Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (29)
- Silk ScarfReview by SlabRider
- I was disappointed that the Black scarf was back ordered, but the cheery and prompt substitution of a white scarf kept me happy. (Posted on 6/11/12)
- Comfortable, SimpleReview by mateo
Comfortable and oddly warm for it silkiness. You have to be a real man to pull off a white silk scarf in general company. Good news: Being white gets it dirty real quick.
Couple my chain-grease-stained scarf with a ratty scraped-up dual-sport and I can trick most strangers into thinking that I am that guy. (Posted on 4/13/12)
- waitingReview by Kimmer
- Love my standard weight white scarf;so I am looking forward to receiving Comp weight BLACK (Posted on 12/20/11)
- Silk ScarfReview by Sam
- A great addition to my wardrobe, it's warm and I receive compliments on it all of the time. (Posted on 12/13/11)
- Smooth as SilkReview by Henway
- Love it, got two, one for me, one as a gift. Seals out the cold AK air, and will be nice in summer, too. Feels chic. (Posted on 12/4/11)
- ScarfReview by West Coast
- Living on the West Coast we get a lot of cooler weather. The scarf keeps the cold wind off my neck. It makes the morning ride to work a lot more comfortable. (Posted on 11/8/11)
- It worksReview by Shoe
My new black silk scarf went with me on a 1500 mile ride the week it arrived. It does everything they say it will in the promo paragraph- it's cool and silky on the skin, stops the wind from going down your neck and stops all chafing. Excellent product I'm happy to wear.
Plus it freaks out all those biker night dudes who ride their Harley wearing no gear to see me on the Electra Glide with my full face Bell, full black leather suit and black scarf. They know they can't hang and part like the red sea to let me motor on by. (Posted on 10/11/11)
- scarfReview by Ian
from time to time I get a bit of rubbing around the neck area from my jacket so I thought I would have a crack at one of these scarves.
Brilliant. Not only does it help with movement free chaff but it keeps the cold out a tad more.
Haven't tried it for cooling yet but will do in a month or two (Posted on 10/6/11)
- Silk scarves are sexy, but...Review by Crotchety Geezer
This is not a review of this specific product, but of silk scarves in general. I've used one since the '70's and they are a very classy option but...
They show oil and grease, and when you fettle your own ride, you inevitably end up with oily fingers, which transfer oil to your beautiful silk scarf like iron filings to a magnet and in turn migrates to your neck, shirt collar, leather jacket, etc. While black silk doesn't show the grease too much, it doesn't stop this happening either.
Silk scarves are smooth and slippery and comfortable and much nicer against the skin than crusty nylon or stiff leather, but their very slipperiness means that as you ride the passing breeze tends to tease the scarf out from around your neck and it will have a tendency to fly down to the tarmac behind you. If you tie them in a knot, then they tighten up and become more like a rope than a sheet of cloth, thus no longer protecting your sunburnt neck.
So my advice is: don't work on your bike while wearing your scarf, or if you do use gloves to keep your hands clean; and get a clip of some kind to keep your scarf fixed where you want it, otherwise it will fly away.
(P.S. don't fight the tendency to make "whoosh" and "zoom" noises while wearing a white silk scarf: they bring out the inner fighter pilot in us all.) (Posted on 9/20/11)