Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (19)
Items 11 to 19 of 19 total
- Aerostich Kanetsu AIRVANTAGE Electric Vest Review by Sertaç Tülek
- I would firstly like to thank you. I gave the order, one week later, came to Turkey. Vests are very successful do not feel the cold in this cold winter days. Thank you. (Posted on 2/11/12)
- Perfect for Virginia wintersReview by brian
I'm still dialing it in, but the Kanetsu vest is probably the best gear purchase I've made for cold weather. The quality is great- the stitching, cable management, and fabric are top notch. The power switch is easy to use with gloves, and its status light is so bright that I just look at the red glow on my handlebar to verify it's turned on.
I've run the gamut from roasting to freezing in my effort to figure out what works, and these are the configurations I've come up with for the best comfort, particularly since I don't have the temperature controller:
>60F: Any shirt as a base layer, vest powered off with bladder blown up under a riding jacket.
>50F: Long sleeves with the vest powered on over it, followed by my riding jacket
>40F: Long sleeves, vest powered on, sweater over the vest, then riding jacket. All-day comfort on a naked bike.
>25F: Same as 40F, but only for about 40 miles.
For you hard-core folks with real winters, it may be inadequate on an unfaired bike, but I used it on a rented Street Glide and I was completely fine in some really frigid weather.
Great product and I definitely recommend it. (Posted on 1/8/12)
- Aerostich Kanetsu Airadvantage Vest with zip-off sleevesReview by Motormaniac
- I upgraded from the regular Kanetsu vest with zip-off sleeves, to the Airadvantage. I have used the regular Kanetsu for many years. Although I was generally satisfied with the thermal benefits, I was always uncomfortable with the tight fit and the friction between the 'fuzzy' outer material of the vest and my Aerostich Roadcrafter suit, making it difficult to get in and out of the suit. The Airadvantage solves both problems with its 'adjustable' fit and its 'slippery' outer surface. Getting in and out of my Roadcrafter is easier and I'm a lot more comfortable. The thermal comfort seems to have been improved as well. I highly recommend getting the optional quick-connect cord. An excellent product, though not inexpensive - I wouldn't take a motorcycle trip without it. (Posted on 12/12/11)
- 3 winters nowReview by mike
- Going into my 4th winter with this vest. Great investment. Last winter in Colorado -3 was the high going along the divide for 2 days. Pricey but I would buy it again. (Posted on 11/22/11)
- cool jacketReview by trnsndnt
- Probably one of the coolest articles of clothing I've ever purchased and certainly one of the most practical. I'm a medium guy w. not much of a belly for 52 and the vest fits very snuggly. If you're a little bigger in the gut I'd suggest going up to a large. (Posted on 11/12/11)
- keeps me warmReview by jm
- This vest is great, I have used it with and without the sleeves, more efficient with the sleeves, they prevent air from entering the vest if your outer shell is not wind proof. Depending on temperature you can use it different ways: Zipped or unzipped, with or without the sleeves, inflated or not , with the heat on or not. I was caught in the rain with it it, kept me dry underneath my dreached jacket! I dont go out without it .... (Posted on 8/27/11)
- Good but...Review by Curtis
- desperately needs handwarmer pockets to make it useful without a jacket on top of it. Ribbed cuffs on the zip sleeves would be more comfortable and fit better under the outer jacket. It's warm and it works but with its premium price not quite Great. (Posted on 4/28/11)
- Works as describedReview by Art
- I should have bought this vest long ago. It makes riding in early spring temperatures enjoyable, rather than something to be endured. The inflatable feature is pure genius. I highly recommend it. (Posted on 4/27/11)
- Aerostich Kanetsu AIRVANTAGE Electric Vest is very impressive. The air bladder is great too.Review by Brad
- This is my second season with this vest. I use it with electric gloves. I have ridden in temperatures as low as 15 degrees and have never been cold. I like the heat generated by the vest and I also like the air bladder. With a mouth piece in the right high breast compartment, I can inflate to comfort level once it is on. I was truly amazed at how effective it is. (Posted on 11/2/09)
Items 11 to 19 of 19 total