Jacket for years. I thought I'd try the pants and just could not make myself like them. They're black, absorb heat, but the zipper lets air in. They're slippery on my seat and I slide around too much. I sold them to someone else who loves them. Now I'm in BMW leather when it's cold and Rukka when it's not. I've found that I don't like the zipper up the leg thing. (Posted on 6/23/11)
- Sturdy, Durable, and Rad pantsReview by lobojon
You could see my Darien jacket review for some other information.
The pants are a little breezy compared to my Belstaff. It is a shell after all. The side zippers are great for me since I wear 8” lace up boots. They are very roomy for additional layers and are very comfortable. The belt and zipper are great for wearing around like pants. The ankle adjustment strips improved insulation. I also like that I can chose where to attach the hip pads. It took me a few attempts to locate a suitable location while riding.
Wash it to loosen it up a little if it is too stiff.
Get these pants. You will not be disappointed. (Posted on 11/12/10)
- Great GearReview by Matt
- I have had them for about 200 miles now. Just got to work, 20 mile commute in 36 degree temps. I like these pants, warm and the fit is excellent. Leg adjustement is good. I wish they folded up better with the knee pads, but other than that I look forward to many miles with them. (Posted on 10/20/10)
- Impressed so farReview by Pat Kaz
- I just got these pants in last week and got to test them during a thunderstorm this morning, made it to work with a soaked jacket and gloves but my jeans were bone dry, other than a little dampness at the cuffs (probably because I wasn't wearing gaiters) I look forward to many miles in these pants. (Posted on 9/8/10)
- Great pantsReview by Marius E.
- I ordered the Darien pants with optional curved hip pads (#1053). The quality and protection is top notch. I wear blue jeans underneath. The crotch area is tight with the optional curved hip pads, so you may want to go up a size for added comfort if you order the curved hip pads. The knee pads were too high on my knee caps when sitting on the bike, so i adjusted them to fit my knee caps properly. With the side zippers up, I can maneuver the Darien pants over my Aerostitch Combat Touring Boots (#480). The lower leg segment fits perfectly over the boots and there is a snap button on the bottom. I ride in 90+ degree weather in Florida and have no problems with overheating. Actually, the pants protect my inner lower legs from engine heat at stops. There is no flapping of the pants at highway speeds (70-80 mph). I was completely dry in a constant downpour. I had no distractions in the rain and was comfortable in the Darien Jacket and pants. The comfort gets better each time you ride. When storing, I hang the pants by the belt on a hanger with 2" shoulder notches and allow them to hang dry. I definitely recommend the Darien pants to anyone. The price justifies itself with the quality, durability and protection. Thank you Aerostitch! (Posted on 12/14/09)
- Crash TestedReview by Silviu Stanescu
- I´ve had my Darien Pants for aprox 50.000 Miles. I live in the tropics. These pants have seen every kind of weather, from 110F in the hot plains and coastal regions to 30 F in the Andes. Tropical rainstorms are no match for the Goretex. They fit great and are very confortable even in very hot weather. A couple of months ago, I even had the chance to crash test them: due to an unseen hazzard on the road, I went down at aprox 50 MPH and slid on the pavement for about 30 yards on my butt and left hip. Thanks to my Darien Pants I was TOTALLY unharmed, not even a single tiny scratch or bruise. The pants held up perfectly, showing only a couple dime-sized holes on the hip area and a smaller one on the back pocket where my wallet was (also unharmed), they held so well infact that there is no need to replace them, but when the time comes, I know I´ll get a second pair without even looking around at other brands. (Posted on 11/23/09)
- Great pantsReview by Sambone
- A friend gave it to me, almost five years now. I was skeptic of pants' claims. It is comfortable to wear, easy on and off with boots and it is waterproof (no wet spot around the crotch area). I wore this pants on very ride. I wish that I got this pants long ago. (Posted on 11/21/09)
- Great Pants!Review by Paul
- I received my Darien pants 2 days before leaving on a 5,000 mile cross country journey. Aerostich customer service spent almost an hour on the phone with me trying to track down my size in stock (thanks Christine!!!). The pants fit pretty good (a little long when standing/walking which I expected with my size 38x30, but just right when on my bike). I rode through all sorts of weather...high of 102 degrees, low of 33 degrees....sunny days, rainy days, and even a couple hours of snow flurries in the Rockies. The pants were great. I was a little warm above 90 and a little cool below 40, but that is to be expected. I have no regrets at all, as a matter of fact, I wish I had bought these pants a long time ago. I'll be ordering the Darien Jacket as soon as I recover from the expense of my trip! (Posted on 10/3/09)