Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (28)
- The things just work and quite wellReview by Alfredo Fettuccine
I bought these gloves, and after my first stop at my local bank, and touching the ATM touch screen, they simply worked, and did so beautifully. For those fearful of needing to dab something on the finger tips to get them to work, just get out there and ride your damn motorcycle.
I did nothing special but ride, and they worked first try. I'll buy another pair when these wear out. Thanks for making something that looks great, feels great, and just works. (Posted on 8/13/12)
- Best gloves ever . . . Review by Steve
- . . . for adventure type boonie bashing. This my second pair. I bought the new ones only because I wanted them not to replace the other pair. they simply will not wear out and have developed excellent "character". You will not be disappointed. (Posted on 8/10/12)
- New work glovesReview by Wes
Similar experience to others and I wish I would've read the reviews in detail rather than the description and sizing chart.
I waited about a month for my order and of course didn't have them prior to a week long trip with my iPhone as my music and GPS. I should've left my Zumo installed...
They fit about a half size big and the left glove is more like a full size big. My hands are identical in size and no other gloves I own fit like this, so its not due to my hands IMHO.
Staying with the QC theme, the wiper on the left thumb is poorly installed and varies in how much protrudes from the glove making it mostly useless. That being said, I have rain gloves so I don't see it being a feature I'd ever use anyway.
On a positive note, the material is thinker than other similar work gloves I have and appears to be very durable. Its also very soft and pliable.
I was considering ordering another pair a half size smaller than what the sizing chart indicated but what I consider poor QC has kept me from doing so. I'll now try to convince my wife to extract the touchscreen thread from these gloves and insert them into some of my other gloves.
You can also tell that they're not motorcycle gloves as they're not built with any pre-curve and thus suffer from material bunching at the base of you fingers/palm when gripping the handlebar. Very comfortable to wear, just not in use.
I should note that I'm a glove snob, I have on the order of 10 pairs mostly from Revit, BMW and Held so I guess you could say I've made an unfair comparison to a modified work glove.
Normally Aerostich stuff is of reasonable quality but I have to be honest and say that I wouldn't recommend these gloves for motorcycle use. (Posted on 7/3/12)
- 99% PositiveReview by jbhawley
I've been wearing the touchscreen roper gloves for over a month now...daily commutes and a couple longer road trips. As others mention the gloves do run large. At least 1/2 size.
Break-in was not an issue. If you have ever worn real leather work gloves then you know leather is a bit stiff at first and then the more you wear the better the gloves will contour to your hands. If you have wuss hands and think the goat skinned golfing gloves are more your style then these may not be for you. Hey...man up...they are leather gloves and made to last. GHEESH!
Over all these are 99% great gloves. The minor 1% is a bit of a distraction. The portion of the glove that is between the ring and little (pinky) finger is bulky. It is a very minor point but one I think could be adjusted by the mfg.
The touch screen portion works nice after a few days of wear...gotta build up some skin oils on the threads to get the conductivity to work. The gloves are too bulky for text-ing while wearing but to answer a smart phone or scan your itunes they work as advertised.
Hey Andy...how about a new line of the touchscreen gloves: gauntlet, lined, competition...just add the conductive thread to all your current line up. I would like to have a set of these for the cold weather riding months. (Posted on 6/19/12)
- The most comfortable glove.........Review by Tele130
I use my iPhone on my '06 Concours as my GPS and a music source. I also listen to "Pod Casts" or "Pandora Radio"......(Yes, I've heard both sides to this argument. To each his own). So I saw these gloves and figured for the cost, it's hard to go wrong. When they arrived, I put them on expecting a break-in period. Not so. These gloves are the most comfortable glove of ANY kind I've ever put my hand into. The sizing chart is dead on. The stitching in the finger tips really does allow the use of your touch screen devices as advertised. However, I have a waterproof mounting case that I put my iPhone in while riding......(besides being secure, I never have to worry about it getting wet). and as it turns out, these gloves won't activate the touch screen while in the case. That's OK, their still the most comfortable glove I've ever owned.......FANTASTIC!! I also treated the gloves with Mink Oil paste and let it soak in over two days before wiping off the excess. Then I ran the gloves under warm water getting them as wet as possible and then wore them tell they were dry. The fit is impeccable!!! Aerostitch is a great place to get all your riding apparel.
I did have an issue with "Fed-EX" letting my shipment sit for three days in their warehouse (over the weekend). Not happy about that at all! My next order will be handled by the USPS!!!!!! (Posted on 6/16/12)
- Touchy SubjectReview by SoCalDon
- They work great on the phone although a build up, or knot of magnetic thread irritates my finger. Would like the gauntlet version of the glove for winter… (Posted on 6/8/12)
- Couldn't Imagine Review by Wolfy
I got both my wife and I a pair of these gloves and we love them.
Her only complaint is that her hand get cold when the temp. is below 45. They are a little big for her even with the smallest size made. She still really likes them and she is able to keep her gloves on and use her phone or GPS while we ride. And yes she is the Pillion.
As for me I would have NEVER thought these gloves where that great. They are soft and comfortable after they are broken in. The touch screen thread doesn't always work but I guess it is better than always taking my gloves off to punch something into the GPS. I do have to say that the best part of these gloves came after I had to send them in for warranty work.
We rode to the coast and I used my old gloves that I got new last year and are still in great shape. They have all the modern features plus some and I THOUGHT I really liked them. By the time we got to the coast, only 180 miles from home, my hands were killing me. The weekend before we rode 860 miles in 26 hours and fatigue was not an issue. The only change was the gloves.
I got my replacement gloves last night and can't wait to get them broken in again. For such basic design, other than the touch screen, AeroStitch has done a great job with the design and materials used in these gloves.
Get and pair for yourself and I'm sure you will find the same thing true.
(Posted on 6/1/12)
- Great GlovesReview by seayakerrob
- These are great gloves. Very comfortable, excellent fit. They work great with my iphone although I would not try and type a email with them on. Work well enough to turn on a nav app, skip song or answer the phone. The inside leather is very soft on the skin and they seem like they have plenty of protection if needed. (Posted on 5/25/12)
- Great gloves, with one tiny flawReview by IT_Mike
Overall, I love these gloves.
Soft, comfortable, great fit, and the ability to wipe other peoples windshield washer fluid off you faceshield on the fly. The touchscreen stitching works very well.
Speaking of the stitching...it's on the wrong side of the thumb. I don't know anyone who operates a touchscreen with the outside of their thumb. (Posted on 3/15/12)
- Bloody Brilliant GlovesReview by Scotty
- I received these gloves a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier. They look, feel and perform exactly as advertised, and I absolutely love them. I did have a small issue with one of the closure tags coming away, but closer inspection revealed where the sewing machine must've had a slight hiccup (all other stitching appear to be fine). I was very impressed with the customer service I received from Aerostitch. They moved to act immediately and effectively, but since it was only a minor thing, I had an upholsterer mate of mine just sew it back up for me. Good as gold again, and have been flawless ever since. I will definitely be ordering the winter gauntlets when it starts to get colder here (Sydney Australia). (Posted on 2/28/12)