Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (42)
- Knee pads location still an issueReview by XGS'r
The jeans are great by themselves and if you are just looking for a pair of pants that you can do a long asphalt slide in then these will do the job. They seem a little longer than advertised but look good cuffed and fit great when riding.
The knee pad pockets however are located too high on my 34" inseam leg. Seated on my bike (Italian adventure-poser) the pads rest on my lower thighs, my knees are completely below the pads. (Posted on 8/9/11)
- So Far, So GoodReview by mr. average
- Pretty happy with these so far. They're perfect for my short commute or for errands around town. Fit is great for me (34/30) and the pads sit right where they do in my Roadcrafter and Darien light pants. The waistband rivet pulled apart during the first washing/drying but the return & replacement were quick and painless and the second pair is fine. Comfortable and good looking; I just pull the pads out when I get to work and they pretty much look like normal jeans...... as advertised. (Posted on 6/22/11)
- Too short Review by Jump
- Too short, too short, too short, too short....oh yeah how bout a 35/36 ? (Posted on 6/22/11)
- Just Plain AWESOMEReview by bls72bmw
- I would buy these jeans just to wear... they look great, fashionable. The heavy duty deep blue dye of the denim is nice and the fit well with the gusset. Got the knee inserts and though they do add a slight bulk, when taken out they look like normal jeans. After the redesign the knee pads are in the right places. Highly Recommend this product. ORDER YOUR SIZE OR SLIGHTLY SMALLER- I am a 31" inseam so I ordered a 32"...way too long as the inseam on these jeans is probably measured from the gusset- so got a 30" pair and they fit GREAT! (Posted on 5/19/11)
- Good Product - Some CommentsReview by Robert
These are well-constructed jeans. I think the knee pad position is just fine - they ride in the appropriate place when in the riding position on the bike. The pads are the same as in my Roadcrafter suit, so I decided to try to just use the same pair, but that is a mistake. It is hard to get the pads in and out of the Roadcrafter, so a second set of pads is well worth the price. I am a little disappointed in the fit. I wear Levi style 501 in 36-32 so I ordered these in the same size and found the waist on the Protekt jeans pretty snug. Also, while the protekt jeans are a good length for riding, my inseam is actually a 31, so I think these Protekt jeans run a little bit on the small side. With repeated wearings they have broken in a bit, but take this in to account if you are "between sizes" and size UP.
(Posted on 5/10/11)
- Kneepads do not cover the kneesReview by tom
- Very high quality jeans with one exception, the "knee pads" sit on top of my thighs instead of on my knees. And since I washed them (they are like jeans 20 yrs ago - stiff until washed), they are not returnable. After paying $130, I have to sell them on ebay to recoup some of my loss. (Posted on 5/9/11)
- A good start on a potentially great pantReview by Ruger
These jeans would be great with a few more features added. I won't name names but there's another US company making riding jeans which use Kevlar, a Diamond Gusset crotch, and add a leg pocket, a very secure "D" ring and velcro cuff closures for about the same price. And they come in black.
No knee pockets but then strap-on knee and shin protection worn under the pants is far more effective than a floating pad which would probably end up twisted around the side of the knee in a fall.
With a few more features these jeans could really be called riding jeans.
(Posted on 5/6/11)
- I can't even try themReview by VintageDirt
- Why don't you offer 34-36? In fact non of the lengths don't go above 34. (Posted on 5/6/11)
- Wish I could get a pairReview by Tallboy
- I would really like to buy a pair of these but like everything else in america they are made for folks on the chunkey side. I believe in evolution and as a species we are getting taller. So, if you want to market to the future of motorcycle riders maybe you should offer a 34 waist 37 inseam? Please? Maybe call it the Protekt Svelte? Or just Skinny Punk Jeans? I don't care.... (Posted on 5/5/11)
- Great, innovative, fantasticReview by D.W.
- Absolutely love these riding jeans. You can't go wrong with them. Every where I go, I get stares, questions, and complements in regards to these. The one knock on this is that I can't get the knee pads to stay where I want to at times. But the ability to wear decent looking jeans, that are comfortable, protective, and durable you can't go wrong. (Posted on 12/2/10)