Continual refinements in helmet technology have resulted in this all-new, next-level modular helmet design. Boasting streamlined shell aerodynamics to provide noticeably less buffeting and noise than previous helmets, with a reduced weight 5-ply Shock Absorbant Fibershell, this top-of-the-line helmet is filled with advanced updates.
Superior ventilation and a fully removable, washable and replaceable dual-density EPS liner combine with an integrated chin curtain, breath guard and a D-ring retention strap to make this an ideal lid for all-day comfort. An enlarged face shield attaches to a smooth opening flip-up visor, providing a wide, clear field of vision. The clear shield also includes a clear Pinlock to protect against fogging.
A secondary internal sun shield is mounted inside the shell and operates independently from the face shield, deploying easily via a glove optimized left-side slider. Three outer shell sizes are available to best fit all head sizes. A truly advanced modular design. Meets D.O.T. safety standards. Matte Black, Light Silver, White or Yellow. S-XL. 3 lbs. 11 oz.Helmet Fit Guide
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (3)
- Best yet!Review by Tom
- My third modular, and by far the best, if also the most expensive. Fits like a glove, very quiet, good ventilation, comfy. Visor is water-tight too. Highly recommended. (Posted on 4/19/16)
- Comfy and versatileReview by Rich
- Best helmet I ever owned, I have a "Shoei head" and this fits perfectly. My wire-rim glasses fit easily, so I don't have to wear the clunky "BCGs" that I did with regular full-face lids. Good peripheral visibility, quality construction, excellent ventilation. Built-in sun visor is a stroke of genius. It just works. Rain, cold, bright sunlight, fog - handles them all. (Posted on 3/29/16)
- A very good helmetReview by Adam
- I've owned a couple of other modular helmets and this one is better than those. The lock down is positive, the sunscreen is useful and the pinlock anti for works. The neck roll insert does make it quieter. My main helmets now are this and an x-12 but I do use this one mostly. Overall it has a quality feel, the ratchets are positive. The function simple and intuitive. It's not cheap, but it's comparable to other premium helmets out there. (Posted on 4/30/13)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
A Simple Guide to Modular Helmets
We sell four modulars; good, better(two versions) and best. Top to bottom they are from Korea, Italy, and Japan. You can’t go wrong functionally with any of these. Some models fit different head shapes (round, wide, long-oval, etc.) better than others, and you’ll find specific information about this in the detailed product descriptions for each helmet. General fitting instructions and some useful tips are found in our Helmet Fit Guide. – Mr. Subjective.
Lightweight and very quiet. The standard cheek pads were very tight on my face (different thicknesses are available from RPHA, but improvising after the first day of a longer trip with this brand new helmet I used my motel room’s plastic ice bucket to compress the cheek-pad foam almost flat overnight…and from the next morning onward these standard cheek pads were all-day comfortable). Airflow vents extremely effective. Double D ring chin strap a pain after using the great Nolan chin strap latch, but you get used to them after a few days of regular use. This one is very lightweight, which is nice. From Korea.
Kind of gimmick-y in styling and features, but very nice overall. From one of the world’s largest helmet companies. I wear an older, simpler version of this helmet for 95% of my riding (X1002). By far the easiest to use chin strap latch system. Lots of other nice details and features. Durable. Fairly quiet. Integrated intercom or audio system available. The ultimate chin-bar opening latch and hinge system. From Italy.
What I'd probably buy today, and would immediately void the warranty by taking the wonderful chin strap buckle off my old Nolan and sew it onto the chinstrap of one of these, replacing the forever-proven safe-and-reliable-slow (ergonomic P.I.A. in short-distance daily riding) double-D ring system. Superb quality of construction and details, everywhere. Everything works perfectly. A second or third generation design from one of the world's best helmet companies. From Japan.
Modular helmets provide superior versatility. At highway speeds and on sport and unfaired bikes you’ll enjoy ‘full-face’ protection and comfort, yet during short stops, or when riding slow somewhere you can open up the chin bar. This can be especially nice in hot weather. If you want only one helmet to do both all-day longer-distance rides and also for frequent short-hop urban riding, we recommend them.
New helmets take a while to 'break in'. Especially 'full coverage' and modular types. They also take a while to learn the various tabs and slots that open the chin bar and visor and vents. For a while one fumbles around with a new helmet but eventually one learns to use the various bits and it all gets easier. On my old Nolan helmet everything is now second nature.