Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (7)
- Why did I wait so long......Review by JB
This is the best heated jacket on the market. Years of using other brands has taught me to just stick with the company that is for Riders, by Riders.
Sizing was perfect - I went by my Stich size (hint - the sizing guidelines are accurate - 44S stich - 44 Aerostich Kanetsu AIRVANTAGE Electric Liner)
The air bladder makes all the difference! Added 30+ days to my riding year this winter alone.
Only one change that I think could improve the off bike comfort - Hand warmer pockets.
On bike - Perfect. Air bladder makes for a custom fit every ride. No hot spots, just warmth. The on-off button is simple to use with gloves.
JB- (Posted on 3/28/16)
- On My Must Have ListReview by Dan
- Somewhere in the middle of my 25 mile commute tonight riding along in 5 (yes, five) degree weather, I promised myself I would recommend this product later tonight. I have nearly 7 years and about 80K miles of year-round commuting under my belt. I've used a lot of products to keep warm, including a Roadcrafter, Roper gauntlets, MotorMitts, fleece bandana, silk scarf, Combat Lites and a now-retired BWM vest, but it struck me tonight that once the temperature gets down around freezing and below, my Airvantage liner is a necessity. Kudos! (Posted on 1/24/13)
- airvantageReview by Ed
- looks + fits fine . plan to ride test soon (Posted on 1/9/13)
- Worth the $Review by JohnWa
- Purchased as a liner for my Darien Jacket and couldn't be happier. Was a little hesitant with the price, but after using the jacket on some <32° mornings going to work, I can say it is definitely worth the money! (Posted on 3/21/12)
- ToastyReview by Julian
Toasty, toasty, toasty. The first time I wore it was on an early morning run to Santa Cruz. I do not believe I have ever been so warm and comfortable on a (relatively) cold day. Admittedly, it is not 36 degrees and raining in the Yukon, when I think maybe nothing will keep you warm, but I'm not there, so this is definitely all right.
I have now worn it several more times, both as a liner for my Darien and under a Roadcrafter. So far it keeps me warm and comfortable. I am experimenting with variations of inflation and not turning it on, and so far I have always found a good combination. A great liner. Thank you. (Posted on 2/10/12)
- Great idea not so great in practiceReview by Thmastr
I have had my kanetsu jacket for about 2 months of which I have used it about 40 hours. During the first 10 hours of use the jacket was amazing highly insulating against the cold wind creeping into my suit, and warm as could be! Simply put, an amazing product!
after the initial 10 hours of use the air bladder started deflating, and loosing pressure. By the end of my 50 minute commute there would not be as much pressure against my back which means the heating elements were not keeping me as warm.
I contacted Aerostich and they replaced the stem valve (what you use to inflate the air bladder). GREAT, TIMELY AND RESPONSIVE.
by then I had worn the jacket for about 30+ hours. Soon after I got the jacket back, it developed the same problem. 1 week after that some of the wiring on the left sleeve stopped working. And this also seems to have affected the upper left back/left shoulder area. I am a little disillusioned with the product but I have no doubt that Aerostich's great customer service will handle this situation in a manner that leaves both parties happy... update to come soon (Posted on 10/29/10)
- great product, keeps me warmReview by wecm31
- I ride early in the morning when the temperature is just above the freezing point and this jacket has made it comfortable. I used to have to bundle up like the Michelin man, now this jacket under my regular riding jacket and all is toasty warm. I quickly found that the on/off switch was a PITA, I installed the power controller on my dash and find it much more comfortable. I can't take full power for more than a few minutes, gets too hot. Warmth is very even, jacket is very comfortable. On trips it even doubles as a casual jacket. I also like the way if collapses into its own pouch, handy for stowing or lashing to the luggage rack. (Posted on 4/26/10)