Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (36)
- How do I spell awesome?Review by Greg
- I spell it D.A.R.I.E.N. that's how. I bought the standard Darien Light in Grey & custom Darien Light pants (extra 3"). Just got back from an 8 day / ~4000KMs bike camping trip around costal New Brunswick, Gaspé Peninsula and Saguenay Lac Saint-Jean. Encountered hot days, cold days, and heavy rain days. The jacket & pants performed flawlessly! I've owned MANY jackets & pants & I love not having to put on "sweat-box" rain gear any more!!! These have delivered me from infernal rainsuits, yahoo!! Don't know why I waited so flippin' long to get them. Loved having a large pocket on the front for maps, love the magnetized colar, etc. Only minor complaint would be to have the fleece windblocker liner a bit longer (I'm 6'4") to prevent lower back "windage". (Posted on 9/10/12)
- Good StuffReview by Moto Photojournalist
- I got the Darien Light pants and jacket while my roadcrafter went in for minor repairs after 108,000 miles. The roadcrafter is pretty hot in the summer riding around in the Mid-Atlantic area so I thought Id try the Darien Light suit. Ive ridden 2000 miles with trips from VA to upstate NY and VA to GA in the past two weeks. Ive been in heavy rain, really hot and really cool conditions and this suit is the best all around suit Ive ever owned.......hands down I'll replace it when I wear it out. Love it. (Posted on 6/15/12)
- Best Jacket EverReview by George
I have had the Darien Light jacket for about three months and 7,000 miles. This jacket has worked flawlessly in temperatures from 25F to 95F. It has been in numerous rains including a couple frog-stranglers, and have remained completely dry. The ventilation is superior as is the design. I use the back protector also.
My only regret is not having purchased this jacket years ago. I look forward to many years and many miles of use. (Posted on 6/7/12)
- Darien LightReview by Lyal 650
- I went up to Areostich s open house in 2011 and first of all had a great time meeting everyone that was present.A interesting tour to see first hand how items are hand built.Bought a prototype Darien Light, good move! My gals a seemstress and did some minor hemming to "complete" a great jacket.Took it on a trip around Minnesota and it went from 80 down to 40s and raining.I was amazed how a "light" was so effective! Gotta get the pants next, riding 40+ years and the best gear is made right HERE!Thanks! (Posted on 3/27/12)
- First and LastReview by Gunner
- I purchase the Darien Light jacket and pants after reviewing what others had to say about these products. This is the first riding suit I have ever used and it will be the last. I don't think any other products could surpass the quality and fit and finish of this riding gear. I bought the jacket at the factory and ordered pants to be sent to me later. The pants color didn't exactly match the jacket so they asked me to send the jacket to them, postpaid, so that they could get a perfect match, which they did. Great customer service. I will buy other products from Aerostich in the future for sure! (Posted on 3/14/12)
- Great Jacket! Wonderful Company!Review by Jack
Received this Darian Light Jacket for my birthday from my wife. I decided I wanted a different color. Called Aerostich. Done and Done. Turns out when you need service there are people on the other end of the phone. Good people, who listen! What a novel idea.
The Darian Light Jacket is what I have been looking for. More than enough pockets and where you want them. The Jacket is well made. I've been wearing it on rides here in Colorado with a heated jacket liner and long sleeve t-shirt. Comfy in even below freezing weather. I also own a one piece suit from another company that is just too hard to get in and out of and a 2 year old jacket also from another company that has already seen better days. This jacket has replaced both. Should have listened to those who had one and bought this first. If you are going to get one jacket for long trips, you can't go wrong with this one. (Posted on 3/5/12)
- Best I ever ownedReview by Rudy
- i have been riding for 35 years with different brands of jackets and always settled. then i bought the Darien Light and love it so much i bought a second as a back up and the Darien pants. i have ridden in -10 degrees C in the jacket with the liner and pants and never felt uncomfortable at all. it is water proof as i was searching for thunderstorms to ride through as this is my way of testing the gear. awesome i still have my two jackets and pants and have sold my other gear. guess now it's time to order some gloves. (Posted on 1/20/12)
- Right JacketReview by Kujo
- After looking at jackets of all brands, I was frustrated the European manufacturers were consistently narrow in the shoulder and long in the sleeves. Aerostich was recommended by a serious rider. The sizing chart placed me in a 42 and when it arrived with liner it was perfect. I am 5'9" / 170 lbs. Yes, it was stiff on arrival with a high collar that felt restrictive at first. After four hours of riding in 38 degree F weather, the jacket is starting to soften and it is truly wind proof and very warm. Will put many miles on this jacket. (Posted on 12/20/11)
- Peak Performance All Down the LineReview by Joseph
- I already owned a Falstaff and love it but needed something for temperatures 80 and above. I thought the Darien light would be the perfect adjunct to what I already thought was a perfect jacket. The tan color is very smart and visible in daylight without being garish. The whole jacket looks and feels great. The material is light, breathable and waterproof. And the venting! The Darien beats any other jacket cold on hot and very hot days. Open the sleeves and let them channel the air in and around you and out the side and back vents -- cools better than anything I've ever worn. And you never have to worry about a sudden shower. Now it's mid-October with temperatures in the 60's and the Darien's still comfortable. So I guess it's my Falstaff to handle anything from November through March, and the Darien for April through October. I'm covered, literally and in every way. (Posted on 10/18/11)
- Darien Light JacketReview by Warren
- This is a fantastic jacket. I returned the first one because it seemed too big and loose. I went down one size from what I normally wear and now I'm very happy. The collar is tall and stiff at first but it's breaking in and I'm learning how to handle it in warm weather. The collar works great in the cold as it keeps your neck warm. I love this Darien Light because the outer shell is waterproof, unlike many other jackets that have only an inner liner that's waterproof. The jacket uses good armor which is easy to remove for washing purposes. The crown jewel of the jacket is the venting. You've got the under arm and back vents but the ram-air that is attainable up the sleeve cuffs (when expanded) is what really pumps the air through this jacket. The cuffs can be zippered down and the velcro tightened up for a comfortably snug fit when it's cold out, however, when the sun comes out just loosen all that up and let the sleeve cuffs ride over your gloves and get ready for the A/C! So by opening the cuffs, the under arm and back vents plus turning down the collar and unzipping the top portion of the jacket you've got the cooling of a mesh outfit, only this one is waterproof. I highly recommend this jacket. It works well from cold to hot outside temps. It costs but it's worth it. (Posted on 10/6/11)