Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (44)
- Riding my way.Review by Jack
- Received a pair of these for Christmas. I tend to wear jeans when riding and these offer some protection while still looking pretty much like regular jeans. And when done for the day it takes 30 seconds to remove the pads and not have to make major wardrobe changes. Plan on buying a second set for an upcoming longer (3 week) ride. I normally wear a classic cut jean and, as others have pointed out, these are not a true classic cut, but built for legs a tad heavier than mine. I suspect that is an intentional design so the pads, when installed, aren't so obvious. If they come out with a slightly more slender cut I will be first in line. Until then these are going to be my go to riding jeans. (Posted on 1/19/12)
- Great beans, but knee pads are highReview by Bill
- I wear size 31x32 Levi's so I ordered a size 32x32 with the knee pads. With a belt I am happy with the fit around my waist. I had to have the length shortened by 2 inches because there was plenty of extra length. The denim material is tough and high quality. They are on the baggy side especially in the crotch area, so when sitting on a sportbike the kneepads get pulled up above my knees. I don't think this would not happen on a crusier style motorcycle though. (Posted on 8/28/11)
- Knee pads location still an issueReview by XGS'r
The jeans are great by themselves and if you are just looking for a pair of pants that you can do a long asphalt slide in then these will do the job. They seem a little longer than advertised but look good cuffed and fit great when riding.
The knee pad pockets however are located too high on my 34" inseam leg. Seated on my bike (Italian adventure-poser) the pads rest on my lower thighs, my knees are completely below the pads. (Posted on 8/9/11)
- So Far, So GoodReview by mr. average
- Pretty happy with these so far. They're perfect for my short commute or for errands around town. Fit is great for me (34/30) and the pads sit right where they do in my Roadcrafter and Darien light pants. The waistband rivet pulled apart during the first washing/drying but the return & replacement were quick and painless and the second pair is fine. Comfortable and good looking; I just pull the pads out when I get to work and they pretty much look like normal jeans...... as advertised. (Posted on 6/22/11)
- Too short Review by Jump
- Too short, too short, too short, too short....oh yeah how bout a 35/36 ? (Posted on 6/22/11)
- Just Plain AWESOMEReview by bls72bmw
- I would buy these jeans just to wear... they look great, fashionable. The heavy duty deep blue dye of the denim is nice and the fit well with the gusset. Got the knee inserts and though they do add a slight bulk, when taken out they look like normal jeans. After the redesign the knee pads are in the right places. Highly Recommend this product. ORDER YOUR SIZE OR SLIGHTLY SMALLER- I am a 31" inseam so I ordered a 32"...way too long as the inseam on these jeans is probably measured from the gusset- so got a 30" pair and they fit GREAT! (Posted on 5/19/11)
- Good Product - Some CommentsReview by Robert
These are well-constructed jeans. I think the knee pad position is just fine - they ride in the appropriate place when in the riding position on the bike. The pads are the same as in my Roadcrafter suit, so I decided to try to just use the same pair, but that is a mistake. It is hard to get the pads in and out of the Roadcrafter, so a second set of pads is well worth the price. I am a little disappointed in the fit. I wear Levi style 501 in 36-32 so I ordered these in the same size and found the waist on the Protekt jeans pretty snug. Also, while the protekt jeans are a good length for riding, my inseam is actually a 31, so I think these Protekt jeans run a little bit on the small side. With repeated wearings they have broken in a bit, but take this in to account if you are "between sizes" and size UP.
(Posted on 5/10/11)
- Kneepads do not cover the kneesReview by tom
- Very high quality jeans with one exception, the "knee pads" sit on top of my thighs instead of on my knees. And since I washed them (they are like jeans 20 yrs ago - stiff until washed), they are not returnable. After paying $130, I have to sell them on ebay to recoup some of my loss. (Posted on 5/9/11)
- A good start on a potentially great pantReview by Ruger
These jeans would be great with a few more features added. I won't name names but there's another US company making riding jeans which use Kevlar, a Diamond Gusset crotch, and add a leg pocket, a very secure "D" ring and velcro cuff closures for about the same price. And they come in black.
No knee pockets but then strap-on knee and shin protection worn under the pants is far more effective than a floating pad which would probably end up twisted around the side of the knee in a fall.
With a few more features these jeans could really be called riding jeans.
(Posted on 5/6/11)
- I can't even try themReview by VintageDirt
- Why don't you offer 34-36? In fact non of the lengths don't go above 34. (Posted on 5/6/11)