Roadcrafter Classic One Piece Suit
- Product Review (submitted on March 22, 2011):
Back in 2001 I bit the bullet and bought my Roadcrafter One Piece Suit. Choose the red with hi viz yellow for shoulder pad and shin areas. Initially, the "weight" of the suit and "reduced mobility" concerned me. But, after a month or so, it became more pliable and I got used to the weight and/or security it provided - i.e piece of mind. To date, I've probably logged over 50K miles in the suit - across the US etc. Several points are worth mentioning:
1. Visibility with the yellow patches - outstanding!!! I have people say they can see me a mile away.
2. Water resistant is all you can expect. I wear rain gear over top of the suit - which can be a bit muggy in the summer - but, under pouring rain conditions, the added security of knowing I have the stich, helps.
3. Snaps, zippers - everything works as it did back in 01.
4. With the venting - close when you are cold. Open when you are warm. Excellent. AND for those really HOT scorchers...stop in a convenience store and ask how much for ice. They will look at you crazy, explain what you want to do - and you may get the ice for free. Fill the generous thigh pockets and chest pocket with scoops of the ice. Enjoy the next several hours in cool comfort. The ice will melt, you will get some wetness - but - you also have the best AC. ( I generally wear running shorts and a T shirt under the stich. If they get wet, they dry really fast.)
Hope this helps any and all considering this Great Suit. Great Value.