Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (43)
- Best Jacket So FarReview by Erik Hoover
I purchased a Falstaff in early Spring this year to replace my 1-pc Roadcrafter. Far more comfortable than any other motorcycle jacket I've owned. I've worn it in a range of temperatures from 30s to 90s, rain or shine and it's superior to the Roadcrafter. I even had an opportunity to crash-test it last month and it did remarkably well (although the incident was perhaps 20-30mph) -nary a scuff and the armor did the job well.
I try to buy local whenever I can so the fact that it's made here in MN is a bonus and it's a stylish alternative to classic leather. My only complaint is that they don't make waxed cotton pants -I'd buy a pair based off the AD1s in a heartbeat. (Posted on 7/2/10)
- Great coat!!Review by Whofungpu
- 276 miles of pounding rain and not a drop got through. It does have to dry out after a wet ride, but I made it through the event, including a few rainy days, and the ride home with not a drop getting in. I really didn't expect it to perform like my textile coats, but I am glad I was wrong. Sizing chart said I was a large. Had to return it for the medium. (5'8" 190lbs) (Posted on 6/14/10)
- waxed cotton Rules!Review by gmengel
I bought my Falstaff in 2005 and it's till going strong! I wear it winter and summer, and never worry about precip getting in. Waxed cotton works GREAT!
It's heavy and the collar won't stay closed, but I rarely zip all the way up to my chin anyhow so I usually don't care. Big secure pockets and good venting - it's nice inside!
If you live in a dusty place, get the waxing kit. It'll give you something to do when the snows get deep. (Posted on 6/3/10)
- Excellent replacement for my aged RoadcrafterReview by Gregg
- When it came time to replace my Roadcrafter jacket, I wanted another 'Stitch. The Falstaff is all that and more. Huge pockets, great fit, super comfortable. The venting works quite well, though the heavier fabric and lining make it warmer than the Roadcrafter. I love the 3/4 length - no more riding up in back. I've only been in light rain so far, but it beaded up and rolled off. My only complaint is that the sleeve cuffs are little too wide, and bunch up when cinched down. (Posted on 5/20/10)
- Great Coat... Sizing?Review by Loren
- The Falstaff is a great coat. I have been wearing it over the past couple of weeks and it is more windproof than my other Stich. Lots of pockets! I will use this coat quite a bit in the Spring/Winter. I must warn you about sizing though. I ordered a large after talking to the folks at Aerostich twice, they agreed a large would be the size for me… No way! I wear a 44 Short Roadcrafter suit and a Medium Falstaff fits me almost perfectly. They do not mention on the website or on the phone that the Falstaff is cut larger than other coats. So if you don't like returning things be forewarned. (Posted on 4/22/10)
- Just recieved jacketReview by joeker
- Nothing hacks me off than paying a premium price and the product is made in China. I don't mind paying for a quilty but when I pay for it I want it. This jacket is very well made as you would expect for the price. It is a bargin. I will be riding around the world wearing this jacket this summer. If you can swing the price do yourself a favor and don't buy anything else. (Posted on 2/6/10)
- very happy with itReview by Eric
- great jacket, highly recommended. I bought mine about 4 years ago and wear it just about year round. Layering underneath is easy and comfortable. I'm smaller stature, so the pads didn't sit well on me and were uncomfortable. I bought a Bohn spandex armored thing and this works well and easily under the Falstaff. I've ridden in absolute downpours for hours (during a rally) and I got damp around the collar and the wrists, but that's it. Impressive jacket, I would buy another one if I needed to. (Posted on 1/15/10)
- Great Performance/Classic LookReview by Keith
- Though it is a little warm in Louisiana's mid-summer conditions, this is my favorite riding jacket. It is comfortable over a wide range of temperatures, accepts the accessories from my DarienLight jacket, is well armored, and looks very classy. A superior product... (Posted on 9/24/09)
- I think that it is a sham...Review by David Reid
- I think that it is a shame that more folks aren't aware of the virtues of waxed cotton! I wore a Belstaff Trailmaster for many a mile and it served me very well in wet and dry weather. I could simply layer up underneath and was usually comfy. The Falstaff is everything that my old Belstaff was and much more. I was sorry to see that Aerostitch didn't make pants to go with the jacket, but no worries, as they sold me the materials and my wife made me a nice pair. Over mitts are next! The Falstaff is extreemly comfortable, and dry in the rain. I can highly recommend it. (Posted on 10/7/08)
- Excellent jacket for ever...Review by Dave Roszina
- Excellent jacket for every condition with the Kanetsu liner. Pockets galore that are easy to use. Fully protects from cold and rain, and is appealing in any social situation. (Posted on 10/7/08)