One of the strongest, lightest and most portable folding chairs available—not a cheap throw-away. The legs are made of a special alloy, reinforced at the center hinge to provide strength with less weight. The seat is made with two layers of fabric supported diagonally across the middle and attached to straps on the back. When you sit down, weight is distributed to produce comfortable support with no sagging. Folds to a 4" diameter bundle with a built-in shoulder carry strap. 26.5"×4" (collapsed), 2.5 lbs, 250 lb capacity.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
- Yes! Review by Tom
- What a great chair! Reaonably priced and very comfortable. As mentioned, a little long when folded up, so packing may require strapping to the top of bags. Between this and my Kermit, I have all the bases covered! (Posted on 3/18/12)
- great chair Review by haildamage
- i've been through several lightweight chairs and stools that didnt hold up. this chair is lightweight, tough, sturdy and very comfortable. it is a bit long, so you have to consider where to pack it. i love this chair and highly recommend it! (Posted on 9/27/10)
- Great Chair Review by Bob
- I saw this chair at the store and tried it out, it was very comfortable and tall enough for my fat old body to easily get out of. Folds up in seconds and light to carry. I've used it for several years in both motorcycling and hunting. I recommend it. (Posted on 5/28/10)
Portable Chairs Are Important
Not as obvious as it might seem. These small chairs are the real key to great camping experiences. Having one along gives you much more than a good spot to park your butt no matter where you are at the end of the day. They really give you a chance to invite yourself to sit around another camper’s fire and share a few stories, gain wisdom and make some new friends. So bring your own chair (and maybe a flask?) and sit down and make some wonderful memories.
Some specifics: The Kermit chair is by far the most comfortable, beautiful type here. Over the past two decades it’s become a genuine made-in-USA American motorcycle camper classic. If you ride a touring bike and have the space, it’s still the bomb, but at five pounds it’s a bit heavy and bulky for adventurous dual-sport and sport bike rides. Of the others, I like the Mantis best. It’s nearly as comfortable as the Kermit but packs much smaller and only weighs a pound and a half. It also sets up and takes down slightly faster and easier. And for extreme ultra-light and super-compact packing, any of the others make great choices, too. Just bring one.